Sponsored

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

"A special night with some of Rivian's earliest employees and now earliest deliveries! Some of these families have been helping build our company for over 11 years. Thanks for all the hard work and dedication." @RJScaringe

Rivian R1T R1S RJ: Some Early Rivian Deliveries Go To Earliest Company Employees! FAGViJIXIAAu_pf

Rivian R1T R1S RJ: Some Early Rivian Deliveries Go To Earliest Company Employees! FAGViJgWQAAhzGV

Rivian R1T R1S RJ: Some Early Rivian Deliveries Go To Earliest Company Employees! FAGViJgXIAAiZNi

Rivian R1T R1S RJ: Some Early Rivian Deliveries Go To Earliest Company Employees! FAGViJiXEAAQbo-

EDIT: One more photo from the Instagram post:
Rivian R1T R1S RJ: Some Early Rivian Deliveries Go To Earliest Company Employees! 242634082_597243487970248_474457040723043072_n
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

And they went to employees. I want to say surprised, but not really. I expected Bezos to be #1 next week.

Not sure I would place any weight in their comments.

Sponsored

OP
OP
staples

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

And to start the internet speculations, what do people think of the potentially vague messaging? Were the first deliveries to the first employees? Or were the first employees just there for the special night?

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
And to start the internet speculations, what do people think of the potentially vague messaging? Were the first deliveries to the first employees? Or were the first employees just there for the special night?
Seems clear they are early employees who, because they took delivery, are now also the earliest deliveries. Don’t think we need to parse this legalistically, and it’s explain why we haven’t seen forum posts from anyone with a September delivery date.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Now curious when the first paying customer will be. Hard to value a company at $80B when they are paying those who get the product. Curious what their employee discount was, 100%?

Sponsored

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

Congrats to these folks! Starting a car company from nothing is nearly unheard of, I’d say anyone working toward that goal for 11 years is deserving of getting one of the first off the production line.

That said, I’m really looking forward to a regular from this site getting their vehicle and sharing lots of videos soon. ?

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I'm sure their first employees are paid well enough to afford the truck themselves.
I am sure they are. I'm also sure that they didn't pay for them. They have probably been driving R1s for a while too.

Heck, maybe Rivian is the customer and these are company cars. ?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Now curious when the first paying customer will be. Hard to value a company at $80B when they are paying those who get the product. Curious what their employee discount was, 100%?
October. There are people on the forum who have October delivery dates.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Either they paid for them, or they will be paying income tax on an 80kish gift. Either way, I am 100% fine with this.
There was a rumor going around that they have an employee program where they can buy a vehicle and Rivian will pay them 1000 a month for 2 years where they will allow for the car to be monitored and provide feedback.

That was in one of the forums, did not search for it but that was how I remembered it.

EDIT: this was the thread pot 15
Sponsored

Last edited: