R1T accessories & options wish list.

killaz05

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Mustang, 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
I don't know if it has been mentioned already but I would like to see a winch option or hope that the front bumper will be able to support a winch since they made a splash at the overlanding expo. I am curious to see how high the truck gets in its highest setting, I don't want to even think about how complicated adding a lift would be so I hope there will be adequate ground clearance.

We won't know until there are actual production units but I am going to assume they are able to simulate locking front and rear diffs so that should not have any issues in that regard. I really look forward to these trucks and their capabilities.
Sponsored

Reactions: DTM

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

I don't know if it has been mentioned already but I would like to see a winch option or hope that the front bumper will be able to support a winch since they made a splash at the overlanding expo. I am curious to see how high the truck gets in its highest setting, I don't want to even think about how complicated adding a lift would be so I hope there will be adequate ground clearance.

We won't know until there are actual production units but I am going to assume they are able to simulate locking front and rear diffs so that should not have any issues in that regard. I really look forward to these trucks and their capabilities.
Current spec says 14.1" of ground clearance and over 3ft of wading depth on the R1T.
I haven't looked at competition on the truck side, but on the R1S and its competition, the closest competitor is 4+ inches less ground clearance.

trickflow

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 performance, Toyota 4runner

When I spoke with them at Overland Expo (back in May), they told me "more to come in the next 18 months" on a winch option. I was hoping that there would be a custom winch that could run off of the drive battery rather than the 12 volt, but we'll see what happens.

As they have a motor to all 4 wheels, and they showed dynamic drive already I will think that it may be even better than a locker. Think of intelligence built in so that when you turn the wheel that it will know to spin the outside wheel just a touch more than the inside to avoid binding. :)

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
I hope the air suspension can level the truck out for rooftop tent camping. I don't want to have to park on rocks or stumps in order to level out the bed!
This is as great idea. I would like to be able to raise the front high while lowering the back down for easier loading/unloading of my motorcycle and other wheeled vehicles. That would also allow my ramps to be shorter.

Sponsored

Hank

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Highlander hybrid, prius
Occupation
USAF civilian
I'd love to see pass through ability from the front trunk to the passenger cabin and/or gear tunnel to passenger cabin. It'd be great to be able to reach the gear but also if my dog could interact and still have space for herself. With 4 humans plus our 4 legged person it'll certainly get crowded quickly.

I get that the far rear window won't roll down because of the gear tunnel but can we at least get a big usable slider?

Any indication of rear seat entertainment options? Just seat back USB and tablet mount would be great. While built in screens are nice they have limitations.

Last edited:

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
Just seat back USB and tablet mount would be great.
The current prototypes do have USB ports near the top and backside of the front seats. However, it's my understanding they are being redesigned (currently a cover flips down 90 degrees protruding directly at rear occupant) but we don't know if that also means moving them to a different location or what. None the less, I'd be very surprised if there were no USB ports easily accessible for the rear occupants. I think the question becomes more granular like which USB type(s) will they supply? A, C, micro, ...

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

The current prototypes do have USB ports near the top and backside of the front seats. However, it's my understanding they are being redesigned (currently a cover flips down 90 degrees protruding directly at rear occupant) but we don't know if that also means moving them to a different location or what. None the less, I'd be very surprised if there were no USB ports easily accessible for the rear occupants. I think the question becomes more granular like which USB type(s) will they supply? A, C, micro, ...

From talking with Zulf and some of the other interior folks, the USB ports in the back of the headrests are staying...the phone/tablet holder that doubles as a cover is going away for rear occupant safety. I am also pretty darn sure that they will remain type As.

RforRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 4Runner, 2014 Equinox
I love to mountain bike and plan to haul my bike mounted on the bed of the R1T. I don't know if anyone has said this but I want some kind of warning/notification that reminds me that I have a bike mounted on my truck before I pull into the garage.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I love to mountain bike and plan to haul my bike mounted on the bed of the R1T. I don't know if anyone has said this but I want some kind of warning/notification that reminds me that I have a bike mounted on my truck before I pull into the garage.
In seriousness, GPS proximity-based alerts would be cool, and totally doable. You could have permanent, temporary, or one time alerts, and you could ask Alexa to set them... how's that for Amazon/Alexa auto integration?

OldEVGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired
The R1S will be my first EV. I’m thinking of having EVSE installed in my garage, to take advantage of the Federal Tax Credit, available until the end of 2020 for EVSE installation. I hope they’ll have an option to purchase any branded EVSE before the end of the year.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
The R1S will be my first EV. I’m thinking of having EVSE installed in my garage, to take advantage of the Federal Tax Credit, available until the end of 2020 for EVSE installation. I hope they’ll have an option to purchase any branded EVSE before the end of the year.
It's not required to use a Rivian branded EVSE, virtually anything on the market should work. It's very likely that any Rivian branded EVSE will be a model already offered by an established manufacturer with a different label/case. I think it unlikely that Rivian will spend any time/money designing something from the ground up

It is likely that sales and installation will be offered thru Amazon like many other manufacturers offer.
Here is a link to the Kia page:
https://www.amazon.com/b?node=18746790011

OldEVGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired
Thanks DucRider (Gary). That’s the first I’ve seen an Amazon page setup for a manufacturer. I’ve researched the ChargePoint and JuiceBox products. I figured they’d probably just brand one from an established manufacturer. It’s the car guy in me that was hoping to carry thru the Rivian theme in my garage. I’ll probably have a 36 x 24 R1S print made also. :)

KickRocksRiv

First Name
Westly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Don’t worry about it sweetheart
Easy add , but would love would a factory accessory rail like was just shown in the 2021 bronco. Would give us a great place to mount action cameras / phones /ect.
Rivian R1T R1S R1T accessories & options wish list. BD373E6E-A870-4941-A608-B2BA05497E15
Sponsored

Last edited: