Sponsored

Any Rivian deliveries to non-employees yet?

jmo1979

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner and Land Cruiser
First time posting, so apologies if it's already been mentioned. Launch Edition holder, patiently waiting for my March/April delivery. Do we know if any non-employees have received their truck yet? Seems all Instagram posts have been from employees. Is that correct? If so is this a way to test the truck for bugs, report back, then make the corrections before the ramp up in production in January/February? Also wonder if in fact only employees have received delivery that the MSRP might push upwards given, demand, inflations, parts, etc..

Thoughts?
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
We get conflicting info. The S-1 stated almost all deliveries went to employees. So you'd assume some went to critical early investors. We've only seen deliveries to employees or people adjacent to employees as well. But we've also heard from delivery staff that they've delivered to non-employees. Which could be consistent with early investors/employee adjacent people.

We should see people on this forum get theirs in January/Feb assuming no further delays for them.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
Also wonder if in fact only employees have received delivery that the MSRP might push upwards given, demand, inflations, parts, etc..

Thoughts?
My thoughts are there'll be a lot of unhappy folks, close to 100%, if the MSRP is increased on existing pre-orders. The question would then be, whether there'll be many cancellations, or not. I suspect they won't increase prices, as they've had 3 years to make it known. It also wasn't mentioned in their S-1 filing. I'm not inclined to pay more, mainly because I wouldn't view Rivian in the same light as previously.

xyskis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 4Runner, Sprinter
Occupation
Surgeon, engineer
My thoughts are there'll be a lot of unhappy folks, close to 100%, if the MSRP is increased on existing pre-orders. The question would then be, whether there'll be many cancellations, or not. I suspect they won't increase prices, as they've had 3 years to make it known. It also wasn't mentioned in their S-1 filing. I'm not inclined to pay more, mainly because I wouldn't view Rivian in the same light as previously.
Also, consider even a $2k/reservation increase in price. There are only 50k early reservation holders. They’ve probably spent more money on ups overnight shipping on swag bags… wouldn’t imagine they’d shoot themselves in the foot like this in the setting of delays and a critical ramp.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

TheSasquatch

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
IT Consulting
Allow me to spread gossip (and as one of 'The Bobs' said on Office Space - "Believe me.. this IS just hypothetical")..
According to Spike Feresten (Spike's Car Radio Podcast), Rivian approached him at the Malibu Cars & Coffee a few weeks ago and offered him a Rivian (for purchase from what he says on the podcast) by the end of December. This would qualify as a non-employee delivery. So.. it does sound like they will be delivering to "special guests / special consideration" individuals in the coming weeks. So possibly they ARE over-stating the delay to be safe and make everyone pleasantly surprised..
Sponsored