Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
depends if its smelly and then goes into the cab not so good.
TRUE! I thought of that after I posted!? ?
I wonder if the gear tunnel is vented somehow, other than the back-seat accordion-door. Otherwise, seems you would need to leave the two tunnel doors open to dry it out after it gets wet in there.
Sponsored

Last edited:

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
For those that went to the First Mile event, or are going soon, are there any defrost wires in the windshield? In-glass heating like the Land Rover Defender? Seems like a good option to have in an EV to more effectively clear the windshield than heating the entire cabin.
No heated windshield. It would be useful though. One thing I don’t like about them is the elements are visible with polarized sunglasses.

my(old!) Land Rover defender has a heated windshield, but it needs it because the defroster vents are basically useless ?

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Could also be for letting air move through the cabin, every vehicle has vends at the back to let air out.
Vent-a-hood for the camp kitchen. ;)

scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1250GS
Clubs

For anyone who snapped pics of the R1T with the tent deployed, did anyone happen to capture the auxiliary awning on the passenger side? Was that attached?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For anyone who snapped pics of the R1T with the tent deployed, did anyone happen to capture the auxiliary awning on the passenger side? Was that attached?
It’s a freestanding umbrella. One of those neat cantilevered dealies without a central pole.

Sponsored

scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1250GS
Clubs

It’s a freestanding umbrella. One of those neat cantilevered dealies without a central pole.
Thanks, had hoped it was a 23 Zero awning or something similar.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

No heated windshield. It would be useful though. One thing I don’t like about them is the elements are visible with polarized sunglasses.

my(old!) Land Rover defender has a heated windshield, but it needs it because the defroster vents are basically useless ?
argh, my biggest complaint with my RAM is keeping the wind shield from icing over during the winter. I like the cold and end up having to drive with windows down to keep the windshield clear. the heat would kill me otherwise. If i didn't need it to defrost i would hardly use the heat in the cabin.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks, had hoped it was a 23 Zero awning or something similar.
There are pictures kicking around with darche and yakima awnings.

I really like the 23 zero one, looks a lot less bulky than others. I wonder if they (or another company) will make one that mounts directly to the roof rack mounting points.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
PRIVATE RENTAL
Monday, November 15 - Friday, November 19, 2021

https://www.sonomaraceway.com/events/

Maybe?
If that is the case it would be disappointing as it is over a month and a half away. Especially if this is the second scheduled event.

To be honest, these kinds of test drives are cool but I would bet 90% or more of the people would be fine going to any parking lot, viewing the vehicles and doing a short test drive on the local roads.

Certainly would allow for a lot more reservation holders to get an opportunity to see and drive the vehicles.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

These first hand accounts are great to read and learn new nuggets, but I'm also very jealous and sad because I know it's going to be a lonnnnnggggggggg time before I get an opportunity to do it myself.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If that is the case it would be disappointing as it is over a month and a half away. Especially if this is the second scheduled event.

To be honest, these kinds of test drives are cool but I would bet 90% or more of the people would be fine going to any parking lot, viewing the vehicles and doing a short test drive on the local roads.

Certainly would allow for a lot more reservation holders to get an opportunity to see and drive the vehicles.
regionally, Sonoma raceway seems like one of the few good options for a self contained event like this. And I can almost see it from my mother in law’s house ?

customer service told me today they’ve got some open to the public stuff coming up in Venice beach. So maybe the LA event is first.

Bbernardo

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 Tacoma / 08 H3
Question for those that got to get tipsy with Off Road mode. Did the main screen any telemetry like pitch or tilt? Also for leveling purposes for the RTT?

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
What is this cable? I think there is another image where it looks to be plugged or clipped in. Probably could find in the manual but not immediately sure what I'm looking at.
Gear Guard cable. Attaches to hold stuff in and is monitored by the security system/cameras.

ean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Tiguan
Gear Guard cable. Attaches to hold stuff in and is monitored by the security system/cameras.
Ah thank you! Is there just a single cable then or are there multiple cables that could be used depending on what you have back there? Looking at those ends, I'm just assuming one attachment point on each side of the bed and those are the only attachment points?
Sponsored