Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I really like the OC wood in the render if they can make it look like that it will be best the one I saw at the first mile event was a chalk white that looked fake and terrible.
Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

But I would also take it with the black wood or forest wood would also be kind of cool if they are doing it just to get the OC orders out then It will be super rare with that combo.

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Isn't the light wood like, the defining aspect of OC? It's not much of a coast without the sand accent (black sand beaches notwithstanding).

Not saying the combo can't look good but there's an enormous difference in aesthetic between tuxedo black/white and sandy yellow/white.

It's hard to be a granola muncher when wrapped in a tuxedo.

ATL_R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Adventure
Clubs

Isn't the light wood like, the defining aspect of OC? It's not much of a coast without the sand accent (black sand beaches notwithstanding).

Not saying the combo can't look good but there's an enormous difference in aesthetic between tuxedo black/white and sandy yellow/white.

There are black volcanic sand beaches in Hawaii....

Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Guess I'm the only one that liked the light wood for contrast :)

I'll still take it without the light wood. I'm mainly in it for the grey leather.

I'm surprised that with all of the light color wood options they couldn't get one to work. Maybe that is why legacy OE's rarely go with light wood options?

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
I guess I’m the odd one out in that I would be disappointed not getting the lighter wood. However, I would probably go for a driftwood color if the light wood is too inconsistent

tobyringle

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S

Everyone looks good in a tuxedo.

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
We're putting a lot of faith into what one person at a service center said.

It's something we've speculated at before and certainly possible, but let's wait for official word.

I'd prefer the lighter wood, but only if it looks high quality. The wood in the BM is great and was easily the highlight of the interior for me.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I guess I’m the odd one out in that I would be disappointed not getting the lighter wood. However, I would probably go for a driftwood color if the light wood is too inconsistent
Lol. We posted about the same post within 2 minutes of each other. Jollyroger, perhaps you can get some local pirates to fashion you new trim out of driftwood?

Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Take it for what is worth. When I was picking up my truck today the service center guide mentioned that OC configs were going to start shipping but with the wood trim from the BM combo. I know a lot of you were hoping that they would use the walnut from the FE trim but that doesn't sound like thats case.

Announcement should be coming soon.
Something is better than nothing I guess. The wood really gave them that many troubles eh?

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
We're putting a lot of faith into what one person at a service center said.

It's something we've speculated at before and certainly possible, but let's wait for official word.

I'd prefer the lighter wood, but only if it looks high quality. The wood in the BM is great and was easily the highlight of the interior for me.
Given poor communication in general, hasn't this been the way we've learned about most things except from the one Tech guy on reddit?

Arky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru WRX STI
Surprised they would be going with the BM wood and not the FE one. That would seem to fit better and be a nice transition between tones.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Rivian R1T R1S [Update: Official look at new OC interior w/ dark-stained ash wood] Ocean Coast with BM wood trim are shipping soon according to service center guide 1660836904219

Mockup with the door panel inserts. I think it looks pretty dang nice still. This would be my choice if given the option between BM wood and FE wood.

Note whoever did this left the steering wheel airbag black, it will look better in white.