Sponsored

FOREST GREEN R1T Photos

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
After jumping around a lot in terms of color choices, mostly between LG, FG, ECG and occasionally LAS, I'm all in on Forest Green. Not only is the color itself gorgeous but it also pairs exceptionally well with Ocean Coast, and that's key. We're not getting one color, we're getting two and how they complement each other is crucial, IMO.
I can see it going down hwy 1
Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos 1647820616785
]
Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Side by side, there’s a clear winner between the greens (taken from Reddit):

FD85586A-AA96-472D-8F52-D7CC741D2AA7.jpeg
Long term, I think I'll like the Forest Green better than the other colors so I'm still configured for it. I can't bring myself to buy a another shade of gray car, yellow and red are heinous and white looks good but it's kind of a cop out.

I've got time until my truck is built, but I've seen every color in person except limestone and unless that's a really killer color, I'm sticking with FG.

Although when I test drove the blue truck it really looked good in my driveway.... No no, green it is.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
A lot of recent converts.. like me ;)

My wife wasn't thrilled cause she liked LA Silver... here's how that conversation went...
[me] I'm switching to Forest Green (proceed to show photos I've saved of FG R1T's)
[her] You're getting a green truck?
[me] Yes, it's beautiful isn't it?
[her] Whatever, it's your truck...
[her] Um, the washing machine won't turn on, can you look at it? .. and dinner will be ready in 5 min..

So, that's a win right guys? :whew:

Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
A lot of recent converts.. like me ;)

My wife wasn't thrilled cause she liked LA Silver... here's how that conversation went...
[me] I'm switching to Forest Green (proceed to show photos I've saved of FG R1T's)
[her] You're getting a green truck?
[me] Yes, it's beautiful isn't it?
[her] Whatever, it's your truck...
[her] Um, the washing machine won't turn on, can you look at it? .. and dinner will be ready in 5 min..

So, that's a win right guys? :whew:
Assuming you got the washing machine going, yes, that’s a win in my books. ?

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Saw a 4runner today with their version of FG and it had a matte treatment on it.

Man I tell you that was a gooooooooood looking color.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I'm not sure how to mentally process a highly metallic paint with a matte finish. ?
I've seen it done enough times but for my money I wouldn't pay extra for FG just to have the matte effect take away from the complexity of the look.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I was originally dead set on FG, but I just know I'm going to scratch it and it's going to stand out like a wart every time I look at it. Now I'm debating RB or RC.

Sponsored

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I was originally dead set on FG, but I just know I'm going to scratch it and it's going to stand out like a wart every time I look at it. Now I'm debating RB or RC.
Agree it’s susceptible to scratching not sure how much more or less than blue or red. Luckily in my case, between state and federal incentives the cost of wrapping will be covered.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Agree it’s susceptible to scratching not sure how much more or less than blue or red. Luckily in my case, between state and federal incentives the cost of wrapping will be covered.
I don't think it will be more susceptible, but being dark means it will stand out more. Red might be similar though. This is the first vehicle I am considering PPF, at least from the doors forward, and maybe tailgate. At that point I am approaching most of the truck. It's a slippery slope.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I don't think it will be more susceptible, but being dark means it will stand out more. Red might be similar though. This is the first vehicle I am considering PPF, at least from the doors forward, and maybe tailgate. At that point I am approaching most of the truck. It's a slippery slope.

Poorly worded but I'd think the Red and Blue would be fairly similar in seeing imperfections from a far. With the metal flake in everything LA Silver seems to me to be the "safer" color if the concern is not having visible imperfections.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Poorly worded but I'd think the Red and Blue would be fairly similar in seeing imperfections from a far. With the metal flake in everything LA Silver seems to me to be the "safer" color if the concern is not having visible imperfections.
You are right that would be safe, but I am tired of being safe with colors, last 4 vehicles have been silver. I guess it's a calculated risk. Like I said PPF is definitely something I am considering.
Sponsored