Sponsored

Jul-Sep 2022 Delivery Group (Pre price hike)

Bttrylfe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Battery Energy Storage Project Manager
How many people in this delivery window have seen a Rivian in person? Have the folks who have had guide contact or taken delivery seen them in person before guide contact?

I haven't been offered the opportunity to see one.
I saw my first one on my first drive back in February and luckily live in Denver where the service center always has some in stock to look at.

No guide contact for me yet, but seeing it in person and driving it make the "hopefully" short wait well worth it.
Sponsored

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Not sure I get all the angst. We’re in the July-September cohort. Last I checked it’s currently May. Sure, our friends at Rivian haven’t exactly given us a lot of confidence in their ability to deliver but maybe wait another 4 months before losing your ****? If you’re pissed because they haven’t surprised to the upside then maybe you haven’t been paying attention. :)

OP
OP
EVTrucking

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

Does anyone in the thread live in the Boise ID area and have received their R1 or gotten a guide?

I am starting to think that living in Boise ID makes me a bit of a pariah to Rivian.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Does anyone in the thread live in the Boise ID area and have received their R1 or gotten a guide?

I am starting to think that living in Boise ID makes me a bit of a pariah to Rivian.
what is your pre-order date?

OP
OP
EVTrucking

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

what is your pre-order date?
My pre order date is 3/23/21. I really don’t know why I am even in the Jul-Sep delivery window. My estimate has me late in 2023.

My comment on being a pariah is related to the mystery behind how so many folks with even later pre order dates than me are getting R1s and guides. No one with a pre order date in 2021 or 2022 should be getting an R1 this year!

The whole thing is a mess. But I cannot stop trying to figure it out or from visiting this forum.

Sponsored

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
My pre order date is 3/23/21. I really don’t know why I am even in the Jul-Sep delivery window. My estimate has me late in 2023.

My comment on being a pariah is related to the mystery behind how so many folks with even later pre order dates than me are getting R1s and guides. No one with a pre order date in 2021 or 2022 should be getting an R1 this year!

The whole thing is a mess. But I cannot stop trying to figure it out or from visiting this forum.
I see three possibilities:
  1. They are just picking people randomly
  2. The whole price adjustment and restoring canceled orders thing ended up breaking some people's dates, Rivian hasn't noticed, and they aren't being chosen for guide contact because of that.
  3. Giant dart board

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
Not sure I get all the angst. We’re in the July-September cohort. Last I checked it’s currently May. Sure, our friends at Rivian haven’t exactly given us a lot of confidence in their ability to deliver but maybe wait another 4 months before losing your ****? If you’re pissed because they haven’t surprised to the upside then maybe you haven’t been paying attention. :)
If you venture into the Oct-Dec 22 delivery thread, I think that would clear up many of our feelings. There's quite a few people in that window who have guides assigned and/or have received their trucks already. Meanwhile in this thread, it's been mostly crickets. I am trying to remind myself that I'm not at my designated window, yet, and there are people who are in the April/May/June windows who still have not received their vehicles. Still, the number of people who ordered much later than us and have received vehicles, to steal a meme, IS TOO DAMN HIGH. :)

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I see three possibilities:
  1. They are just picking people randomly
  2. The whole price adjustment and restoring canceled orders thing ended up breaking some people's dates, Rivian hasn't noticed, and they aren't being chosen for guide contact because of that.
  3. Giant dart board
1 and 3 are definite possibilities but I think they haven’t lost the dates. Because if you talk to customer service they have it. When I spoke to therm recently they said “ I understand, I see you’ve been with us for a while”. Etc.

OP
OP
EVTrucking

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

So good. September 2021 order....lottery winner
Trying to be happy for this person but ….. WTF……. 9/21 Pre Order!!!!

It is just not right, seriously what gives?

It cannot possibly have anything to do with configuration or location. Something is fishy!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

SmorOfNaivir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Ford Maverick Lariat

It cannot possibly have anything to do with configuration or location. Something is fishy!!
Just trying to give you another data point here, that I agree with you (please don't kill this lucky messenger when you read on ...)

Popping over from the Oct-Dec estimated delivery group, also with a September 21 order. I'm on 8 steps which opened 2 days ago after the following scenario occured:

Got a First Mile invite about 2 weeks ago, got Guide contact between First Mile appointment and actual First Mile drive, then reached out to the Guide after First Mile to say I was open to other configs besides mine (which had been locked upon first guide call), at which point I was given a library of available options - including Launch Edition with all the goodies, which I've chosen and am now awaiting delivery of.

I'm extremely close (less than 10 miles) to a service center. I have to believe this is a factor. Either this, or speedily adding the powered tonneau after the March 1st config reset, maybe this screwed up the queue?

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

You gotta know some people....

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Marketing

I live 10 min from the factory, and from what I've pieced together someone local bailed on their delivery one way or another and I was the next local person on the list with that configuration.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I live 10 min from the factory, and from what I've pieced together someone local bailed on their delivery one way or another and I was the next local person on the list with that configuration.
Congratulations again, just know that this can annoy a lot of people around this neighborhood.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Keep posting content, great looking rig
Sponsored