R1S Deliveries?

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
I’d love an owner’s manual PDF with R1S info added. Also nice to have: comprehensive dimensions, including legroom range for the second row if it moves forward/aft. I don’t need anything formal or fancy. Just post on the Rivian.com site and send an email to us that says something about more information and a link.
Or instead of yet another video of the R1T in some scenic vista, how about a short video of Gideon sitting in every seat of an R1S? Cheaper and more impactful.
Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I thought I read that R1S deliveries were to begin in June. Is that incorrect? I’m an August 2020 preorder with an Oct - Dec 2022 delivery window so I hope they start delivering in March - April. Will hopefully mean I get mine before Dec.
I was told in the last two weeks that they are targeting May for my May-June R1S window. But I’m not counting on that!

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

I’d love an owner’s manual PDF with R1S info added. Also nice to have: comprehensive dimensions, including legroom range for the second row if it moves forward/aft. I don’t need anything formal or fancy. Just post on the Rivian.com site and send an email to us that says something about more information and a link.
I asked for dimensions and such a while ago. Here is a post with CS's response: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...ing-the-5-seat-configuration.2205/#post-59552

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
The R1S is about as illusive as Limestone … often pondered but never* spied.

Edit : *Rarely

Last edited:

FullNelsonAZ

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Suburban, Chevy Spark EV, Cadillac XT4
CS mentioned in an email response to me that R1S production ramps in June. I currently have a May/June delivery window. Guessing it will be delayed but who knows…

Sponsored

tnawara

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance 2022

tnawara

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not that I’m holding my breath, but I am a Nov 29, 2018 R1S LE reservation holder who was told by CS last week that my delivery window was not just Mar/Apr, but by Mar 31, 2022. Granted, they said that before the rollercoaster of the past week.

tnawara

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm in same boat @jtshaw - Oct'17 pre-order. LE R1S LG - OC interior - March/April delivery. No word at all yet.
I expect this was a typo, but an Oct 2017 preorder sounds like it is ~13 months before Rivian started taking reservations

Reactions: Rad

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Not that I’m holding my breath, but I am a Nov 29, 2018 R1S LE reservation holder who was told by CS last week that my delivery window was not just Mar/Apr, but by Mar 31, 2022. Granted, they said that before the rollercoaster of the past week.
I really hope you take delivery by the end of this month - good luck. All I want to see is space in the third row (legroom specifically) and the cargo area.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

I was told in the last two weeks that they are targeting May for my May-June R1S window. But I’m not counting on that!
Maybe they will reverse the interior order batches.

BM - OC - FE. For the March April folks. Then FE - OC - BM for the May June.

Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
does yours look anything like one of these?

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Deliveries? 1646545334948

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Yes the things that drive people to place a preorder have been addressed with the R1T reviews (driving mechanics etc). The smaller details that haven't been covered (liftgate, tailgate, third row, etc) are things that matter to people who already preordered one but not so much to the general public.

I don't know that anybody is sitting around waiting to put their $1,000 down until they see what the 3rd row looks like.
its one thing to not have press type stuff for the R1S but if deliveries have started or are about to, you'd think they would share more details about it and have some activity. like a manual and some people doing test drives but theres been nada.

carcrazydoc

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 991.2 GTS, 2018 E63s wagon, 2016 Cayenne GTS
Occupation
emergency physician
Received an email a little while back about April/May 2022 delivery for my LE R1S. Per chat with CS on March 1 (my contacting them), Rivian CS stated same delivery window. Configuration currently is LE Midnight / Black Mountain, 22" sport bright wheels, tow hooks, mats, field kit and wall charger. Been toying with interior change to Ocean Coast but still leaning toward BM.

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
I just want to see them build one in each color and put out real pics. It’s not that hard.

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
I expect this was a typo, but an Oct 2017 preorder sounds like it is ~13 months before Rivian started taking reservations
You are correct sir. Typo Oct 2018 :)
Sponsored