rivianado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ACURA TL, TOYOTA HIGHLANDER
Occupation
SOFTWARE CONSULTANT
Hi,

I am looking to transfer my Rivian shares from Morgan Stanley account another brokerage firm (Webull). Are there any penalties or fees associated with the transfer? Has anyone done this without incurring any fee or penalty?
Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
I initiated the transfer from my Merril Lynch account. No transfer fees from either side.

OP
OP
rivianado

rivianado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SOFTWARE CONSULTANT

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Have they taken the money out of your account for your shares yet? Did they do this automatically or do I need to do something manually? The money is in my account, so I’m guessing they will just do it automatically today or tomorrow.

OP
OP
rivianado

rivianado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SOFTWARE CONSULTANT
Have they taken the money out of your account for your shares yet? Did they do this automatically or do I need to do something manually? The money is in my account, so I’m guessing they will just do it automatically today or tomorrow.
Yes, funds were cleared on 11/12 and on the same day received a notification from Bank confirming the funds withdrawal. I guess you don't have to do anything at this point except to sit tight and wait for the confirmation.

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Merril said it would take 5-7 business days for the funds and cost basis data to fully transfer. I initiated mine in Friday so will have to wait till next week to confirm.

buddha2lotus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model s
Occupation
physician
I initiated mine with Schwab and was put on hold. Contacted M.S. and was informed that no transfer process can begin until Monday 15th when the shares are officially out of DSP status.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
I initiated mine with Schwab and was put on hold. Contacted M.S. and was informed that no transfer process can begin until Monday 15th when the shares are officially out of DSP status.
Yah- I was waiting for this as well. I did notice I have no idea how to identify my new MS account to the brokerage where I want to transfer the shares. My other broker usually just asks for a recent statment, but no statement yet and no account number from MS?

buddha2lotus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model s
Occupation
physician
Yah- I was waiting for this as well. I did notice I have no idea how to identify my new MS account to the brokerage where I want to transfer the shares. My other broker usually just asks for a recent statment, but no statement yet and no account number from MS?
Your MS account number is available on the website, access it with a browser, it is under the "Services" tab and listed under "Account Information." For me, MS's website just isn't as user friendly as Schwab's.

2021R1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
What a PIA. I finally think I have transferred my shares from MS to ETrade. It took a while to find the funding portal and even longer to find my MS account #. Then after a lot of trial and error discovered that you have to drop one of the center “0” in the listed MS account number for ETrade to connect to the MS account. I’ll see on Monday if it actually goes through.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rivianado

rivianado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SOFTWARE CONSULTANT
Your MS account number is available on the website, access it with a browser, it is under the "Services" tab and listed under "Account Information." For me, MS's website just isn't as user friendly as Schwab's.
Which one should I pick as my account number? I see below options. Is it the Institution Account Number or the number below my name?

Rivian R1T R1S Tranfer of Rivian shares from Morgan Stanley to another brokerage firm 1636912161027

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Which one should I pick as my account number? I see below options. Is it the Institution Account Number or the number below my name?

1636912161027.png
I used the number below your name in the For further credit to row. It’s very confusing!

buddha2lotus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model s
Occupation
physician

1636912161027.png
It is the institution account number, that's what I used and Schwab recognized it.

OP
OP
rivianado

rivianado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SOFTWARE CONSULTANT
Just called their helpline. Here's the info they gave.

Services --> Profile + Settings --> Preferences --> Display --> Show/Hide Accounts

Rivian R1T R1S Tranfer of Rivian shares from Morgan Stanley to another brokerage firm 1636917367288

IThinkFreely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Bronco Badlands
Tried to get this going for my ETrade account and can't get it to recognize the MS account number.
Sponsored