First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
That yellow keeps growing on me, but I still can't see myself driving a yellow truck...

KickRocksRiv

First Name
Westly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Don’t worry about it sweetheart
From the Normal plant. Taken by Chaitanya Shay Myneni

Yellow R1T pickup normal police.jpg

Blue R1T pickup normal police.jpg
This yellow looks a whole lot more yellow then what they posted on Instagram. I has hoping for it to be a little more mustardy. This pic has it looking more school bus yellow. That blue it looking right as rain tho!

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
I really like the blue with those wheels. Definitely between blue and white for me. Although yellow is tempting, I don’t see me driving a bright yellow vehicle.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
This yellow looks a whole lot more yellow then what they posted on Instagram. I has hoping for it to be a little more mustardy. This pic has it looking more school bus yellow. That blue it looking right as rain tho!
Yeah, looking a lot more "safety yellow" than "honey gold" as in the earlier pics. It could just be differences in lighting but I think they may have received too much feedback involving comparisons with baby diapers and tweaked the color. Looks better either way.

I like it today but afraid I might grow tired of it after 6-12 months of ownership.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Interesting that these vehicles still don't match expected production spec - they still have the charge port on the front passenger/right side and the rear door window still has the fixed pane. Guess these are still some of the older prototypes and not something coming off the new pilot line.

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Interesting that these vehicles still don't match expected production spec - they still have the charge port on the front passenger/right side and the rear door window still has the fixed pane. Guess these are still some of the older prototypes and not something coming off the new pilot line.
Is that a fact that they planned to have those two areas improved?

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Which will be the prod yellow?

Rivian R1T R1S Yellow and Blue R1T promotional shoot with Normal Police 20200812_122910

Rivian R1T R1S Yellow and Blue R1T promotional shoot with Normal Police 20200812_122925

Rivian R1T R1S Yellow and Blue R1T promotional shoot with Normal Police 20200812_122942

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Is that a fact that they planned to have those two areas improved?
Yes - but of course everything is still subject to change. Rivian has stated that the rear door will have a single glass pane that rolls down instead of the split window of the early prototypes. They have also stated that the charge port would be on the driver's side.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I went back & noticed the color difference in the yellows too. New one looks much better IMO.

Pretty sure it's not just lighting.

Rivian R1T R1S Yellow and Blue R1T promotional shoot with Normal Police IMG_20200812_091745

Rivian R1T R1S Yellow and Blue R1T promotional shoot with Normal Police IMG_20200812_091729

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Yes - but of course everything is still subject to change. Rivian has stated that the rear door will have a single glass pane that rolls down instead of the split window of the early prototypes. They have also stated that the charge port would be on the driver's side.
Well definitely glad to hear about the window rolling down. Is there a significance for having the charger on the other side? New to BEV so I wouldn’t know.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
Which will be the prod yellow?
I would buy the bottom color, with a Taupe interior. Looks more like a dark shade of copper color to me.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Well definitely glad to hear about the window rolling down. Is there a significance for having the charger on the other side? New to BEV so I wouldn’t know.
At public charging station, probably not. Front vs rear would be more at play there.

For home charging, that will depend on where people have their EVSE installed along with where in the garage they park and which way the vehicle is oriented.

I park on the left side of our 2 car garage and I pull in so I would greatly prefer to have the charge port on the driver's side.
Sponsored