First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MDX, ACCORD
Occupation
Retired Teacher, Reading Coach
From Twitter. So far...So good, I guess? Fingers crossed.

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 11.12.49 AM.png
Curious to learn how long it will take to supply the reservation list as it stands today. I'm up on an Acura lease in October and deciding if I need to get another two years for my Rivian R1S delivery in 2022.
Any thoughts?

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Curious to learn how long it will take to supply the reservation list as it stands today. I'm up on an Acura lease in October and deciding if I need to get another two years for my Rivian R1S delivery in 2022.
Any thoughts?
When did you preorder?

We can only speculate at the moment, but the configurator might be providing production estimates.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
More like they want to avoid premature panic. They can't guarantee that statement at this point. In theory covid-19 should pass before impacting their schedule but the global human and financial toll of this virus are still unknown. At least at this point they aren't having to shut down existing production lines like Tesla.

James

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MDX, ACCORD
Occupation
Retired Teacher, Reading Coach
When did you preorder?

We can only speculate at the moment, but the configurator might be providing production estimates.
I ordered January 2020.

Kickaha

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model X
I ordered January 2020.
One of the key stats will be conversion - how many pre-orders convert to purchase? When they get to people above you on the list, how many say "Um, I changed my mind".

However long the list is, you will get bumped up - the question is "by how much".

Reactions: Rad

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
I don’t think we will see Rivian’s until 2021. Just a gut feeling. Plus test drives will probably not happen for a while. I am usually optimistic but this covid-19 is serious stuff.

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have some vehicles and stuff
Clubs

I don’t think we will see Rivian’s until 2021. Just a gut feeling. Plus test drives will probably not happen for a while. I am usually optimistic but this covid-19 is serious stuff.
I agree! As someone else posted earlier, it's just not the impact of the virus and social distancing, but also the financial impact that many people are going through right now. Companies that were giving $100k bonuses to employees a month ago are now shedding their workforce by 50% in some cases. Even those that have planned for a rainy day may not be overly excited about dropping 20k-100k on a new vehicle right away until things start to show a positive rebound.

Only time will tell and hopefully some more information from Rivian (either in the form of the configuration email or test drives) will give us a better idea of what to expect from them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SpinDoc7

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
A bit ago I was watching the YouTube video with Mark Vinnels, Rivian’s exec dir for engineering, speaking with Jonny Smith for Fully Charged.com at the LA auto show. Mark mentions that 90% of the parts for Rivians are made in America. Good news for the supply chain and production.

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have some vehicles and stuff
Clubs

A bit ago I was watching the YouTube video with Mark Vinnels, Rivian’s exec dir for engineering, speaking with Jonny Smith for Fully Charged.com at the LA auto show. Mark mentions that 90% of the parts for Rivians are made in America. Good news for the supply chain and production.
That is good news, but I still think the general public is going to be a little gun-shy to spend $100k on something right now.

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
Here's the update

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Shuts Down All Facilities to Slow Spread of COVID-19 / Coronavirus Screenshot_20200320-142505_Twitter

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Great way to avoid unions: treat all of your employees, really, really, really well.
Sponsored