E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
TRX and Raptor look like beasts. R1T looks like the Ford Explorer Sport Trac :(
And yet, the R1T came out on top. Moral here? Don't judge by looks. Usually the plain types tend to out do that which looks over hyped. ;)

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
I'm fine not driving around the steroids-riddled version of a pickup. The styling of most modern pickups is specifically designed to elicit all the tiniest erections.

Sponsored

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer/Retired Military
VERY impressive! I'd love to see them to this again once they get their hands on a Raptor R. Can't wait to see how that R1T preforms against the V8 monstrosity. Good to see that the Rivian does live up to the 0-60 3 sec rep on 21/22's
I too am looking forward to seeing how the Raptor R performs but I think we've already seen how the R1T stacks up against "V8 monstrosity". The TRX Hellcat engine is a BEAST and, as a former Hellcat Challenger owner, I appreciate what it can do and would love to have one. I just couldn't justify that vehicle price then still only get 12 MPG at ~$5/gallon.

I suspect the performance of the RR will be pretty darn close to the TRX but both will still be watching the R1T's tail lights. Either way, it'll be fun to watch!

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

TRX and Raptor look like beasts. R1T looks like the Ford Explorer Sport Trac :(
This is definitely a mix of several expressions but mostly
  • Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
  • One person’s meat is another person’s poison.
I don’t want a beast. I’ve always liked vehicles with great performance which attract as little attention as possible. Other folks want something as showy as possible. As long as we’re buying what will make us happy it’s the right choice.

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
This is definitely a mix of several expressions but mostly
  • Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
  • One person’s meat is another person’s poison.
I don’t want a beast. I’ve always liked vehicles with great performance which attract as little attention as possible. Other folks want something as showy as possible. As long as we’re buying what will make us happy it’s the right choice.
Well if you want speed performance you go with Rivian. If you want something that looks hot, you go for TRX.

Kind of like shoes, if you want something that is comfortable while running you go with Asics or Saucony. If you want shoes that look hot while running you go with Nike's or Air Jordans :)

By the way I have a RS1 on order.......

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Am I the only person that doesn't care about straight line speed? All EVs are super fast and super reliable to the point where these things really don't matter anymore. I just want better ergonomics, build quality, and suspension refinement than my Tesla with comparable ADAS and charging performance. I have no interest in roasting my expensive tires at every stop light.
I bet you’re fun at parties :)

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Don't give said teenager the keys (or key card or wristband) :p

But on a serious note, why would you ever allow said teenager to drive a $90K+ vehicle?
Because it will be a 10+ year old beater worth at most $10,000 by the time my oldest child gets a learning permit. It won't be valuable, but it will still be stupid fast.

So +1 on teenager mode with password protected, user defined, top speed and max acceleration. Including such a feature should be a legal requirement for EVs. The roads are going to be a very scary place when 16 yr olds can buy an old beat up plaid Model S for $10,000.

Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Well if you want speed performance you go with Rivian. If you want something that looks hot, you go for TRX.
I agree with your first sentence and disagree with the second because there’s a difference between objective and subjective.

Speed, performance, payload, clearance, grill size, number of clearance lights, etc. are all objective. Any two people using the same tools and the same conditions should come to the same conclusion. We can agree objectively that the TRX has a larger grill.

Looks, on the other hand, are subjective. You may think think that the larger grill is hot while I think it’s… not. We’re both right.

Different people like different things when it comes to aesthetics which makes the world more interesting. But I never think that just because I like the way something looks means that everyone will like the way it looks.

raschnei

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mustang Mach E GT (Wife’s), Chevy Bolt, ETC.
That's pretty funny. I bought one of the first Syclones when they came out and now about to one of the first Rivians. I guess I like fast trucks. The Syclone was so fun in its day at stop lights, especially with motorcycles! No one knew what it was!
I bought a Typhoon when they first came out.
I was pretty cool. ?

Churrodecoco

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi eTron
Occupation
IT Manager
Clubs

Am I the only person that doesn't care about straight line speed? All EVs are super fast and super reliable to the point where these things really don't matter anymore. I just want better ergonomics, build quality, and suspension refinement than my Tesla with comparable ADAS and charging performance. I have no interest in roasting my expensive tires at every stop light.
Probably.