Sponsored

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
@fletch - we hope you enjoyed camping very much this weekend. If you are back from a weekend of fun please do share more of your early experiences!
Sponsored

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Wee-Strom, Lynskey Cooper
EV chargers can use 120V or 240V circuits. But you are right, RV outlets are 30amps and 120V. I use a TT-30 to a NEMA 14-50 adapter to charge my Tesla at RV plugs. I think the Rivian comes with a 14-50 adapter. This is the product I use https://acworks.com/products/evtt30ms-018-tt-30p-to-tesla-adapter?_pos=8&_sid=8b0ee2bd1&_ss=r . The product says its an EV chord for Tesla's, but I dont see why it wouldnt work with other EV's.

It allows me to charge at about 2.6kw per hour.
I don't know how common they are, but there are 50a/240v outlets at some campsites.
Rivian R1T R1S 🤩 [UPDATE: R1S Delivered! First Reactions + Photos] Friday will be a good day -- scheduled R1S delivery date 1661786107437

Chgroth

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover LR4 and Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
Insurance Company Executive

ARMadventures

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, Navigator
Occupation
Logistics
How does one find out their VIN series?
Once the 8-step buying process opens, you can see your VIN. It will be the last 3-4 digits of the VIN.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Once the 8-step buying process opens, you can see your VIN. It will be the last 3-4 digits of the VIN.
it is the last 6 positions of the vin position 12-17, the latest R1T builds were in the 11000 range.

Sponsored

OP
OP

fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I'm back from the long weekend trip. Thanks for all the congratulations. The last few days have been a lot of fun. And I can tell you it's true that a Rivian gets some attention. I've had more conversations with strangers in parking lots over the last few days than I had the previous few years, easily. Everyone was great. They were all "A Rivian!" types.

I've put exactly 375 miles on it since delivery and it's a joy to drive. One-pedal driving (a new experience for me) is very smooth. I've been on the highest regen setting and I think I only touched the brake pedal about 3 times while in motion this weekend. In between hikes and campfires and taking in views I let the R1S drive for me on the interstate; rolled quietly down a ~5 mile dirt/gravel road through a forest with the windows down and no one in sight; and probably did a couple of proper launches on some straight, empty, remote stretches of pavement.

None of them have been edited yet (other than removing a temp tag number), but a handful of photos from this weekend are attached.

Ok, catching up on the thread, here are some replies to earlier posts:

A lot of people wondered about the 30A adapter I mentioned. Here's a relevant thread on hardware for charging in a campground. I'm no electrician, so I can't vouch for any of the information there, but what I can say is that the Parkworld TT-30P to 14-50R adapter linked from that thread worked great for me this weekend. I topped off with it each night. (The campsite had both 30A and 50A plugs, but the cabin was hooked up to the 50A, so that wasn't available.)

So small world - my daughter and her boy friend just called me and said they spotted an R1S at Pocono State Park, and yelled out who owns the Rivian, and you were standing next to them near the zip-line, and starting talking all about the R1S. They both loved the color you chose for your R1S!!

She showed you my blue R1T - that I just got end of June, after waiting for 3 years as well.
Yeah, that was funny. My daughter and I just happen to have walked down the hill behind them, so we were right there when they spun around, saw the front end, and asked "Whose Rivian?" Nice to meet them both. I hope they were as interested to hear about the R1S as I was to talk about it! (If the Rivian weren't in the way they would have been in that second photo.)

It’s funny that this one R1S delivery to Fletch ended up being picked up by like 5 different outlets like Electrek, InsideEVs, Teslarati, and a few others. Everyone else who got one this weekend was super quiet about it. Not even the Rivian Stories guys made a lot of noise about it and they got two of them. Weird.
Huh, I didn't realize my news went so wide. I only posted a followup here because I'd mentioned the delivery date and knew people were curious. The blogs found it on their own. No idea what's up with the lack of other reports though. Maybe my delivery was a mistake! "Wait, we don't have an NDA for that guy?!" ;) Seriously though, I bet the Rivian Stories folks will have something up soon.

Rivian R1T R1S 🤩 [UPDATE: R1S Delivered! First Reactions + Photos] Friday will be a good day -- scheduled R1S delivery date IMG_4955

Rivian R1T R1S 🤩 [UPDATE: R1S Delivered! First Reactions + Photos] Friday will be a good day -- scheduled R1S delivery date IMG_5182

Rivian R1T R1S 🤩 [UPDATE: R1S Delivered! First Reactions + Photos] Friday will be a good day -- scheduled R1S delivery date 212E4BCB-CE73-41DB-B4E7-FDBF03C35497_1_102_o

Rivian R1T R1S 🤩 [UPDATE: R1S Delivered! First Reactions + Photos] Friday will be a good day -- scheduled R1S delivery date 4655AFD9-9143-4BC5-843D-7D183C1A7C40_1_105_c

Rivian R1T R1S 🤩 [UPDATE: R1S Delivered! First Reactions + Photos] Friday will be a good day -- scheduled R1S delivery date 3BD36EA2-77D9-4CBB-A0DF-1B32818B2A6D_1_102_o

Rivian R1T R1S 🤩 [UPDATE: R1S Delivered! First Reactions + Photos] Friday will be a good day -- scheduled R1S delivery date 572F7B51-25DC-4E39-A5B2-D83CDAAC0CD6_1_102_o

Rivian R1T R1S 🤩 [UPDATE: R1S Delivered! First Reactions + Photos] Friday will be a good day -- scheduled R1S delivery date 3EA9962C-B81F-4A65-A3B2-60062024FB3F_1_102_o

Last edited:

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
I'm back from the long weekend trip. Thanks for all the congratulations. The last few days have been a lot of fun. And I can tell you it's true that a Rivian gets some attention. I've had more conversations with strangers in parking lots over the last few days than I had the previous few years, easily. Everyone was great. They were all "A Rivian!" types.

I've put exactly 375 miles on it since delivery and it's a joy to drive. One-pedal driving (a new experience for me) is very smooth. I've been on the highest regen setting and I think I only touched the brake pedal about 3 times while in motion this weekend. In between hikes and campfires and taking in views I let the R1S drive for me on the interstate; rolled quietly down a ~5 mile dirt/gravel road through a forest with the windows down and no one in sight; and probably did a couple of proper launches on some straight, empty, remote stretches of pavement.

None of them have been edited yet (other than removing a temp tag number), but a handful of photos from this weekend are attached.

A lot of people wondered about the 30A adapter I mentioned. Here's a relevant thread on hardware for charging in a campground. I'm no electrician, so I can't vouch for any of the information there, but what I can say is that the Parkworld TT-30P to 14-50R adapter linked from that thread worked great for me this weekend. I topped off with it each night. (The campsite had both 30A and 50A plugs, but the cabin was hooked up to the 50A, so that wasn't available.)

Yeah, that was funny. My daughter and I just happen to have walked down the hill behind them, so we were right there when they spun around, saw the front end, and asked "Whose Rivian?" Nice to meet them both. I hope they were as interested to hear about the R1S as I was to talk about it! (If the Rivian weren't in the way they would have been in that second photo.)

Huh, I didn't realize my news went so wide. I only posted a followup here because I'd mentioned the delivery date and knew people were curious. The blogs found it on their own. No idea what's up with the lack of other reports though. Maybe my delivery was a mistake! "Wait, we don't have an NDA for that guy?!" ;) Seriously though, I bet the Rivian Stories folks will have something up soon.

IMG_4955.jpeg

IMG_5182.jpg

212E4BCB-CE73-41DB-B4E7-FDBF03C35497_1_102_o.jpeg

4655AFD9-9143-4BC5-843D-7D183C1A7C40_1_105_c.jpeg

3BD36EA2-77D9-4CBB-A0DF-1B32818B2A6D_1_102_o.jpeg

572F7B51-25DC-4E39-A5B2-D83CDAAC0CD6_1_102_o.jpeg

3EA9962C-B81F-4A65-A3B2-60062024FB3F_1_102_o.jpeg
Spectacular. Enjoy.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

It’s funny that this one R1S delivery to Fletch ended up being picked up by like 5 different outlets like Electrek, InsideEVs, Teslarati, and a few others. Everyone else who got one this weekend was super quiet about it. Not even the Rivian Stories guys made a lot of noise about it and they got two of them. Weird. 🤔
They're likely doing a bigger production in a few days

pablo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
I wasn't very confident in my updated August-September delivery window because I haven't heard from a guide, but to see another similarly configured R1S with a similar pre-order date get delivered makes me hopeful!

@fletch how far before delivery did a guide reach out to you?

OP
OP

fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Sponsored

ARMadventures

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, Navigator
Occupation
Logistics
Excellent photos and write up! I've had a hard time sleeping as I wait for the service center to prep my vehicle for delivery. Does anyone know how long that is usually suppose to take? I live less then 10 minutes away from the service center and hoping to pick it up before I go out of town tomorrow afternoon.

The only concerning part is it didn't move yesterday, and there are 6 places on the vehicle that are marked with blue tape. See pics below. The charge door does seem a little out of alignment, but I'm not sure what the other markings are pointing out as I didn't see anything obvious, but also didn't look under the tape. Maybe hood / driver door alignment too?

Rivian R1T R1S 🤩 [UPDATE: R1S Delivered! First Reactions + Photos] Friday will be a good day -- scheduled R1S delivery date IMG_8494

Rivian R1T R1S 🤩 [UPDATE: R1S Delivered! First Reactions + Photos] Friday will be a good day -- scheduled R1S delivery date IMG_8495

Chgroth

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover LR4 and Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
Insurance Company Executive
Thanks. How far in advance of the delivery window does that happen? My window is Oct-Dec of this year.

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
Excellent photos and write up! I've had a hard time sleeping as I wait for the service center to prep my vehicle for delivery. Does anyone know how long that is usually suppose to take? I live less then 10 minutes away from the service center and hoping to pick it up before I go out of town tomorrow afternoon.

The only concerning part is it didn't move yesterday, and there are 6 places on the vehicle that are marked with blue tape. See pics below. The charge door does seem a little out of alignment, but I'm not sure what the other markings are pointing out as I didn't see anything obvious, but also didn't look under the tape. Maybe hood / driver door alignment too?

IMG_8494.jpg

IMG_8495.jpg
All of those are items that need fixing. Could be a paint/buffing issue or the fact that the "RIVIAN" decal is missing from the driver side door.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations

IMG_4955.jpeg

IMG_5182.jpg

212E4BCB-CE73-41DB-B4E7-FDBF03C35497_1_102_o.jpeg

4655AFD9-9143-4BC5-843D-7D183C1A7C40_1_105_c.jpeg

3BD36EA2-77D9-4CBB-A0DF-1B32818B2A6D_1_102_o.jpeg

572F7B51-25DC-4E39-A5B2-D83CDAAC0CD6_1_102_o.jpeg

3EA9962C-B81F-4A65-A3B2-60062024FB3F_1_102_o.jpeg
This isn't the laurel highlands trail is it?

ARMadventures

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, Navigator
Occupation
Logistics
Thanks. How far in advance of the delivery window does that happen? My window is Oct-Dec of this year.
From what I can tell, once you are matched to a vehicle it is 1-3 weeks till delivery.
Sponsored