Sponsored

R1S preorder having a bit of R1T envy

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
Rivian R1T R1S R1S preorder having a bit of R1T envy 1660154053801

Just saying "hi" to whoever this was (yes I cleared your plate for privacy) on I405 in Washington State. Followed you for about 5 miles until I exited.

BTW - R1T has got some hips, how did I not ever notice this?

I can't be the only R1S preorder holder that is starting to feel a bit envious of the R1T people driving around all the time. Some of the hype has died and now I think we are all certainly in the slow slog towards the day we get our call. Can Rivian just hurry up already.... 2023 baby, here we come!!!
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

BTW - R1T has got some hips, how did I not ever notice this?
The aggressiveness of the truck from the rear is one of my favorite parts.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Guilty of the same envy.

Sometimes, you just gotta say WTF.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S preorder having a bit of R1T envy 265B19BE-D3A8-4126-BD8E-42DD2EDC823E

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
This probably won't help, but I was an early R1S reservation holder (11/20) who changed last month to an R1T.

My R1T is built and in transport to my service center.

I'm happy, but my wife is pissed our SUV became a truck. We ended up putting in a separate order for a future R1S. My guess is I'll be waiting 2+ years for delivery of the R1S.

Sponsored

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

I have none.

Glad for those that got their trucks early. Sorry for those that are living with all the infant manufacturing issues but it is expected for early production units.

By the time R1S rolls out, vast majority of the infant issues should be worked out for the common elements with R1T. SUV unique elements will go through the infant production issues but thankfully, those are not the drive unit, suspension issues, hood popping open, inconsistent paint job or bunch of loose fasteners.

My 4 yrs old Model 3 is roughly 36,000 VIN and have not had any issues that early adopters experienced. I am hoping for the same with Rivian. I intentionally avoided LE and waited until there were sufficient orders before placing mine (Nov 2021). I am in the first 50K of the reservations but probably build-wise in the 40K units - probably mid 2023 delivery.

Luckily, I don't need a new vehicle so when it comes, it comes.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

We're still in the VERY early days and they hype is still real - I have people coming up to me all the time who have no idea what a Rivian is - and I also have people coming up all the time saying "I have never seen one in person before" - there are 10,000 trucks in a country of 330,000,000 - still a lot of hype to go around.

kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 LS 400, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

This probably won't help, but I was an early R1S reservation holder (11/20) who changed last month to an R1T.

I'm happy, but my wife is pissed our SUV became a truck. We ended up putting in a separate order for a future R1S. My guess is I'll be waiting 2+ years for delivery of the R1S.
You are a brave man.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

As long as the contract is signed.

OP
OP
RBR1S

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trust me, I've thought if it several times.

Rivian: Hmmm yes, Patient you must be....
Me: I want it now, now now now now NOW!

OP
OP
RBR1S

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
We're still in the VERY early days and they hype is still real - I have people coming up to me all the time who have no idea what a Rivian is - and I also have people coming up all the time saying "I have never seen one in person before" - there are 10,000 trucks in a country of 330,000,000 - still a lot of hype to go around.

I was thinking more personal hype. You know the kind where you've ordered your 85" TV after watching it for hours in the Bestbuy and now you just want it to get here so you can enjoy it kind of hype. AKA no amount of videos, reviews, forums, etc. is going to bring back the excitement of when you first saw the announcement of Rivian.

As for the "whats that" crowd, I've ordered the optional hologram projector so my R1S will appear to be a beat up 1993 Ford Explorer so people won't come asking me questions :CWL:
Sponsored