Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
MTB, do you have an R1s or an R1t res? Just asking because while the 400 mi range R1s would be awesome from me, I am just not sure if Rivian will ever build it. They seem to be having less competition in the 3 row SUV space than Truck space. . . . .

I went and priced out a hybrid highlander but with all the dealer markups after tax incentive it was only like 7,000 US cheaper than a Rivian. In which case it is a no brainer to wait for a Rivian. BUT that hybrid does get 600 mi of range (!).

This matters for me because this winter I am driving about 240 mi each way most weekends from Long Island to Gore Mountain in the ADKs.
R1T, after all there is no bigger battery for R1S.

Looked at a map, seems like charging around Albany would be a decent stop, no?

with a hybrid range doesn’t matter, you can get gas anywhere, without worrying if the pumps will dispense.
Sponsored

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
R1T, after all there is no bigger battery for R1S.

Looked at a map, seems like charging around Albany would be a decent stop, no?

with a hybrid range doesn’t matter, you can get gas anywhere, without worrying if the pumps will dispense.
Yes, one thing NY is good about is charging stations. There is a state program (funded by the VW emissions scandal) that has put and will put additional high speed charges, so stopping should not be an issue.

Max pack would likely guarantee that I would not have to stop. We have just started the drive this season and it has been about 3:45-4 hours with no stop on about 240 miles (almost all highway). Not excessive speeding.

R1Tr8000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘99 SLK230, 22 Sequoia, 17 GLE43, 14 CnAm SxS
Occupation
Aerospace retired
Same, need Max Pack to have any chance of towing realistically.

Also Silverado EV (2 reservations); 2 other EV res; a Sierra AT4X; eyeing another large hybrid SUV; and looking at existing ICE large SUV now to get by approx 2 years..3 yrs? IDK.

paco180

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
same here need 400+ range Minimum. I have this and cybertruk on order. Who ever can deliver first, got my $.

Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Me too, No Max...No Sale.

I have a First edition Silverado reservation just in case.
Seems to be a lot of people on the thread in the same boat. I have a Silverado EV reservation as well (not first edition). I fully intend to get the R1T, but cancelling the max pack (or a huge price increase) would definitely push me to the Silverado.

orionexp

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Adventure
Occupation
retired
I'm one of those screwed over people. I talked to CS last week about moving from a Max Pack to Launch Edition. She said 'no'. I then said at least offer me the free wheel upgrade. She's supposed to be getting back to me on that. I feel it's the least they can do. They should also move our delivery date as if we're Launch Edition holders.

I was the biggest Rivian advocate until this sudden max pack delay happened. Now I have a Silverado deposit and am thinking about dumping my RIVN shares. Still love the R1 designs and still want the truck, I just feel like the dicking around might never end.
Yeah, no way to go to launch edition. I'm still waiting to find out what changing config to Large will do for my Adventure pre-order. hoping for summer .. um late summer.. um early fall....

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Unless you have a crystal ball and know something I don’t.
Global Warming! In the next 18 months it will warm dramatically and you will no longer need the max pack. Also, your eyes are feeling very heavy... :CWL:

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Global Warming! In the next 18 months it will warm dramatically and you will no longer need the max pack. Also, your eyes are feeling very heavy... :CWL:
It was -30 when I was shoveling This morning, so I really hope it warms dramatically

Sponsored

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Yeah, no way to go to launch edition. I'm still waiting to find out what changing config to Large will do for my Adventure pre-order. hoping for summer .. um late summer.. um early fall....
I got this email from Rivian over the weekend. They're sticking to their guns with being as vague as possible.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T MAX PACK delivery update from customer service --  Q1 2023 Possible Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 11.34.25 AM

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I got this email from Rivian over the weekend. They're sticking to their guns with being as vague as possible.

Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 11.34.25 AM.png
It's a bit silly they haven't just had guides break up the work and reach out to those who pre-ordered early and are now choosing to switch to Large/Adventure to speed up delivery. I guess I don't know for sure how many people are impacted but I'd be surprised if it was a crazy high number. Rivian could just say 2H22 to all of them and call it a day, worst case its sooner which isn't going to be a bad thing.
Sponsored