Sponsored

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 A6 Allroad, ā€˜20 SQ7, ā€˜19 M5 Comp, ā€˜11 GT3
Wow. Pretty excited for this showroom to open! I live walking distance from this place and have my deposit in for an R1T but never knew this was even in the works so close to home. I usually go out to eat at the restaurants here with my family quite often and definitely took notice of this construction project for a while now, but didnā€™t think anything of it since thereā€™s always new construction going around everywhere in a big city like Chicago. Now, Iā€™ll definitely contribute to this thread as best as I can :)
Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I'm assuming that the Normal service center will cover Chicago for the beginning. No point in developing 2 centers so close right out of the gate.

After that, my guess would be a Naperville/Schaumburg location. Naperville on ogden by all the other dealers might be a decent spot.
I could also seem them doing something like Highland Park or elsewhere on the North Shore and then using that location for SE Wisconsin initially. Thatā€™s what Tesla did for the Milwaukee market before they opened the Milwaukee service center.

SirArpsAlot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Lexus Rx350, Reserved R1S
Clubs

Anyone stroll by lately to see how its progressing? I was hoping it would be the next one to open after Venice...SOON

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Anyone stroll by lately to see how its progressing? I was hoping it would be the next one to open after Venice...SOON
curios as well but haven't been in the area lately.

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

I could also seem them doing something like Highland Park or elsewhere on the North Shore and then using that location for SE Wisconsin initially. Thatā€™s what Tesla did for the Milwaukee market before they opened the Milwaukee service center.
This was my thinking as well. North Shore area makes a lot of sense to me. i'm in Glenview and could see anywhere in a 10-15mi radius out here working. I suspect there will be a lot of R1S's out here away from the city.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Chicago Rivian Sales Location Under Construction 08BBAAAC-586B-4B13-8BE4-D72D0D9A880F
Rivian R1T R1S Chicago Rivian Sales Location Under Construction 856202AF-DC1E-4387-BDA7-8815C6DC11E5

Rivian R1T R1S Chicago Rivian Sales Location Under Construction DC8122F5-E60C-4B56-B195-075E19BE78AC

Vern Bybee

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Cherokee, XJ...
Also, I hope most of the good eats around there survived Covid. That is a super foody neighborhood. Rivian employees there will have some excellent lunches.
That seems to be a Trend
Denver both proposed locations
The chosen location has what appears to be good eats
But Phoenix is a exception
Nothing but industrial

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S

Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Back in may I read Rivian is no longer coming to this site? Rivian CS would not confirm. This website shows the building currently available for lease. https://l3capital.com/portfolio/932-w-randolph-street/
Itā€™s possible the website isnā€™t updated to reflect current availability. Since the first floor is divided up to have four retail spaces (if they arenā€™t combined) itā€™s possible Rivian will only occupy a portion of the first floor and the bulk of the building remains available for lease.

Since there are only two models right now, this space could be smaller than what one would normally think for an automotive showroom. While I would hope that they would have at least three vehicles, one with each interior, they may also end up with just two on display, and R1S and an R1T.

tobyringle

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S

tobyringle

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Itā€™s possible the website isnā€™t updated to reflect current availability. Since the first floor is divided up to have four retail spaces (if they arenā€™t combined) itā€™s possible Rivian will only occupy a portion of the first floor and the bulk of the building remains available for lease.

Since there are only two models right now, this space could be smaller than what one would normally think for an automotive showroom. While I would hope that they would have at least three vehicles, one with each interior, they may also end up with just two on display, and R1S and an R1T.
Fingers crossed they are still coming to Chicago. Would love to see the vehicles in person even if it means no test drive.