Vehicles
Truck
November 2019 preorder.
Delivery estimate: July - Sept 22

White
adventure pack
black interior
21 wheels
literally no other options in attempt to not get pushed back further, guess that didn't work haha!

Considering my order date and the fact i'm in the LA area where lots of deliveries are already occuring i'm surprised there's so many other ahead of me. Oh well.

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

November 2019 preorder.
Delivery estimate: July - Sept 22

White
adventure pack
black interior
21 wheels
literally no other options in attempt to not get pushed back further, guess that didn't work haha!

Considering my order date and the fact i'm in the LA area where lots of deliveries are already occuring i'm surprised there's so many other ahead of me. Oh well.
That does seem odd. You preordered exactly 1 year before me, have a very similar configuration to mine (R1T, red canyon, adventure pack, BM interior, 21" wheels, San Diego) and have the same delivery window as I do.

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

First half of 2023
R1S Adventure - 7 seat - forest green
Denver, CO
September 21 preorder
This is me also besides the color and location.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
I wonder how much location and color play into this. I’ve got ahead and changed my color off of limestone and we’ll see when the tracker launches next year if that changes my window.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
@RivianNowPlz,
HAHA, I assume your joking or trolling or whatever.
Either way sorry to hear Rivian isn't meeting your expectations but GM has a better chance of going bankrupt before Rivian. Also you will not get a Hummer any faster unless MAYBE if you spend $40+K more, and those first editions are possibly sold out I have no idea.

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

utjohntara

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Volvo XC 60 Hybrid, 2011 GMC Sierra
Occupation
Entrepreneur
R1T Max Pack Adventure
Preorder May 2019 Houston
First half of 2023

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

@RivianNowPlz,
HAHA, I assume your joking or trolling or whatever.
Either way sorry to hear Rivian isn't meeting your expectations but GM has a better chance of going bankrupt before Rivian. Also you will not get a Hummer any faster unless MAYBE if you spend $40+K more, and those first editions are possibly sold out I have no idea.
"Screw these clowns, I'm going to put my trust into the company who had to literally be taken over by the federal government to prevent bankruptcy despite decades of enormous profits and favorable anti-competitive conditions!" is sort of a weird position IMO.

Also LOL at the idea you could put in a preorder for a Hummer today and get it before 2024.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Pre-ordered February 2021 - R1S Adventure Pack - Forest Green with OC - 22 Sport Brights
Your Adventure Package R1S estimated delivery window will be the first half of 2023.
Once again, a very vague timeline. This could be potentially January - July 2023.
I am personally on the fence if I would take delivery at this point for a lot of reasons,

The R1 vehicle platform as it stands is quite a bit outdated for a 2022 model, so it will be far behind once it gets delivered in Q2 of 2023 considering the competition would have heated up.
What kind of HW upgrades are they planning, and will these upgrades be applied for vehicles they produce later in 2022 and 2023?

The CPU/Infotainment as spec'd is already 2 years behind, can it handle any future SW and feature upgrades? How will it be spec'd when it gets released in 2023?

Are the cameras being upgraded or is what we are seeing is what is going be packaged in 2023? For me, the cameras in the R1 look low in quality. Is the fact that they have not included a drive recorder due to the limitation of HW processing in real time?

A basic Driver+ implementation, lack of 360-degree camera, drive recorder, more music playback choices. And more importantly what is the status of the RAN network in 2023? Are a couple of other aspects I will need to see significant upgrades.

What are my choices going to be for a 100K (CAD) BEV SUV in 2023?
Rivian has a steep hill to climb if they really want to be successful and competitive, going into 2023.

So personally, I would be keeping an eye out for a lot of upgrades before I decide to take delivery in 2023.

Last edited:

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Pre-ordered February 2021 - R1S Adventure Pack - Forest Green with OC - 22 Sport Brights
Your Adventure Package R1S estimated delivery window will be the first half of 2023.
Once again, a very vague timeline. This could be potentially June - July 2023.
I am personally on the fence if I would take delivery at this point for a lot of reasons,

The R1 vehicle platform as it stands is quite a bit outdated for a 2022 model, so it will be far behind once it gets delivered in Q2 of 2023 considering the competition would have heated up.
What kind of HW upgrades are they planning, and will these upgrades be applied for vehicles they produce later in 2022 and 2023?

The CPU/Infotainment as spec'd is already 2 years behind, can it handle any future SW and feature upgrades? How will it be spec'd when it gets released in 2023?

Are the cameras being upgraded or is what we are seeing is what is going be packaged in 2023? For me, the cameras in the R1 look low in quality. Is the fact that they have not included a drive recorder due to the limitation of HW processing in real time?

A basic Driver+ implementation, lack of 360-degree camera, drive recorder, more music playback choices. And more importantly what is the status of the RAN network in 2023? Are a couple of other aspects I will need to see significant upgrades.

What are my choices going to be for a 100K (CAD) BEV SUV in 2023?
Rivian has a steep hill to climb if they really want to be successful and competitive, going into 2023.

So personally, I would be keeping an eye out for a lot of upgrades before I decide to take delivery in 2023.
Your window is January to June, not July. As for hardware I am sure there will be some updates but it will be mainly software as with other EVs there are not multiple hardware updates each year
Sponsored