First Name
DAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X and Ford F150
Occupation
retired
"A special night with some of Rivian's earliest employees and now earliest deliveries! Some of these families have been helping build our company for over 11 years. Thanks for all the hard work and dedication." @RJScaringe

FAGViJIXIAAu_pf.jpeg

FAGViJgWQAAhzGV.jpeg

FAGViJgXIAAiZNi.jpeg

FAGViJiXEAAQbo-.jpeg

EDIT: One more photo from the Instagram post:
242634082_597243487970248_474457040723043072_n.jpg
Deliveries in September: āœ…
Sponsored

DanTheMan

First Name
DAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X and Ford F150
Occupation
retired
I recently talked with a Rivian employee at a non Rivian function . I relaid to this individual that sellable trucks were now rolling off the factory floor . He stated without hesitation that these trucks were for long term employees, family, investors and friends to satisfy the Sept. delivery promise and that all other deliveries would not start until the end of the year, at the earliest. He made it seem like this was always the plan, meaning the promise of a September delivery was not meant for the $1000.00 reservation holders, as we all were lead to believe. Rivian has a big communication problem and this action seems a little deceitful

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I recently talked with a Rivian employee at a non Rivian function . I relaid to this individual that sellable trucks were now rolling off the factory floor . He stated without hesitation that these trucks were for long term employees, family, investors and friends to satisfy the Sept. delivery promise and that all other deliveries would not start until the end of the year, at the earliest. He made it seem like this was always the plan, meaning the promise of a September delivery was not meant for the $1000.00 reservation holders, as we all were lead to believe. Rivian has a big communication problem and this action seems a little deceitful
If true, thatā€™s completely infuriating. Hoping there was some miscommunication along the way.

If they donā€™t clarify this in the lead up to the IPO they would have some serious securities fraud issues too if the stock declines when the truth about delivery readiness comes out.

Sponsored

thedole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Occupation
Brewmeister
Agreed. Our employees get first access to every new product we make. It's not a freebie, just first access. Impossible to keep good people otherwise these days. People want to work at companies that make or do things they love. I'm only disappointed as I can't wait to see the first person posting on here with their delivery experience and the ensuing flood of other information that will inevitably follow once forum members have their hands on trucks. I've already put my delivery expectation to the end of Spring 2022 when they promised LE deliveries to finish. Anything earlier is just bonus.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
When I worked for that company with the largest market cap in the world we did NOT get first dibs at new products after launch. Deliveries and shipments went to paying customers long before we had a chance to purchase.

Last edited:

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
We'll know if this is true or not soon, because there are people who aren't employees who have October delivery dates.

Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I agree, however, in my opinion, this does not qualify as meeting the customer delivery target of September.
All they ever said was "Deliveries begin in September." They never said WHO those deliveries would be going to.

MurryR1T

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T delivered 3-24-22
If, and I repeat "If" this is true.... we are in for a very long wait for our vehicles. I will hold off further judgement until $1k reservation holders get a vehicle.

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
I have know idea who's source is correct, and I hate not knowing that. So please don't take this as a shot at you, but I wanted to provide a counter-indication.

This is from a post on a different Rivian forum:
My Rivian contact said they shipped a little over 50 R1T vehicles last week! Decent start. ā€œStill some kinks to work out, but moving alongā€.
Time will tell which "Rivian Contact/Employee" is providing the best intel.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Still waiting for the first person to post a firm delivery date.
There are people on the forum wh have scheduled deliveries in October, if you look around the threads on guide contacts etc. I donā€™t know if thatā€™s changed of course, since Iā€˜m not them.

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
I have know idea who's source is correct, and I hate not knowing that. So please don't take this as a shot at you, but I wanted to provide a counter-indication.

This is from a post on a different Rivian forum:

Time will tell which "Rivian Contact/Employee" is providing the best intel.
Not sure they're mutually exclusive. The early insiders may well have plunked down $1000 for a reservation. They may even have had a chance to do it shortly before the reveal. So I don't think it's unreasonable to assume they were bonafide customers who were ahead of us in line.

I get why they'd want to work through any process kinks with a more forgiving audience. I'm in the "it counts" camp. I just want to know how fast the ramp will be and if we're still on track for a November delivery. And for tomorrow's media blitz.
Sponsored