🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
😍😍

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

I'm really waffling between Black Mountain and Forest Edge. I've seen both in person. I want to like FE but to me it's distracting. The dash already has a lot of lines and different materials. Adding the grey/green/wood stain on top seems too busy sometimes. My first mile drive was in an El Cap/Black Mountain R1T and the BM interior was so slick and clean-looking. I don't know. If they were the same price I'd probably go with FE. Anyway I still have probably 9+ months to decide. Here are 2 pics I took of FE up close.

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST EDGE Rivian Interior Photos tempImageZvSmEA

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST EDGE Rivian Interior Photos tempImage7xM5fe

Last edited:

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I'm really waffling between Black Mountain and Forest Edge. I've seen both in person. I want to like FE but to me it's distracting. The dash already has a lot of lines and different materials. Adding the grey/green/wood stain on top seems to busy sometimes. My first mile drive was in an El Cap/Black Mountain R1T and the BM interior was so slick and clean-looking. I don't know. If they were the same price I'd probably go with FE. Anyway I still have probably 9+ months to decide. Here are 2 pics I took of FE up close.

tempImageZvSmEA.jpg

tempImage7xM5fe.jpg
I haven't seen FE in person but I've seen BM twice now and both times I came away feeling like it was way to monochrome. I didn't get any of the "dark gray" vibes that everyone mentioned. To me it was just endless black with very little contrast. I really wouldn't consider BM for my interior, even knowing it might significantly improve my delivery timeline.

Sponsored

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

I haven't seen FE in person but I've seen BM twice now and both times I came away feeling like it was way to monochrome. I didn't get any of the "dark gray" vibes that everyone mentioned. To me it was just endless black with very little contrast. I really wouldn't consider BM for my interior, even knowing it might significantly improve my delivery timeline.
Yeah I get that. Here are some pics from my first mile drive. There's enough going on here for me, personally.

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST EDGE Rivian Interior Photos tempImageSagBMq

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST EDGE Rivian Interior Photos tempImageWX1m0Z

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Some more photos of FG from the Rivian hub. Enjoy!

FG Rivian.jpg

FG Dash.jpg

FG Door.jpg

FG Driver 2.jpg

FG Driver Door.jpg

FG Driver.jpg

FG Seat 2.jpg

FG Seat.jpg

FG Seats Back.jpg

FG Seats.jpg

FE and RC.jpg

Not too crazy about the Red exterior on Green interior, but I'll be DAMNED if that green interior doesn't look BAD ASS. Now, what color to decide on for the outside as Limestone doesn't cut it for me either. El Cap Granite is starting to look very appealing.

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
Not too crazy about the Red exterior on Green interior, but I'll be DAMNED if that green interior doesn't look BAD ASS. Now, what color to decide on for the outside as Limestone doesn't cut it for me either. El Cap Granite is starting to look very appealing.
El Cap with FE is amazing. You will not regret it. Never thought going this color combo until I saw it at the Venice Hub and it sealed the deal for me

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I think EC/FE would be a great combo and I'd definitely consider it if I didn't feel like there are just too many neutral color vehicles on the road these days (especially some variation of charcoal/dark grey).

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Let the struggle continue

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

El Cap with FE is amazing. You will not regret it. Never thought going this color combo until I saw it at the Venice Hub and it sealed the deal for me
Looks great in person.

EricT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma 1999
Thanks for posting. Love the wood inlays on Forest Edge, don't love the $2k upgrade cost but at least I would get 1k back since no chance I pair it with Blue exterior...

This is my dilemma these days but not in a rush (unfortunately) to make a decision. I think I am down to one of three color combos for my LE R1T:

Rivian Blue with Ocean Coast
Midnight with Ocean Coast
Midnight with Forest Edge

The Blue seems to be the most popular option based on the reviews posted. With the Ocean Coast I worry about it getting dirty and also black dog hair everywhere...
I thought the same, that Blue with FE interior wouldn't work, then I saw it IRL in typical Washington semi-overcast light. It works, as the FE is more grey with the green panels acting more like "accent" colors. Of course the natural walnut stain is great, and it seems that wood is better treated than the BM we had in my "First Mile" test-drive.

Like a lot of folks, I've got options if I were to "get the call" and able to leap-frog forward. RB ext with FE int would certainly work if it got me a rig before Feb '23!

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
... Rivian Blue with Ocean Coast ...
This was originally what I had my heart set on, alas I live in Florida, the part where we experience only two seasons: Summer and Hurricane. That glorious warm giving sun would cause all sorts of havoc on that Ocean coast interior (that and just looking at it will get it dirty). So I'm going to settle for Forrest Edge interior. Still debating on the exterior.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

This was originally what I had my heart set on, alas I live in Florida, the part where we experience only two seasons: Summer and Hurricane. That glorious warm giving sun would cause all sorts of havoc on that Ocean coast interior (that and just looking at it will get it dirty). So I'm going to settle for Forrest Edge interior. Still debating on the exterior.
In the end I didn’t like OC, the bleached look to the wood wasn’t to my taste so alas I switched to BM long before it was the hip thing to do 🤪
Sponsored