Sponsored

Feels impossible Rivian will deliver my R1T by end of November

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
but RJ got drunk and lost the VIN #s. Our goal now is to get you your Rivian by April 1st"
Who can argue with that excuse and only a fool will have an objection to the new date.
Sponsored

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
I got a guide call this morning. March/April ETA for my LE R1S (Limestone/Black Mt/20s, Dec 2018 preorder, Austin).
I am confused. Skyote was contacted by his guide for the first time today and was given an estimated delivery date of March/April of next year for a R1S.

Just from this morning. The whole conversation is too long to post here, but basically the situation is this: the Guides have been pushing for a solid timeline to give to us, the customers. And the response from the Teams above them (delivery, production, etc) is as follows

"We have been checking and re-checking the data sets and finalizing production schedules and we want to avoid telling you that your delivery window is February/March, only to have to reach out in March to say that it is June. This high level of precaution requires demand planning, delivery, and vehicle production teams to align their data sets which takes a great deal of effort. Every time we get close, a member of the team finds a way to go deeper in the data. As of this morning, we believe we have alignment and are awaiting final production schedules."
But Shzeph was told by his guide today that they really canā€™t give him an estimated delivery date at this time for his R1T.

Am I missing something here? Shzeph canā€™t get a date for the R1T, but Skyote can get one for a R1S. Can they or can they not give us an estimated timeframe? At this point, I really donā€˜t believe what they tell me, so I really donā€™t need to be contacted by a guide. They can just contact me once they start production of my LE R1S.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
I mean, my November date was given to me back in June (or whenever it was I got my Guide call)

Clearly, not having a production timeline didn't stop them from handing out estimates back then. Don't see why it would stop them now.

It's also possible, if I want to be generous, that the R1S timeline is separate from the R1T timeline, and that R1S estimates are being made based on where they expect to be. But don't hold your breath, R1S people

Last edited:

dortreo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
Didn't the S1 say that they would deliver 1000 R1T's by end of this year? In terms of the potential hit on their valuation, these will be the most costly R1T's Rivian will ever (not) produce.

Oh, and 15 R1Ss by year's end, too. Aren't these supposed to be produced on the same assembly line as the R1Ts? If so, wouldn't the line perhaps be busy producing trucks in Q1?

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Didn't the S1 say that they would deliver 1000 R1T's by end of this year? In terms of the potential hit on their valuation, these will be the most costly R1T's Rivian will ever (not) produce.

Oh, and 15 R1Ss by year's end, too.
Make 25, deliver 15.

Sponsored

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student

Oh, and 15 R1Ss by year's end, too. Aren't these supposed to be produced on the same assembly line as the R1Ts? If so, wouldn't the line perhaps be busy producing trucks in Q1?
I will say that my Guide was super transparent in what she did and didn't know

For example, while the Guides now know that a delivery timeline adjustment is coming, they don't know who its going to affect or by how long. So she mentioned to me that in theory, deliveries could occur in December, but that until the Teams have given the Guides the final timeline, the Guides just don't know

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

For example, while the Guides now know that a delivery timeline adjustment is coming, they don't know who its going to affect or by how long. So she mentioned to me that in theory, deliveries could occur in December, but that until the Teams have given the Guides the final timeline, the Guides just don't know
I talk to my Guide on a weekly basis and I have gotten that same feeling from the very beginning. It is rediculous how little they tell these guides. They are supposed to be our 'one-stop-shop' for all things Rivian, but they are out in the cold with the rest of us! Honestly, I generally feal they we as a community know just as much, if not more than the Guides!

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I talk to my Guide on a weekly basis and I have gotten that same feeling from the very beginning. It is rediculous how little they tell these guides. They are supposed to be our 'one-stop-shop' for all things Rivian, but they are out in the cold with the rest of us! Honestly, I generally feal they we as a community know just as much, if not more than the Guides!
When does the salesperson ever have the most information?
?

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s

"delivery timeline adjustment" = Rivian corporate speak for either Delay or Soon. Oh no, Rivian has gone fully corporate

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

When does the salesperson ever have the most information?
?
As a software salesman I 100% agree with this. The people who are shocked by the different information going out from CS and guides must not be in customer facing jobs. I haven't been surprised by this in the least.

If you asked 10 different salespeople at my company about when a new functionality will be coming to our software, you'd get 10 different answers and none would be right. That's par for the course unfortunately.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
As a software salesman I 100% agree with this. The people who are shocked by the different information going out from CS and guides must not be in customer facing jobs. I haven't been surprised by this in the least.

If you asked 10 different salespeople at my company about when a new functionality will be coming to our software, you'd get 10 different answers and none would be right. That's par for the course unfortunately.
Just because itā€™s common doesnā€™t make it right. Probably only one thing that will make the ā€œteamsā€ focus and that is when the stock price fall below the $78 IPO price

Last edited:

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

Salespeople can be overeager to sell new things that arenā€™t ready. ā€œGove a mouse a cookieā€¦ā€

Just because itā€™s common doesnā€™t make it right. Probably only one thing that will make the ā€œteamsā€ focus and that is when the stock price fall below the $78 IPO price
when I worked for a grain handling/storage equipment company, I had to put a sign on my R&D office telling salescritters to keep out. Then I had to lock the door. Theyā€™d see a new auger or feature and have told 10 customers itā€™ll ship tomorrow within 5 minutes of coming through my door.

slawwach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace, Hyundai Santa Cruz
It is rediculous how little they tell these guides
I just recollected when they introduced guides:
https://stories.rivian.com/rivian-guides

That story did not age well :D
" Our Guide Team is located in Normal, Illinois, right in our factory. Their individual stories help paint the picture for our customers, sharing their genuine excitement for Rivian and anticipation for the start of deliveries. And since they sit just steps from our assembly line, itā€™s easy for them to walk right over to an engineer ā€” maybe even RJ ā€” to get you the information you need. "

wizard467

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (10/2022), Honda Ridgeline
I just recollected when they introduced guides:
https://stories.rivian.com/rivian-guides

That story did not age well :D
" Our Guide Team is located in Normal, Illinois, right in our factory. Their individual stories help paint the picture for our customers, sharing their genuine excitement for Rivian and anticipation for the start of deliveries. And since they sit just steps from our assembly line, itā€™s easy for them to walk right over to an engineer ā€” maybe even RJ ā€” to get you the information you need. "
That was written by a guide team member (or other marketing/non-engineer)... was never true, and will never be true. :D
Sponsored