Sponsored

Anyone else not a fan of the seat design?

tomi_b

First Name
Tomi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru XV
I like the design of the seats. Seems they will be "airy". However I'd really like to see some feature with the rear seats like the Honda Civic have. https://cdn.filestackcontent.com/re.../output=format:pjpg,q:75/dwm0to05QHyp8vfkJOK4 I'm planning to have this as a company vehicle so I need the capability to transport more stuff. This would free up the whole rear seat to be used as storage without the risk of damaging the upholstery. Or a dog cage for that mater. Having my dog free to roam about in the car is a very bad idea, especially if there is an accident.

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
Are kick backs in line for future scandals?
I wasn't implying kick backs. I was speculating more along the lines of whether Hyundai Transys has an edge in engineering and manufacturing seats. Their website suggests a lot of research in things such as materials and construction techniques. They also have manufacturing facilities in the U.S.

Dav8or

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 eco diesel
Anyone know if the backseats stow for more interior storage?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

Sponsored

brianmartin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Camaro 2.0t
for what its worth, I feel like Kia has some of the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in, especially in the last couple years. They don't LOOK that great, but they definitely feel great. My moms '18 Soul is just incredibly comfortable.
I'm not sure if they use the same supplier, this "hyundai transys company". But yea, its definitely one of the most important aspects of a vehicle, and a weird feeling or uncomfortable seat could totally ruin the launch of this vehicle. I think they are well aware of that and it sounds like they have someone on board who knows that as well...

jimrichard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Toyota Tundra, 2017 Infiniti Q50
Occupation
Self
So glad to hear they may not be the production seats. I really do not like the look they need to do better. And why we are at it I really do hope the wood trim on the dash is another option and not standard as I don't like it either. Saw some pictures of that aspect in white and it looked so much better to me. Work it out Rivian we are so looking forward to this vehicle.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
So glad to hear they may not be the production seats. I really do not like the look they need to do better. And why we are at it I really do hope the wood trim on the dash is another option and not standard as I don't like it either. Saw some pictures of that aspect in white and it looked so much better to me. Work it out Rivian we are so looking forward to this vehicle.
Remains to be seen what the production seats will looks like but the following color combos is all that will be offered. I recently inquired about swapping the wood trim from the Lunar Rock interior into the Black Mountain interior in place of the darker wood and was told that would not be possible.

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone else not a fan of the seat design? szSHUh1

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Remains to be seen what the production seats will looks like but the following color combos is all that will be offered. I recently inquired about swapping the wood trim from the Lunar Rock interior into the Black Mountain interior in place of the darker wood and was told that would not be possible.

szSHUh1.jpg
I wish the wood from Forest Edge was available in Black Mountain. I think it would be just enough contrast & that the darker grain/pattern would look great with the dark interior.

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
Marine grade material that is used in boats will be available in the Bronco. They look quit hardy.

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone else not a fan of the seat design? 1595290026655

Sponsored

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
My principal concern with seats is comfort, so I won't know if I like them until I have some seat time.

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
My principal concern with seats is comfort, so I won't know if I like them until I have some seat time.
Very true. If I manage to get an early order in I will have no chance in hell of sitting in one unless Rivian allows test drives at their proving ground in AZ.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Marine grade material that is used in boats will be available in the Bronco. They look quit hardy.

1595290026655.png
I do like the look of the Bronco seats, and interior in general.

Count me out on "marine grade" if it's the same stuff they use to upholster pleasure boats that cracks & splits after only a couple years.

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
I do like the look of the Bronco seats, and interior in general.

Count me out on "marine grade" if it's the same stuff they use to upholster pleasure boats that cracks & splits after only a couple years.
You must be referencing Bayliners. You also must know the two best days of a boat owner.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You must be referencing Bayliners. You also must know the two best days of a boat owner.
It's better to have friends with boats! A good friend has a wakeboard boat that cost more than a Rivian & has cracks/splits after just a couple years...takes great care of it too.
Sponsored