First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
Strange, I've never used my Tesla mobile charger, or my wife's Tesla mobile charger, but they are both likely 240 V with the adapter for 14/30 if not 14/50.

Since we're both long time EV people we've have 3 different EVSEs at home.
right they are 240v capable, but do not have the connection for it (14-50 plug) and you have to buy it from the Tesla store if you want it.
Sponsored

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I still think you're setting unfair expectations. My two most recent 3-row SUV family haulers don't have anything like that. And they're not outliers. But I guess some people just have different needs from their transportation.
1639408438367.png
I’m not asking for 19 cup holders. Two that are usable at all times would be sufficient, but apparently that’s an insane request ?

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
I take responsibility and apologize for the argument of the day regarding adequate cup holders. ?
Let's all just rejoice in the fact that we've narrowed down the list of complaints on a startup EV company's first product to include number and placement of cup holders.

We made it.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Let's all just rejoice in the fact that we've narrowed down the list of complaints on a startup EV company's first product to include number and placement of cup holders.

We made it.
Oh I have plenty of other complaints about Rivian's vehicles. The more I learn the more it seems Rivian has overlooked things that have come to be expected as a given in new SUVs and trucks: an integrated RF-based garage/gate opener, individual TPMS readouts, usable cup holders, CarPlay/AA, 360 camera views. I'm sure we'll discover more.

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Several more non-employee deliveries popping up on Reddit and Facebook.... I know there were a few before that were under the radar somewhat. Not everyone shares their lives online.

As for people complaining about Tesla not including the 14-50 plug with their mobile charger, they quit including it because they determined through car logs that over half of their customers were not using it. A significant number of Tesla owners are using the wall charger or comparable solution. And another portion of them are only using superchargers or public charging.

Tesla should do a better job at keeping the plug options available and in stock though. No reason every service center doesn't have a few in stock. And they're regularly out of stock online. But can usually be had in 7 to 10 days if you have it notify you of stock.

I get why they don't include it, but at the same time, was it really a problem to have it included?

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Oh I have plenty of other complaints about Rivian's vehicles. The more I learn the more it seems Rivian has overlooked things that have come to be expected as a given in new SUVs and trucks: an integrated RF-based garage/gate opener, individual TPMS readouts, usable cup holders, CarPlay/AA, 360 camera views. I'm sure we'll discover more.
You should tell Motortrend about all of your complaints.

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Rivian R1T R1S ? First non-Rivian employee delivery - to owner in NYC!! [Updated with Owner's Q&A, Info, Feedback] 1639414144521

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
If you want to be a fanboy go right ahead. I'm going to be critical of Rivian when they misstep, especially after having a pre-order in for this long and realizing how many little issues are piling up against using the truck day-to-day.

Universal praise is silly.

Sponsored

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
If you want to be a fanboy go right ahead. I'm going to be critical of Rivian when they misstep, especially after having a pre-order in for this long and realizing how many little issues are piling up against using the truck day-to-day.

Universal praise is silly.
Being critical of someone not delivering you something they never said they would is crazy. You have every right to not like it, and feel that it doesn't live up to your expectations. But be classy about it and just go your own way. It's like waiting for your prom date at the bottom of the stairs, only to finally see her and say "eww, that's it after taking two hours to get ready?".

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Being critical of someone not delivering you something they never said they would is crazy. You have every right to not like it, and feel that it doesn't live up to your expectations. But be classy about it and just go your own way. It's like waiting for your prom date at the bottom of the stairs, only to finally see her and say "eww, that's it after taking two hours to get ready?".
Classy? What was "unclassy" about my post?

You replied with the Simpsons "old man yells at cloud" meme. Is that classy?

StarTrekNerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Medical Clerk
right they are 240v capable, but do not have the connection for it (14-50 plug) and you have to buy it from the Tesla store if you want it.
I suppose that makes sense, why produce something not everyone will use. Prevents waste.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Winning an award doesn't mean it's a perfect vehicle, especially because journalists aren't living with it long-term and using it day-to-day. This is basic stuff that's needed for everyday use.
Sure, carplay/aa is a decent-sized miss. Plenty of discussion on that. But non-big-gulp cupholders? Lack of integrated garage door opening? Who the hell cares? I'm happy to discuss the quibbles but it's like you've compiled a list of every miss ever mentioned in otherwise sterling reviews and are presenting them as a big deal. Sorry, but it reeks of butthurt Tesla fanboy and there's enough of that going on everywhere else. Not feeling it here on an enthusiast site.

If one of the non-trivial issues, or the freaking cupholders, is a legit deal breaker for you, I'm sure there's a thread for that. But I don't believe you don't want one because of the garage door opener. If you don't have a legit interest in these trucks, kindly move on.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Oh wow, maybe production is ahead of schedule? Wonder if anyone here will have a DEC/Jan delivery. This is exciting.
Sponsored