Sponsored

Electric Cars Listed By 0-60 MPH Acceleration: Quickest To Slowest Rivian R1T/R1S turns out to be effectively the least expensive EV in the U.S. 0-60

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
OP
OP
RivianXpress

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
I think Porsche definitely needs to come up with a few more Taycan variants

Thats Porsche'ss''ses' Forte. I think there were 24 variants of the 991.2

That being said, I had a a Taycan 4S as a loaner and the accel was breathtaking. My GTS is faster. My Camaro is probably comparable/slower based off traction. But the instant torque of the Taycan was remarkable. 0 or 80. The fact that the R1 will smoke it is just wow.

Sponsored

Pugster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Ford F150
I love this. I off-road semi frequently and the off road performance is what drew me into the Rivian. The fact that it’s a rocket and MT suggest it handles like a sport sedan have me over the top. It’s like a Model S and a Ford Raptor had a baby…and like kids often do, it’s surpassing it’s parents ?

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition

mike22co

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X3 (x2), s00n R1S
Occupation
Person
While I think the crazy-fast acceleration is kind of exciting, I'm more of the view that this is more a trick pony, just like tank-turn. I don't need to accelerate that quickly 99.9999% of the time. If there is an option to disable that through a reduction in the acceleration, I would probably enable that, especially for my new 16 yo driver in the house. That said, I am also happy to get out of the turbo-lag that the Audi A4 has from stop. :)

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

While I think the crazy-fast acceleration is kind of exciting, I'm more of the view that this is more a trick pony, just like tank-turn. I don't need to accelerate that quickly 99.9999% of the time. If there is an option to disable that through a reduction in the acceleration, I would probably enable that, especially for my new 16 yo driver in the house. That said, I am also happy to get out of the turbo-lag that the Audi A4 has from stop. :)
I agree. 0-60 time is not a selling point for me personally. Faster never hurts, but I am not a racetrack driver. 0-60 in 7-8 seconds is plenty fast. Slower than 9 I raise my eyebrows, and once you hit 6 seconds I no longer care. On electric cars though, fast 0-60 times is almost a byproduct of the drivetrain and the aim for efficiency.

That said, different strokes and all. Some people love it.

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

The biggest takeaway for me is that Rivian's destination fee is $0 :fingerscrossed: (assuming that's what "DST" refers to).
It might just be unknown at this point as nothing has made it to a destination. :)

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I may never push the 0-60 specifically (outside of a test track for laffs) but you better believe I will use that acceleration coming down an onramp when that douchebag in the right lane tries to keep me from getting in front of him as I merge.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
It might just be unknown at this point as nothing has made it to a destination. :)
Hah I know - it was just wishful thinking :)

carl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, VW Atlas, Volvo V60 Polestar
Clubs

I may never push the 0-60 specifically (outside of a test track for laffs) but you better believe I will use that acceleration coming down an onramp when that douchebag in the right lane tries to keep me from getting in front of him as I merge.
I'm most definitely going to take a FEW laps on a track with this just to see how it does. Especially after what MT has been saying that it drives like a sports car. I'll be able to compare it to my BMW M2C. (I'll be sure to share a video when the time comes!)

Has the 3s 0-60mph been confirmed by any third party testing it?

Also, it's nice to see that there are actually EV to choose from now. It's not just Tesla, slow-mo Leaf or odd-ball Volt. There are some exciting options, with the Rivian at the very top for me. There really isn't any comparable bang for the buck.

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
As EVs proliferate and get faster, cheaper, lighter, more efficient, etc. I wonder if we'll see regulations that limit acceleration for consumer vehicles. I don't trust the average person with 2s 0-60 ?
Sponsored