First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Maybe the line location is is why they had issues at the rally this year. If so it was changed in production.
I can't comment on what kind of vehicles are at the hub (eg, pre-prod or not). They _are_ Launch Edition which should be Adventure+ but I don't know if they are fully kitted out with the Off Road package (since that is now optional).

I _can_ say that if you watch Long Way Up, damaging these lines is exactly something that happened during the show. I _thought_ I heard RJ and/or David Alexanian say that the experience the crew had on the show caused Rivian to redesign this part of the vehicle. Perhaps not, though.
Sponsored

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
The suspension setup is similar on GLE(lines coming in to the bottom of the strut), and theyā€™re similarly low hanging.

the bronco that rolled off the black bear pass was a bronco sport, not the larger 4x4 bronco.

Here is a Mercedes on black bear pass

several have run the rebelle also.
Yes I was talking about the Sport, have not seen the big ones (full size Bronco) try it. Glad to be wrong about the Mercedes though, so I guess like I said it has not stopped them (Mercedes) if their lines are similar. Good to know. Thanks @crashmtb, do you own a carbon fiber mountain bike btw? Just curious how that stands up, everything has their breaking point, and the bullet proof thing was a joke, all the comments one heard that the CT was ā€œbulletproofā€ ( I was once a Pre holder in their nuthouse forum) yet it failed to stop the bearing was my point. Not trying to poke any bearsā€¦ lol.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I _can_ say that if you watch Long Way Up, damaging these lines is exactly something that happened during the show. I _thought_ I heard RJ and/or David Alexanian say that the experience the crew had on the show caused Rivian to redesign this part of the vehicle. Perhaps not, though.
The damage in LWU was not to the lines but to the accumulator.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
OP
OP
R1T7777

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
I can't comment on what kind of vehicles are at the hub (eg, pre-prod or not). They _are_ Launch Edition which should be Adventure+ but I don't know if they are fully kitted out with the Off Road package (since that is now optional).

I sure hope they did. I watched The Long Way Up, but it was a while ago and I donā€™t remember the specific issues they had with the prototypes.

Sponsored

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

If you watch the Jerry rig everything video from the Colorado off-roading marketing event you see a lot of the underside. Iā€™m thinking when itā€™s in the higher lifts it gets pulled up. You do see it when he changes the tire.

OP
OP
R1T7777

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
If you watch the Jerry rig everything video from the Colorado off-roading marketing event you see a lot of the underside. Iā€™m thinking when itā€™s in the higher lifts it gets pulled up. You do see it when he changes the tire.
I watched that video at .25 speed to see if I could find those hoses. I couldnā€™t see them, but also couldnā€™t confirm they had been rerouted. The photo I took was with the suspension in the medium or high setting.

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
I sure hope they did. I watched The Long Way Up, but it was a while ago and I donā€™t remember the specific issues they had with the prototypes.
Mainly a hydraulic reservoir, but that was plainly not designed for production. Looked like a consequence of the short timeframe they had to get a vehicle ready for the show.
Sponsored