RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

I really hope this is just some kind of odd exposure or missed auto-white balance. Also who took this pic? Is it some non-Rivian aware normie? I can't imagine anyone even moderately informed about Rivian, seeing what might possibly be limestone and only taking one pic of it. It's a literal unicorn. ANYONE with even a slight interest would know to take a shitload of images, ALL the images, to be the first person to actually provide the community real evidence of this color. Where are the rest of the images?

As it stands if it's this kind of a light/soft blue, I am no longer interested in it, I actually think it's kind of awful. I hope it's just a bad color-balanced image. I'd really love a nice flat grey for this truck, but not this powder blue tuxedo color.
Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

if there's anything easy to update you'd think its the rendered images on the configurator but nope. not a priority for Rivian.
I really hope this is just some kind of odd exposure or missed auto-white balance. Also who took this pic? Is it some non-Rivian aware normie? I can't imagine anyone even moderately informed about Rivian, seeing what might possibly be limestone and only taking one pic of it. It's a literal unicorn. ANYONE with even a slight interest would know to take a shitload of images, ALL the images, to be the first person to actually provide the community real evidence of this color. Where are the rest of the images?

As it stands if it's this kind of a light/soft blue, I am no longer interested in it, I actually think it's kind of awful. I hope it's just a bad color-balanced image. I'd really love a nice flat grey for this truck, but not this powder blue tuxedo color.
agree that if it is indeed a light blue its disappointing because really was expecting a nardo grey. on one hand i can see why they decided to go hint of blue instead of hint of green because they have no blueish color and they have both LG and FG.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
if there's anything easy to update you'd think its the rendered images on the configurator but nope. not a priority for Rivian.

agree that if it is indeed a light blue its disappointing because really was expecting a nardo grey. on one hand i can see why they decided to go hint of blue instead of hint of green because they have no blueish color and they have both LG and FG.
It is not light blue. It’s grey with blue-green undertones.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

It is not light blue. It’s grey with blue-green undertones.
im just reiterating how Rivian decribed it on their website. "the neutral grey has a hint of green accentuated by fine flakes that are reminiscent of limestone’s mineral composition"

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

And now it's official.

Limestone Rivian R1T color 4.jpeg
Limestone Rivian R1T color 2.jpeg
Limestone Rivian R1T color 1.jpeg
Limestone Rivian R1T color 3.jpeg

And in case you missed it, a real life photo posted by @cjones1130 yesterday:

screenshot_20220321-204018_chrome-jpg.jpg
i think Rivian quickly put that photo op together because of all the fervor that user pic from Utah generated. they could have gotten out in front of this by just releasing real photos in the first place or at least having a real one at the Venice Hub or other test drive instead of that hack photoshop job they released on the website a little while ago.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I don't like the actual version as much as I thought I would, so I had basically eliminated it as an option. Then I showed it to my wife and she likes it.

So obviously now I have to get it, but it's such a light shade I don't think it will look good at all with OC. So that means I'm either locked into FE and an extra couple grand or going with a black leatherette interior in the southeastern US with a glass roof.

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

not trying to be snarky but i dont get the interior doesnt go well with the exterior. when youre outside you really only see the paint. when youre inside you really only see the interior colors. if you like Limestone and OC why not just go with both?

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

not trying to be snarky but i dont get the interior doesnt go well with the exterior. when youre outside you really only see the paint. when youre inside you really only see the interior colors. if you like Limestone and OC why not just go with both?
Different strokes for different folks but personally I like to have some contrast between the interior color and exterior. For my taste, I expect Limestone + OC will be a very monochrome look, which does not appeal to me.

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra
I don't like the actual version as much as I thought I would, so I had basically eliminated it as an option. Then I showed it to my wife and she likes it.

So obviously now I have to get it, but it's such a light shade I don't think it will look good at all with OC. So that means I'm either locked into FE and an extra couple grand or going with a black leatherette interior in the southeastern US with a glass roof.
I am with you. I really want to like it but then see another pic where Limestone looks SO baby blue. I did the same and my wife loves it. It should pair phenomenally with OC but the whole ensemble would be to feminine for my taste.

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
We are sticking with Limestone. My wife (R1S will be hers) has been going back and fourth, because we have been comparing it to the various Subarus and Toyotas that we see in similiar colors. To her, the Sube looks a little too blue and the Toyota looks too green, but she really likes the pictures of the R1T in Limestone that came out yesterday. Hopefully my neighbor will bring home a Limestone R1T or R1S soon, so we can really see it in person. So far he has brought home various zebra print R1S's / R1T's. Silver, Blue, Compass yellow and Green versions of the R1T's.

Vserra

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10 Outback, '19 CX-9
Occupation
Attorney
I don't know, this is actually kind of wild. If this is indeed what they are calling Limestone, why haven't they adjusted the configurator to match? These aren't even close.

If this is limestone I am locked in on Forest Green and walking away from the color configurator for good*.

Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 7.20.48 PM.png
277096122_10159738671901877_2884281229069723451_n.jpg

(*not really, I've still got a few months to waffle)
With you 100%
Sponsored