Sponsored

SuperFan86

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Was curious how viable it would be to haul a cart in the Rivian. It fits, but I'll probably stick with the trailer....

Rivian R1T R1S Golf Cart in Rivian R1T (pics) PXL_20220430_214210090

Rivian R1T R1S Golf Cart in Rivian R1T (pics) PXL_20220430_214405681

Rivian R1T R1S Golf Cart in Rivian R1T (pics) PXL_20220430_214415706

Rivian R1T R1S Golf Cart in Rivian R1T (pics) PXL_20220430_214421483

Rivian R1T R1S Golf Cart in Rivian R1T (pics) PXL_20220430_214428913
Sponsored

OP
OP

SuperFan86

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Cool.

curious how those cables and hinges do hitting a speed bump with this setup.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Be interesting to see how long that tailgate would hold up with the weight of that thing bouncing around on it for extended periods of time if you were to drive any lengthy distances.

Is there weight rating from Rivian for the tailgate itself?

DannyC

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 RAM 1500, 2022 R1T (soon)
Occupation
Computer Consultant
I can't find a specific rating from Rivian but here are some other ratings I found. I figure its likely close. I would not want the heavy battery end of the golf cart on the tailgate.

From https://vehicleanswers.com/how-much-weight-can-a-pickup-truck-tailgate-hold/

...Honda Ridgeline, which has a tailgate weight of 85 lbs., and has a loading capacity of about 500 lbs.

This is followed by the Ford F-150 and the Ford Ranger, which have a weight of 60lbs and 70lbs respectively and have a weight capacity of 600lbs and 650lbs, in the same order...

With those larger hinges it might be less as there is a lot more fulcrum distance on those hinges. Plus no cables to support the tailgate.

Sponsored

ResidualReality

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Limited
Occupation
CTO
I can't find a specific rating from Rivian but here are some other ratings I found. I figure its likely close. I would not want the heavy battery end of the golf cart on the tailgate.

From https://vehicleanswers.com/how-much-weight-can-a-pickup-truck-tailgate-hold/

...Honda Ridgeline, which has a tailgate weight of 85 lbs., and has a loading capacity of about 500 lbs.

This is followed by the Ford F-150 and the Ford Ranger, which have a weight of 60lbs and 70lbs respectively and have a weight capacity of 600lbs and 650lbs, in the same order...

With those larger hinges it might be less as there is a lot more fulcrum distance on those hinges. Plus no cables to support the tailgate.
The Rivian tailgate does have cables. They are also visible in some of the shots above. Great info though outside of that.

OP
OP

SuperFan86

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

Rivian tailgate weight limit is 1000lbs based on multiple online sources, but I can't find it on the website.

junkanoo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Suburu Outback, R1S
Occupation
Supply Chain Planning
Last edited:
OP
OP

SuperFan86

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Just getting the front wheel up ... the front end has to weigh about 400 pounds ... correct?

Btw, what do you use the golf cart for? As configured, It's certainly not golf.
I didn't really pick it up, I just used some ramps. Weight wise is front loaded wit the batteries located directly under the seat. Mine is about 600 lbs, but the average cart is closer to 800.

Around here golf carts are popular neighborhood vehicles. We drive them to the parks and local downtown area that is full of shops and restaurants. We don't even have a golf course within 10 miles of us.

Mine is equipped with an aftermarket lithium battery and motor, so I have a range of close to 40 miles and a top speed of 38 mph.
Sponsored