First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PT Cruiser, Ford Edge
Occupation
School Bus Driver
Greetings. In a chat just now, the CS agent indicated they are adding a estimated time of delivery feature to the configuration tool by the end of the year…
S[=0===0=]N
?
Sponsored

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Just reading the posts on production delays, anticipated delivery dates, and competitive pressures, I am tempted to distill it all down to a gut reaction “Something got to change”. Silence is bearable for only so long. Where is the road map out? When is RJ going to go public? LE people like to plan ahead, and when there are unanticipated delays may shift direction and through necessity or choice make new plans — but some like me don’t want to lose out on owning a Rivian, period! So, beat the drums for answers!!

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Just reading the posts on production delays, anticipated delivery dates, and competitive pressures, I am tempted to distill it all down to a gut reaction “Something got to change”. Silence is bearable for only so long. Where is the road map out? When is RJ going to go public? LE people like to plan ahead, and when there are unanticipated delays may shift direction and through necessity or choice make new plans — but some like me don’t want to lose out on owning a Rivian, period! So, beat the drums for answers!!
As of now, they are still saying they will let everyone know by end of the month. So, we can withhold the drum beating for another week or so. There's still no reason to expect any further delays for production as a whole, which was for LE to be completed 1H of 2022. Our hearts go out to the 6 or 7 people that were guinea pigs and were told Oct/Nov, but that's a completely separate issue that has nothing to do with the big picture.

It seems as though they've been running a million iterations of how that all plays out at a micro level (config, order date, location, etc.) without necessarily changing anything at the macro level. The analysts are likely running scenarios to maximize the number of trucks per shipment, because they clearly do not want to be sending single truck deliveries all over the place. I can imagine many have had psychotic breakdowns as they watch thousands of configurations change on the fly while trying to do this (they should have locked these down for everyone a month ago), in addition to digesting updates on construction progress at numerous service centers that shift the goalposts.

Acon

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Just got this in an email: ""Your Launch Edition R1S delivery window is now June - July 2022."

Dubs

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX460
As of now, they are still saying they will let everyone know by end of the month. So, we can withhold the drum beating for another week or so. There's still no reason to expect any further delays for production as a whole, which was for LE to be completed 1H of 2022. Our hearts go out to the 6 or 7 people that were guinea pigs and were told Oct/Nov, but that's a completely separate issue that has nothing to do with the big picture.

It seems as though they've been running a million iterations of how that all plays out at a micro level (config, order date, location, etc.) without necessarily changing anything at the macro level. The analysts are likely running scenarios to maximize the number of trucks per shipment, because they clearly do not want to be sending single truck deliveries all over the place. I can imagine many have had psychotic breakdowns as they watch thousands of configurations change on the fly while trying to do this (they should have locked these down for everyone a month ago), in addition to digesting updates on construction progress at numerous service centers that shift the goalposts.
Wow….that’s big news! They told me LE R1S deliveries are slated to begin before year end… so next month… for you lucky few. I have the regular R1S and expect I’ll be late Q1 or Q2 depending on how quickly they ramp up production. To your point, I think Rivian finally gets that people are getting frustrated/excited and want clear expectations.

Sponsored

Dubs

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX460
Just got this in an email: ""Your Launch Edition R1S delivery window is now June - July 2022."
What?? They just told me deliveries for launch edition R1S are starting next month…. Ouch.. that’s painful.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
I got the email, too- April-May 2022

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
I am pretty frustrated by this:

Your Launch Edition R1S delivery window is now July - September 2022.
They have been telling me via CS for months that Canadian deliveries will begin in November. For Months. And now I have to wait 8-10 months more. So much for "All LE pre-order holders will have their vehicles by Spring 2022". July is not Spring.

Sponsored

timtwhite

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EXPEDITION, TUNDRA, XC90
Occupation
RETIRED
I received the following re: my R1S Launch Edition. I ordered on 11/2020

My guess, for the difference in delivery dates, is related more to where you live.
Since I live near Houston, I think it will be a while before they have service here.
Austin and or Dallas will get theirs before we do. So July 2022 sounds SooooN

Sdarmoc

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Palisade
Got my email, May-June 2022 for R1T LE in Central Florida, May 2019 preorder date. Do we think this is counting as our contact by Thanksgiving?

bigdogrod

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda ridgeline, pre order for cybertruck and r1t
no email about delivery (non LE) but my rivian page says deliveries begin 1/2022 which is neither new info or exciting, 'cause i won't be getting mine that early.. lol

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

R1T delivery window April - May, 2022, for early March LE pre-order. R1S LE window date Is May - June . Ordered the same day.

Last edited:

screamingkarts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S LE, Jeep Wrangler 4Xe
Clubs

I received the following re: my R1S Launch Edition. I ordered on 11/2020

My guess, for the difference in delivery dates, is related more to where you live.
Since I live near Houston, I think it will be a while before they have service here.
Austin and or Dallas will get theirs before we do. So July 2022 sounds SooooN

You are right! I live in Houston area and got the exact same window. I noticed some more in Houston area got same window !

Rivian R1T R1S Estimated Time of Delivery feature coming to Rivian configuration tool 1637708533906
Sponsored