R1S
Clubs

R1S sightings....

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Looked to me like some of those R1T's had FE interior as well. Looked too light for BM, but too dark for OC.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

They all looked like BM to me.

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
The Chicago Tribune had an article on the visit today that included the following two lines:

"Hoping to assuage concerns, Scaringe opened the doors to his 3.3 million-square-foot factory last week, demonstrating both the progress Rivian has made, and the urgency to increase production. ......

The R1T pickup, which launched production in September, was the dominant species on the plant tour, spotted in various stages of assembly, along with EDV 700 and EDV 500 Amazon delivery vans. Sightings of the R1S pickup, which began production in December, were somewhat rare."

As an R1S customer, my concern since August has been the lack of information on the R1S - made worse for me by the sham sales of "production" R1S to RJ and Claire. Sadly, it seems more than 6 months into production the investor press show did NOTHING to assuage or address fears about the R1S.

Sponsored

buddha2lotus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model s
Occupation
physician
The Chicago Tribune had an article on the visit today that included the following two lines:

"Hoping to assuage concerns, Scaringe opened the doors to his 3.3 million-square-foot factory last week, demonstrating both the progress Rivian has made, and the urgency to increase production. ......

The R1T pickup, which launched production in September, was the dominant species on the plant tour, spotted in various stages of assembly, along with EDV 700 and EDV 500 Amazon delivery vans. Sightings of the R1S pickup, which began production in December, were somewhat rare."

As an R1S customer, my concern since August has been the lack of information on the R1S - made worse for me by the sham sales of "production" R1S to RJ and Claire. Sadly, it seems more than 6 months into production the investor press show did NOTHING to assuage or address fears about the R1S.
Having just had my test drive in a R1T (I'm also a R1S pre-order), I can hopefully assure you that the R1S will be worth the wait and you will not be disappointed. Coming from a Model S, I was just amazed at the attention to details and craftsmanship of the RIT. I am not someone who goes over everything with a fine toothed comb but at least grossly, the R1T was so much better put together than my Model S. The electronics all worked well and smoothly, the screen was beautiful and responsive. And it drove much better than a truck had any right to. I have been kind of worried with the stock not doing so well. But after the test drive, I am now very much assured that Rivian builds really awesome vehicles. I truly believe its future is going to be even brighter than Telsa if they can continue what they are doing so far and if they can continue to innovate.

kneebuster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Hyundai Tucson Plug-in Hybrid
Occupation
Professor
Looked to me like some of those R1T's had FE interior as well. Looked too light for BM, but too dark for OC.
I tend to agree, and that jives with what I was told yesterday, that they are prioritizing BM and FE interiors at this point.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
You can tell by the video that production is still extremely slow. Let’s hope they can ramp up the speed in 2023.

Sponsored