Sponsored

Jul-Sep 2022 Delivery Group (Pre price hike)

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
How many people in this delivery window have seen a Rivian in person? Have the folks who have had guide contact or taken delivery seen them in person before guide contact?

I haven't been offered the opportunity to see one.
Sponsored

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
I happened to drive past one on a side road here in town last week. That's been my only sighting of a Rivian in person, and could be for some time, still.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
How many people in this delivery window have seen a Rivian in person? Have the folks who have had guide contact or taken delivery seen them in person before guide contact?

I count myself as lucky to have driven one. I was signed up for a drive event in LA and it was rained out and my slot was canceled, but Rivian brought a truck to my house a few days later and I got to drive and check it out for about 30 minutes.

But no guide contact yet.

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate

Have been to the Venice Hub twice, attended the Sonoma 1st Mile Event and visited the Costa Mesa Service Center just to look at the trucks and the different paint combinations

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer

Nope. Never seen one in person or driven one. BUT, that's not going to stop me from completing my purchase if I haven't seen/driven one by the time my lucky number is called to get an R1T.

Sponsored

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning

Closest I've come to seeing one is seeing a truck carrying 5 Rivians on the other side of a 5 lane highway. I could go to the Venice hub, but that will probably just increase my disappointment of not having a guide yet.

Last edited:

Brwood14608

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future R1T Adventure
Occupation
Firefighter
Got my guide contact today and I'm working on locating/ordering a truck with him. He's very nice and helpful. Hope that means more of my fellow July-September folks will be hearing soon as well!
Let me know what timeline you get I was contacted on 4/28 and told on 5/16 I was paired to a VIN on the back end of the system and that my VIN shows on the line in Production. My guide didn't want to tell me a timeline of how long production takes and stated he wasn't sure where on the line it was. So I at least know im matched even though I cant see it on my end but all I can be told is ...s00n.....

Big_Ike

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MYP, '22 R1T, '23 R1S
Occupation
Parenting
Clubs

How many people in this delivery window have seen a Rivian in person?
I saw one at the Overland Expo in Flagstaff in 2018, saw two at the Venice hub this March and test drove one a couple weeks ago - it was my brother's test drive, but he invited me to join.

Still no guide contact for me, but my original order is a max pack and OC interior - I may never see that one!

Sponsored

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Got my guide contact today and I'm working on locating/ordering a truck with him. He's very nice and helpful. Hope that means more of my fellow July-September folks will be hearing soon as well!
Finally a little more movement in our group. Did they give you any options on getting a truck that is already built? Noticed a few people in the October thread were able to ask about different configs that were already built but not assigned to anyone.

OP
OP
EVTrucking

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

I have not seen one and do not have a guide. I don’t expect to see one until mine is delivered sometime in late 2023.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Finally a little more movement in our group. Did they give you any options on getting a truck that is already built? Noticed a few people in the October thread were able to ask about different configs that were already built but not assigned to anyone.
Because I'm open to multiple colors and options we did discuss that but I think they are moving away from that practice unless maybe someone bails on their order at the last minute. (my impression, don't quote me)

But I should know more next week as to if it will be a an existing truck or something coming up in production.

TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order

Went to the NY Auto Show in 2019 to see them after I put my deposit down that Feb. Saw them again at the Fully Charged Live event in Austin in 2020. Had my first mile drive in April this year. But, no guide contact and have a feeling it will be quite a while longer for this guy!
Sponsored