RivianCurious

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EV, Rivian R1T
Clubs

My friends have a daughter named Alexa. You can absolutely change the wake word:
https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=21341305011

You can select from “Alexa,” “Amazon,” “Echo,” and “Computer.”

(Google does not allow you to change its wake word, by comparison.)
Google responds to me when I say, "OK Poodle" or "OK Doodle" or "Hey Bugle". lol!
Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Amazon delivery to your R1T frunk in 3… 2… 1…

I mean, why not. They already have that for garage door openers and door locks.
Although I like the idea of that, using the frunk or gear tunnel as a lock box if I'm not home or sleeping, I've seen enough packages dropped down on a door step, or could see someone sliding a box across the top and scratching the truck up.

Sponsored

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
That is typically not supported by non-Amazon devices that have Alexa integration. We’ll just have to wait and see until real customers get their hands on the vehicle.
Ah, was not aware. We have Sonos integrated with Alexa but we primarily interface with them via Echos… I guess I wouldn’t hold my breath then for Amazon to change this.

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21
Meh. I'm in the Google ecosystem, not Amazon's. So now I'm gonna have to add more accounts and apps, etc etc.

Oh well. I'll do it, but I'm gonna complain the whole time.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

Sponsored

Vern Bybee

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Cherokee, XJ...
I'm starting to get that itch on the back of my neck. Wanted to buy from a company that was independent and made their own decisions. If I wanted a big corporation making the decisions I would buy a Ford Lightning.
Lucid

Vern Bybee

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Cherokee, XJ...
Yes, more data points would be great. Also, just plain data from Rivian. Over the past 3 years, I've asked for a lot of the spec's which we still today do not know?

Examples:

Turning Radius? Rivian what is the turning radius...we don't know at this time. Really?

Payload? So as stated by Rivian and Edmonds, 1,760 lbs. Ok, is that for all trim packages and permanent accessories? Edmonds weight for the R1T with the off-road package and 21" tires, with LE or Adventure Package...weighted? 7,150 lbs. GVWR of the R1T is 8,532 (*doing these from memory) so the payload would be 1,382 lbs so Edmonds is incorrect here. How much does the Max pack add? 300-400 lbs? So is the payload now down to 900-1082 lbs? These and many many more specifications of a vehicle now in production, being delivered to customers, seemingly should be a requirement before being able to sell one. How or why Rivian will still not tell us is beyond frustrating. What is the charging curve on DC Fast charger? Does it slow and taper? If so, when and to what extent? Show us the data. Why do we have to search the internet like detectives for a posting of a picture from a customer?

Love Rivian, but it really is insane the lack of information directly from the company.
Zero
"TANK TURN"
But they are working out how to deal with that don't want people tearing up the earth
So it depends on the situation
But one video ( Edmunds? ) gave a distance on asphalt it was better than most

Vern Bybee

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Cherokee, XJ...
*sighs* There went my dream of having "Cabróna" as the wake word ...

?
I think we will be able to set up what ever we want just not right now but might be wishful thinking
I'm used to Alexa but definitely want to name my truck

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks for posting this, last I had read Alexa implementation had been running behind. Will be interesting to see how well this works and how much we can do when driving, hopefully changing wiper intervals, or switching off brights, changing podcasts, finding a store or address, or asking Alexa to unlock my back door when I turn into my driveway will be straightforward.

I assume I won't be able to do something bad, like opening the hood when driving.

I wonder if Rivian is paying Amazon, or if Amazon is paying Rivian. Can, and how will Rivian try to monetize this?

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

Does anyone know how messages and phone calls will work with an iPhone? I understand there’s no Apple Carplay, but when it sends a message or makes a phone call, will that occur through my iPhone or through a separate account?
Sponsored