Sponsored

Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members...

Nuclearn8

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 GX460, '05 Corolla
Love to tinker in the garage and be outdoors in general (fishing, golfing, hiking etc...). Have owned 18 motorcycles and 14 vehicles the past 24 years although the pace has slowed considerably since getting married 6 years ago, and that's a good thing for a lot of reasons, mostly safety and increasing the likelihood I'll stick around and get to enjoy this earth for a while...

Never owned a mode of electric transportation however really looking forward to the R1T.

I'm hopeful it will live up to the hype in terms of functionality and provide my wife and I with a reliable, durable and sustainable mode of transportation for daily use as well as a platform for our family road trip adventures for at least 10 years.
Sponsored

JackA

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Pluginncw.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model S - Reservation/Deposit R1S
Jack & Charlene checking in; we drive a Model S that was delivered in March of 2013. It was reserved in early in 2012. We have been waiting for a SUV that was full electric. As soon as we read about the R1S we made a paid reservation; it was confirmed on 11/29/2018. We traveled from Washington State to New York to attend the showing there. Seeing the Rivians and talking with the various executives, managers and staff convinced us that we are on the right track. We are in a 4X4 Club and will put the R1S to the test, but more likely just use it to tow our trail modified Jeep JK to trail rides. We also own a Polaris Ranger EV that has been converted to a Lithium battery pack.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor AWD, Ford F150 EB 4X4 Platinum 6.5ft bed
Ray here from El Paso Texas. I will be getting the R1T 135kWh version. My F150 Platinum will be my trade in. I am also ordering a Cybertruck TriMotor which will be ready for delivery about 1 year after my R1T. Really looking forward to going all BEV in the next 2 years!

Jemel

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Hi everyone, I'm Jeremy, from CT!

I currently own a Tesla Model 3. I've had a taste of fully electric and will never go back.

My M3 is the best drive I've ever had, but I miss the capabilities and utility of my old Toyota 4Runner. I used it a lot for helping family and friends move things around with the cargo and light trailer duty. It was also an absolute beast in the snow. I was in quite a few blizzards with that thing and never once got into a situation I couldn't get out of. The M3 I think is a little better in the ice with faster traction control, but if there is more than about an inch of snow it's not going anywhere. Literally. You hit the accelerator and it just beeps at you!

While I miss the capabilities of the 4Runner I don't miss going to the gas station 3 times a week or the $600-700 monthly gas bills. My commute alone is 500 miles per week, let alone doing errands and visiting friends and family. I never took it off road, but I knew if I ever wanted to or needed to, it would be able to do so.

I think the R1S is the perfect blend of these two vehicles, and am (im)patiently waiting for my preorder. Rivian came on my radar in September and I've been following closely ever since.

UP Finn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1992 HMMWV, 2018 4Runner ORP, 2020 Model Y Perf
Ken here from SW Michigan. I've never thought about ever getting an EV until recently. My adult son is a huge fan of Tesla and sparked my interest rattling off some of the specifications of the upcoming trucks. And he had me watch a video on YouTube from Engineering Explained (I forget the name... something like "what it's like to drive a Tesla Model 3 for a year.") that gave 10 reasons EV's are better than ICE. And the 1st 9 reasons didn't mention anything about the environment. That sold me. It'll be a change not going to gas station. And having to plan out trips with a liitle more detail.

Sponsored

TyrusRex

First Name
Tyrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Greetings All! I'm Tyrus from Allen, TX and I ordered a R1T in September 2019. I went to Fully Charged a few weeks and saw the vehicles in person. I like the truck more than I thought I would. Plus it was great to talk to several members of the Rivian team.

I'm getting the biggest battery. I'll need it since I'm retiring in the next three years and will be traveling the country full time.

OP
OP
RefugeEV

RefugeEV

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Cayenne
Welcome to the fold new members !

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
Guess I'll introduce myself here as well. I'm Alan from Austin... On the tail end of raising kids. One about to start college and 2 more years of high school for the youngest. My last new car (for myself) was my 2000 LX470 which I finally sold after 20+ years of happy ownership.... I didn't get the bug to even start looking for a new car until that garage spot emptied out last month.... and now I've got the bug bad.... Taking a very hard look at the R1S (180kWh) and hoping to learn more about it here. My real target time frame is around the end of 2021 or even early 2022 when my youngest is finishing her senior year. I have lots of questions and range anxiety based on my past driving habits. Anyway, I am looking forward to learning as much as I can with this group.

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have some vehicles and stuff
Clubs

Guess I'll introduce myself here as well. I'm Alan from Austin... On the tail end of raising kids. One about to start college and 2 more years of high school for the youngest. My last new car (for myself) was my 2000 LX470 which I finally sold after 20+ years of happy ownership.... I didn't get the bug to even start looking for a new car until that garage spot emptied out last month.... and now I've got the bug bad.... Taking a very hard look at the R1S (180kWh) and hoping to learn more about it here. My real target time frame is around the end of 2021 or even early 2022 when my youngest is finishing her senior year. I have lots of questions and range anxiety based on my past driving habits. Anyway, I am looking forward to learning as much as I can with this group.
Welcome to the group! Feel free to ask away as many of us a current EV owners.

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
Welcome to the group! Feel free to ask away as many of us a current EV owners.
Thank you so much! I have been reading the forum for the past few days (wanted to make sure I tried to research as many Asked and Answered questions as I could before starting a new thread)

Sponsored

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Thank you so much! I have been reading the forum for the past few days (wanted to make sure I tried to research as many Asked and Answered questions as I could before starting a new thread)
Good idea. Unfortunately a lot of the answers out there are based on conversations that people have had with Rivian employees at different events. Not to say they're not true, they just need to be taken with a grain of salt until Rivian puts something out "officially". There are several videos with RJ and other senior employees that will answer a lot of questions too.

As far as being a first-time EV owner, range anxiety, charging options, etc., there is lot of information available.

EVJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Honda Pilot, 2012 Hyundai Veloster, 2019 Infinity Q50 Luxe, 2020 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Sales
Hello everyone! I'm Jay. After many years of owning gas guzzling trucks and SUVs, I finally decided it might be time to go electric. Once I researched the Rivian, watched YouTube videos and visited this site, I knew I had to put a deposit down, so I finally did in January. A few months later my wife and I decided to also purchase a Tesla Model 3 which we just took possession of a week ago. I'll drive the Tesla until the R1T finally rolls off the line, and then the Model 3 will become her permanent vehicle. I have to honestly say I was a skeptic of EVs for many years, but now I am a huge advocate. Looking forward to getting to know some of you and really excited about getting the email from Rivian that its time to configure my next truck!

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Hello everyone! I'm Jay. After many years of owning gas guzzling trucks and SUVs, I finally decided it might be time to go electric. Once I researched the Rivian, watched YouTube videos and visited this site, I knew I had to put a deposit down, so I finally did in January. A few months later my wife and I decided to also purchase a Tesla Model 3 which we just took possession of a week ago. I'll drive the Tesla until the R1T finally rolls off the line, and then the Model 3 will become her permanent vehicle. I have to honestly say I was a skeptic of EVs for many years, but now I am a huge advocate. Looking forward to getting to know some of you and really excited about getting the email from Rivian that its time to configure my next truck!
Welcome and congrats on the M3 purchase!

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Hey Folks New Member from Washington DC Area (Silver Spring, MD). Ordered my R1S in May of 2019, I also started the https://www.facebook.com/groups/474847160100158/ Rivian Owners North America Group mainly to focus on actual RIvian News as a LOT of the other groups have been cluttered with spam and non-rivian related news. For those who want to join just confirm you are in fact from North America and Have a deposit on A Rivian Product.

I own a Saab 9-4x (Rivian Will be Replacing this Rare Vehicle) as well as a Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio (I Run the ARNA Group on FB as well). Whoops also remembered I have a Hyundai Ioniq EV (Amazing lease deal).

Looking forward to reading all the great news and contributing where I can.

Last edited: