Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

Good afternoon

I was looking for any accessories for my R1T and came across some screen protectors (listed below). They have both clear and matt finish. Does anyone have suggestions for which one to get?

I would think the matt finish would cut down a lot on the glare of the screen, and possibly fingerprints? but will it make the screens look too strange?

Best

Adam

https://twraps.com/products/screen-protectors-for-rivian-r1t-r1s?variant=41824474562758
Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
OP
OP
abirozy

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

Do you have your truck yet? You'll see when you get it. The dust and glare make the center screen unusable at times.
exactly my reasons... now that I am typing it out, I think Matt finish as glare and fingerprints are two things that matt finish screen protectors excel at. :)

Sponsored

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
I have not noticed any problem with glare so far (2500 miles), even though I was concerned about it because of the glass roof. As far as fingerprints go, I have kept microfiber cloths in my vehicles for many years to wipe down the screen(s) a couple of times a week. It only takes a few seconds and makes a world of difference.

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
I went with matt and am happy I did. No more finger prints and streaks. My truck is in for service and I'm in a loaner and it just confirms that I made the right choice. Only downside was that I had to turn up the brightness a little on the screen. I went with this company. https://screenprotech.com

SRTConvert

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lincoln Navigator L
Matte is the way to go. I chose matte for my Tesla S (front and back). I went with tempered glass covers from Elon Accessories for more protection. Perhaps more important on an adventure vehicle than a Tesla.

No film on the driver's display, but the S has a decent hood to block direct sunlight.

Last edited:

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I have not noticed any problem with glare so far (2500 miles),
We're at like 2200 miles and I never noticed it... Until I got in the passenger seat. I could barely see the driver display with all the dust. And wiping the main display with a cloth is a PITA because you can't lock it.

EDIT: ordered the matte protectors 👍

Last edited:
OP
OP
abirozy

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

Thanks for the input everyone. I ordered a set of matt protectors (along with the PPF carpool covers).

Sponsored

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
I put matte on mine as well to completely solve the fingerprint problem. I noticed it was a little hard to read the clock so I turned up the brightness and it is fine now.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I went with matt and am happy I did. No more finger prints and streaks. My truck is in for service and I'm in a loaner and it just confirms that I made the right choice. Only downside was that I had to turn up the brightness a little on the screen. I went with this company. https://screenprotech.com
I ordered from them too, but didn't realize it would take 7 days just to ship them, especially when I paid more for faster shipping. I'm a little annoyed, but reserving judgment until I install them. They do have 15% off, DONTABANDONME

omamatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure; 2020 BMW X5
I like the matte, however, I don't like the notches on the top for the sensors.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
FWIW- I put matte screen protector on my Model Y, no regrets, no finger prints either ;)