Sponsored
OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Seat time and test drives aren't likely until they have pre-production vehicles coming off the assembly line.
"Late summer" is when I was told for the test drives & 60 vehicles was specifically mentioned, which should be enough to distribute fairly well.
Sponsored

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
I call dibs on the black test-drive R1T on behalf of Chicago.

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
Just received the following in an email from Rivian:

UPCOMING EVENTS POSTPONED

In response to the growing concern and uncertainty regarding COVID-19, Coronavirus, we have decided to put our upcoming events on hold. While there’s nothing we love more than getting out and meeting people, your safety is paramount. We will reevaluate once the precautions have eased. Until then, we’ll share updates through our newsletter as information becomes available.

Events in the following cities are currently on hold:

Miami
New York City
Los Angeles
Boulder
Chicago
Detroit

Thank you for understanding. We hope to be back on the road soon.

Reactions: Rad

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Also why don't I get the emails yet. I pre-ordered a couple weeks ago. Pretty sure I got a welcome email. I guess they do all of the things in batches.

Sponsored

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Also why don't I get the emails yet. I pre-ordered a couple weeks ago. Pretty sure I got a welcome email. I guess they do all of the things in batches.
Mine go to Spam. Check that out.

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
I'm curious as to how much corona will impact the production of the vehicles...understanding that final manufacturing is happening in the US...

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I get email from Rivian from two different email addresses - preorders (at) rivian.com and hello (at) rivian.com. The first one should be self-explanatory. The second one I believe is for those that signed up for their e-newsletter which you can do via the Rivian website.

The latest email regarding postponing upcoming events was sent from hello (at) rivian.com. Now, one could easily assume this would automatically include those that have pre-ordered. Prehaps it doesn't? If so, simple solution, just sign up for the e-newsletter. ;) It's not like you have to worry about getting inundated with emails from Rivian. :CWL:

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
I'm curious as to how much corona will impact the production of the vehicles...understanding that final manufacturing is happening in the US...
I'm guessing from a place of non-expertise but I imagine they probably wouldn't have a ton of parts in storage yet. Hopefully enough to build for the crash-testing that was supposedly happening Q2, but until that testing is complete I would think you wouldn't want to order a lot of the parts in case adjustments needed to be made.

It's still not clear how much of the battery manufacture they actually DIY. If it's a lot, that could be a big help in avoiding COVID-19-related delays.

It's not like you have to worry about getting inundated with emails from Rivian. :CWL:
They do keep us thirsty for news. Can't help but respect them for their anti-hype thing but also I hate it.

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
All future events got cancelled due to Covad-19. Bummer for some.

saw the email this past Tue.

Sponsored

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
All future events got cancelled due to Covad-19.
Cancelled? Did Rivian make another announcement after they sent the email that indicated the upcoming events would be postponed? The stories section of their website, https://stories.rivian.com/ , still indicates the events are only postponed.

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Yes, correct. I miss-spoke. It was postponed. Sorry about that.
Sponsored