Sponsored

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Riv For The Win! I would like to see 60 to 0 emergency braking test distance…hopefully it’s nothing like the MS Plaid—horrible braking.
Sponsored

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Nice, cool to see it up against the Model Y Performance. I'd be curious what the drag race would look like with the Tesla on street tires and the Rivian not on AT's, but even with AT's and a road surface far from ideal it did great. Impressive

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Yet another YT video with loud, crappy generic background music on an endless loop.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Y-Performance on "snow tires" really undermines that result even with R1T on ATs. Don't get me wrong.... I loved it! :p
My Polestar 2 doesn't seem any slower to 60 with snow tires on unless the road is wet or I'm accelerating out of a corner. Having such fine grained torque control is amazing.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
This is also without any “launch mode.” The first owners manual for the R1T mentioned a “sport launch” mode. I suspect we will eventually see something like that via OTA update.

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I'd really like to see someone thrash the R1T around a track, because as good as it is 0-60 and in the 1/4 mile, I think it would be even more dominant on a hot lap due to the incredible suspension. It might not even be worth putting the track times up against a TRX, but it would be interesting to see it compared against, say, a C8 Corvette or Porche 911.

3l3c7r1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, 2012 Honda CR-V
Nice, cool to see it up against the Model Y Performance. I'd be curious what the drag race would look like with the Tesla on street tires and the Rivian not on AT's, but even with AT's and a road surface far from ideal it did great. Impressive
Tesla cars are now so overpriced for the car!

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Thumpin' the TRX was expected. But beating that Model Y (even with winter tires) was not. Tommy was even a little slow on the launch.

OK, now they've done the fun stuff, let get to that Super Ike test.

I'd also like to see them repeat the tow test they did with the VW ID4. In that test, they pulled a small adventure trailer from Boulder to Dillon, CO. Then drove it back. It gave a great impression of what that vehicle could do. I'd love to see that with the R1T.

Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I would love to see the owner's face when Tommy went off road on sport mode with his new $80K toy. Tommy's face was a great indication of how much momentum a 7000 lb vehicle send to the breaks to deal with at that speed.

Is it sad that this makes me want the TRX a little more man that truck looks good.
I was thinking the same especially having towing in mind then I saw this:

TRX MPG: 10 city / 14 highway

My prediction is that the R1T with the 22" performance tires on a proper track surface and preconditioned battery will actually see a sub 3 second 0-60MPH, might be after a OTA update to optimize a bit. Either way it's a party trick and 2.9 seconds or 3.2 seconds is equally impressive for my purposes the only difference is bragging rights.
Absolutely. In fact I am fairly sure R1T can hit 0-60 of 2.74 second and it would not be the first truck that has achieved it:

Rivian R1T R1S Drag Races: Rivian R1T vs Ram TRX and Model Y Performance 1642608401441

JeremyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4runner, BMW I3, preordered R1S
Occupation
Engineer
I wonder if Roman's passive aggressive bashing of the Rivian will continue through the whole week of testing. I'm curious what trail they will do in Moab.

Rad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 and 2004 MDX, 2016 Jeep JK
Hopefully there are a variety of trails. I wish they would have taken the R1T on something a bit more challenging when they were in Breckenridge (the road they were on is tame compared to what some people are hoping the truck is capable of).

I wonder if Roman's passive aggressive bashing of the Rivian will continue through the whole week of testing. I'm curious what trail they will do in Moab.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

That's always been his schtick during a drag race.
Sponsored