Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I don't think they were thrilled with us figuring out the number of orders they had on the books :mad:
Definitely not, they fixed it pretty quick & now things are significantly obfuscated.

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

...the wait continues November '19 reservation...no email yet. the first configurator screenshots looks great in the dark colors...crazy we are all so eager to log in $75k+ in a rush...Rivian...the new $70K+ iPhone :CWL:
Best joke I have seen so far on the forum today. I was driving up the Gros Ventre River in Jackson looking at all the elk hunters waiting in their pickups for the great migration to arrive and I imagined being in a Rivian. Coming......a dream, El Cap Grey.

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul EV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Well, the order # is still there :) Just hover over the "truck" or "suv" icon under the "home" icon. Still one URL left for them to patch, no?

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Configurator is Up For Reservation Holders! Share Your Build / Configuration Inside 917CC1D8-D05A-4796-9E92-B1A457EC16D6

it‘s more than a year away, but pretty excited.

Sponsored

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Well, the order # is still there :) Just hover over the "truck" or "suv" icon under the "home" icon. Still one URL left for them to patch, no?
Yep, that matches the old order number I had. Not that it makes much difference with the 400 mile version so far out.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Yeah, that ship has sailed, but they fixed things starting in August

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
$10k more is pretty steep for 100 mi’s more and equals out to about ~$222 a kW to go from 135 to 180. I’m sure it’s not really that expensive to produce but that’s what premium you would be paying. It’s cool to have that much range but how many people really need to go from 300 to 400?
Welcome to the world of electric vehicles. Let's compare to Cyber Truck:

Single Motor, 250 miles = $40K
Dual Motor, 300 miles = $50K
Tri Motor, 500 miles = $70K

So $10K for just 50 extra miles, and $20K for an extra 200 miles on top of that. I fully expected the extra cost of the 400+ to be about $10k and predicted that on another thread.

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
Yep, it still works (hovering over the truck or SUV icon under home icon).

I'm a Nov. 30, 2018, early pre-order holder. According to skyote and others' good work, I was #14XX on our internal scheme and, now, I'm #24XX on Rivian's pre-order system. Minus 1000 for starting at 1000, and our scheme and Rivian's match. Yahoo!

Configured the R1S with Rivian Blue, Black Forest and 20" tires, but I'm also considering 3 other combos: Launch Green w/ Black Forest, Launch Green w/ Forest Edge, and Forest Green w/ Forest Edge.

As others have mentioned, a real life look at the colors will make all the difference. And, like others, give me the 20" wheels from the R1T please. Don't understand why the rims should be different.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
But the blue is so unique...I hope it looks like it does on my screen in person. I've only owned grey and black cars before so this will be quite a massive difference given that this is also my first EV.
If you are talking about the renders then.. no, it won't. The actual photos of the blue on the
That seems reasonable - there were a couple of folks who ordered DURING the show that were in the 1200-1500 range. The question is...did they start at 1000? :)

FWIW I ordered 3 days after the Amazon investment announcement: February 18, 2019 and my number is 7431.
There is a whole thread dedicated to that question!

Sponsored

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

917CC1D8-D05A-4796-9E92-B1A457EC16D6.png

it‘s more than a year away, but pretty excited.
Love your choices. Bet you will grill that western omelet to perfection just as the sun rises to bathe your Rivian it is sparkling rays. Yellow, on yellow, on yellow —glory!

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

ElectricDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Any word on the roof options? I didn't see any listed.
I have the same concern. I configured for a LE just to save my spot, but I dont really want the panoramic glass roof with these texas summers.

I put down my deposit after RJ stated you could get a mid size battery pack, well-equipped, with the electro-chromatic roof for 69k.

I'm quite disappointed with how Rivian has created their explore trim. They always made the claim that all rivians would have premium interiors with real wood, an armored battery box that you could high-center on, onboard air compressor and the gear guard feature. Now all these features are extra?! (WTF). Plus they removed the lidar, and the 180 fold down, power tailgate. To me, they removed many of the features that allowed me to accept the premium price, and then they upcharged many of the features that they said would be standard.

Aside from the gear tunnel and 4 individual motors, it is very possible that Ford will release an electric f-150 that may have many of the same features for a lesser cost, and similar delivery date (for those that have accepted we probably won't accept delivery until well into 2022).