First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
Just spotted in back of Bellevue WA Service Center. There are a LOT of trucks there. I'm starting to think they are just building units based on order patterns and then matching vehicles to specific orders once the vehicle is in stock at the SC.
Rivian R1T R1S LIMESTONE R1T Photos Limestone Rivian
Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Just spotted in back of Bellevue WA Service Center. There are a LOT of trucks there. I'm starting to think they are just building units based on order patterns and then matching vehicles to specific orders once the vehicle is in stock at the SC.
Limestone Rivian.jpg
it must have just come in. i was there yesterday and they told me there were no Limestones on site. grrrr...

what'd you think of the color? it is as blue as all the pics make it appear or more neutral grey in person like most are saying

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
it must have just come in. i was there yesterday and they told me there were no Limestones on site. grrrr...

what'd you think of the color? it is as blue as all the pics make it appear or more neutral grey in person like most are saying
I liked it a LOT. It was in the shade, a tiny hind of blueish tint, but didn't appear blue in a major way. About what I expected. I may switch depending on delivery timing.

KenJ

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S85D
Occupation
Engineer
Funny - I think there were 2 Limestone @ Denver yesterday. This was getting unloaded earlier and then it sounded like they realized it was for another location and it was reloaded and left.

I tried to get the LA Silver and El Cap in the background for reference and a closeup of the “mica” flake (it’s definitely different kind of sparkle from the metallic colors). I don’t think any of the vehicles I saw had anything other than the Mountain Black interior and I think I only saw one with 21” wheels (most were 20”, but a couple of 22”).

It’s about the same shade as Ford Fighter Jet Gray (plus this has some sparkle). It also reminds me of the Corvette Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic or McLaren Ice Silver.

Rivian R1T R1S LIMESTONE R1T Photos E9A4AAF6-271F-429D-A740-BFFDDBFCA15A
Rivian R1T R1S LIMESTONE R1T Photos FE2D92C2-F671-46C6-9453-37D27818930E
Rivian R1T R1S LIMESTONE R1T Photos 5CF42DF7-0A69-4BF2-B174-FE2AB061C4BA

Sponsored

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

Saw it in person today as well. Was lovely and I didn’t perceive any blue to it. Truck was filthy and you could hardly tell. My wife declared it as her favorite color and is pushing to switch. We’ll see…

Last edited:

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Saw it in person today as well. Was lovely and I didn’t perceive any blue to it. Truck was filthy and you could hardly tell. My wife declared it as her favorite color and is pushing to switch. We’ll see…
Interesting. Im in the same boat. my GF loves it, but I'm not sure. I like it and like that it's unique - but not sure how I'll feel about it in a few years.

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
No! #TeamYellow must stay strong, no matter the temptation. Don't let that temptress turn you to the bland side!

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

No! #TeamYellow must stay strong, no matter the temptation. Don't let that temptress turn you to the bland side!
Happy wife… happy life… ?

Rivian R1T R1S LIMESTONE R1T Photos 1648398322032

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

ok. here is the same truck, on the same day, taken with my iphone and my nikon DSLR.

so my iphone pic lines up with most of the pics we've been seeing online. my nikon pic is much closer to what i saw in person. its close to a neutral grey but if i had to lean one way i'd say its more hint of blue than hint of green. i think that comes across in the photo and in person.

its definitely not the bleached blue tone that some pics have been showing.

verdict? still not sure even after seeing it. don't hate it but dont love it either.

iphone
Rivian R1T R1S LIMESTONE R1T Photos IMG-1718

Nikon DSLR
Rivian R1T R1S LIMESTONE R1T Photos DSC_0094_DSLR

Sponsored

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
ok. here is the same truck, on the same day, taken with my iphone and my nikon DSLR.

so my iphone pic lines up with most of the pics we've been seeing online. my nikon pic is much closer to what i saw in person. its close to a neutral grey but if i had to lean one way i'd say its more hint of blue than hint of green. i think that comes across in the photo and in person.

its definitely not the bleached blue tone that some pics have been showing.

verdict? still not sure even after seeing it. don't hate it but dont love it either.

iphone
IMG-1718.jpg

Nikon DSLR
DSC_0094_DSLR.jpg
This is great info! Looks like Ford Fighter Jet Grey might be a close analog.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This is great info! Looks like Ford Fighter Jet Grey might be a close analog.
It's great to see all theses photos and I still need to see it in person, but as much as I think it's a cool color - I'm not sure long term how I'm going to feel. My girlfriend loves it. I like unique colors, but not sure...

The reality is other Rivian colors look mostly great no matter how much your white balance is off or if it's your phone or a DSLR. You have to be ready that most people's pictures of your truck will not be perfectly color temperature balanced and in studio lighting conditions. If you are worried about having an egg shell blue truck, well it's going to look that way in pictures sometimes.

I officially moved my configuration back to Forest Green. It will take an in person viewing with Limestone to change my mind if it's going to change.

(this morning I was so frustrated looking at the different colors I almost put my configuration to White)

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
It's great to see all theses photos and I still need to see it in person, but as much as I think it's a cool color - I'm not sure long term how I'm going to feel. My girlfriend loves it. I like unique colors, but not sure...

The reality is other Rivian colors look mostly great no matter how much your white balance is off or if it's your phone or a DSLR. You have to be ready that most people's pictures of your truck will not be perfectly color temperature balanced and in studio lighting conditions. If you are worried about having an egg shell blue truck, well it's going to look that way in pictures sometimes.

I officially moved my configuration back to Forest Green. It will take an in person viewing with Limestone to change my mind if it's going to change.

(this morning I was so frustrated looking at the different colors I almost put my configuration to White)
Funnily enough I have thought the same thing- do I want a truck that looks like a robins egg in pictures?

I have also switched my config back to FG.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Funnily enough I have thought the same thing- do I want a truck that looks like a robins egg in pictures?

I have also switched my config back to FG.
I can’t bring myself to get a boring black, silver, gray car again on such a cool new vehicle. I have a silver Tesla and it’s aged well but I told myself whatever cars I get next will have real colors. I grew up in a time when dealer lots had red, green, brown, yellow, orange cars etc. it was more fun.

FG is a little more metallic than I usually like, but I think it will age well and it seems to look great in all the lighting conditions I have seen. I saw it in person at the original Venice hub opening and liked it.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Too much cell phone camera "magic".

All I would care about is how it looks in person.
Sponsored