Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Unless my reading comprehension drastically dropped, I'm pretty sure that's what this means.

Screenshot_20211006-194313_Firefox.jpg
It’s Rivianese we’re reading here, sooo… they began inviting people in those regions…by inviting people in whatever the Normal, IL region was “this month”(September).

I have a suspicion that list is in order of events. It would make sense, geographically, to do NY next, then (hella)NorCal, and LA last, presuming they only have one team running these things.
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Unless my reading comprehension drastically dropped, I'm pretty sure that's what this means.

Screenshot_20211006-194313_Firefox.jpg
I never read it that way. I read it as these are the first regions and beginning this month they will start inviting preorder holders which they did in Normal.

I think to make that an inclusive list for the month the word beginning would have to be omitted. It would have read

To start off, we'll be inviting preorder holders in the following regions this month.

That makes it a definitive period and a definitive list. The way it is worded there is a definitive list of regions they will start with but a variable period where it is starting this month.

But then again, I went to public schools so what do I really know... ;)

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I never read it that way. I read it as these are the first regions and beginning this month they will start inviting preorder holders which they did in Normal.

I think to make that an inclusive list for the month the word beginning would have to be omitted. It would have read

To start off, we'll be inviting preorder holders in the following regions this month.

That makes it a definitive period and a definitive list. The way it is worded there is a definitive list of regions they will start with but a variable period where it is starting this month.

But then again, I went to public schools so what do I really know... ;)
You're probably right. I definitely read it as they were reaching out to all of those regions this month with no definitive end date for when those invitations will occur. If they didn't mean that they were inviting all of the regions in September I would have expected them to say "we will be inviting people to an event in Normal this month, followed by the other locations in the coming months."

I like your interpretation of it though. Makes me feel like they did totally botch something that close. ?

superdavePA

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Tesla Y / '22 R1S / Harley Ultra
Occupation
Engineer
Rivian modus operandi....but the carrot does seem mighty tasty based on those reviews!
Rivian R1T R1S First Mile Event National Tour (live Rivian experience) announced! 1633603481636

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

You've got to read that in Rivian-ese.... listing the 4 places (or 400 places) and using the sneaky verbiage "beginning this month" is a hard commitment to only "begin" in September In Normal, IL - which they did. The rest can follow this month, next year, a dozen years from now and still it began in Normal in Sept.

Just like "deliveries" began in Sept but were a handful of insider, long-term employees, not real world paying customers. Those can occur this month, next month, in December whatever and still Rivian "deliveries started in Sept 2021."

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
You've got to read that in Rivian-ese.... listing the 4 places (or 400 places) and using the sneaky verbiage "beginning this month" is a hard commitment to only "begin" in September In Normal, IL - which they did. The rest can follow this month, next year, a dozen years from now and still it began in Normal in Sept.

Just like "deliveries" began in Sept but were a handful of insider, long-term employees, not real world paying customers. Those can occur this month, next month, in December whatever and still Rivian "deliveries started in Sept 2021."
They has regions plural in the same clause as month, implying multiple regions. But yeah, they probably just worded it in a misleading way (unintentionally) never planning to hit the other cities in the month.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
misleading way
I didn't find it misleading at all. The only thing I found somewhat surprising, was how long the event in Normal lasted.

JEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, 2016 Volvo S60
Occupation
Technical Support
It’s Rivianese we’re reading here, sooo… they began inviting people in those regions…by inviting people in whatever the Normal, IL region was “this month”(September).

I have a suspicion that list is in order of events. It would make sense, geographically, to do NY next, then (hella)NorCal, and LA last, presuming they only have one team running these things.

While at the event in Normal, my wife was talking with someone on the Rivian event team and they told her that they will be traveling as a team to each of the events. So it looks like one city at a time.

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist