Sponsored

What would you like to see on your new Rivian or from the Rivian company??

Boeing787

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Corvette ZO6, 2015 Ford FX4
Being all electric drive train. Is it possible to have steering wheel trim for keeping the truck rolling straight as tires wear uneven etc..
I would like a deep dark "Gun metal Gray" Both my other cars are painted close to that I get a lot of compliments. Doesn't show dirt! exterior paint. Instead of wood trim a Carbon fiber trim.

Early stock options for us would really make me a loyalist and brag all day about my Rivian !

I love the HUD on my Zo6 Vette....
Dont really like the headlights up and down looks like a robot smiling at me but I can live with it if they are that way for a reason.

I give the team at Rivian A lot of credit for diving into these projects , creating a can do attitude this Company screams USA!!!!

Dont F-up!! with respect

Mark
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
Being all electric drive train. Is it possible to have steering wheel trim for keeping the truck rolling straight as tires wear uneven etc.
Well yes, I suppose so but why would you want to do that? In any car if the wheels are out of alignment to the point that the car won't track and you "fix" the situation by applying constant steering input what's going to happen to your tires?

Now looking at the current Teslas we see that they watch the roadway to the extent that they are able to keep you in lane automatically which they do by applying steering torque. Whether autopilot is doing this or you are doing this the car sees the track and feels the torque so that if constant torque is necessary to stay on a straight line the car can sense that and alert you that you need to go to the SC for alignment. I don't know whether Rivian plans to do this or not (I don't even know if Tesla does it) but that's the thing to ask for.

Last edited:

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
Request: Several trip (resetable) odometers each of which gives miles driven, kWh used and Wh/mi.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Dont really like the headlights up and down looks like a robot smiling at me but I can live with it if they are that way for a reason.
I believe the reason was they wanted a distinctive, unmistakable face for the vehicles. Mission accomplished. There was a scene in "The Climb" video they released yesterday where an employee stated that she told RJ "the headlights are ugly". His response, "don't worry... they grow on you". I have found this to be true as I myself have shifted from reluctant acceptance to truly liking them. It takes most people some time to get used to something radically different.

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

I love the idea of the car telling you to go in for an alignment!

Sponsored

Mikers

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Landrover Discovery, 1974 Volkswagen Thing
I hope the durability and simplicity of every feature is considered. I want a car that I can keep for ten years without worrying about things like electrical Gremlins.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor AWD, Ford F150 EB 4X4 Platinum 6.5ft bed
I hope the durability and simplicity of every feature is considered. I want a car that I can keep for ten years without worrying about things like electrical Gremlins.
Unfortunately, all newer car be it ICE or EV are all software and electronics driven. My Tesla Model 3 died on me 1st day while I was driving down the road, the culprit was a lose electronic harness. Tesla is aware of this and they came up with an industry leading wiring system that reduces the number of wires, increases the number of redundant relays to increase reliability, creating a semi rigid platform whereby a robot will perform these wiring tasks to remove human error. So, EVs are becoming a complex mix of motors, electronics and software, for better or worse.
BTW, since that harness incidence, my Model 3 has been smooth and trouble free!

RivianR1T4me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Rain Sensing Wipers
HUD
Self Parking
Memory Seats
Adjustable Pedals
Heated, Cooled, Massaging Seats
Blindspot Monitoring
Wireless Charging

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor AWD, Ford F150 EB 4X4 Platinum 6.5ft bed
Rain Sensing Wipers
HUD
Self Parking
Memory Seats
Adjustable Pedals
Heated, Cooled, Massaging Seats
Blindspot Monitoring
Wireless Charging
we are getting most of your wish list except HID, massaging seats, and adjustable pedals...not bad. Its a good start. Maybe later down the line since Ford already has all those tech that you wishes...

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I can't remember the last time I needed an alignment so I'll pass on the expense.
Premature replacement of tires should more than offset the "expense" of an alignment. Safety issues with steering are a real concern, especially in wet or ice/snow.

You might not need one if you never drive offroad, rough roads, or hit potholes. However, if your vehicle pulls or your tires wear uneven, go get it done.

As a poor teenager, I had a badly aligned truck that didn't pull, and it almost caused a serious accident when it "pushed" through a corner on a slick wet road.

BillArnett

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T; Tesla Model 3 (Cybertruck on order)
Occupation
Retired
I would like to see the ability for the NAV system to save track logs, upload them to the Net somewhere or to a thumb drive, and to download and display ones from external sources. Off-road maps in my experience are often unreliable and out of date. Track logs saved recently by other folks are much more likely to be accurate.

RivianR1T4me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
we are getting most of your wish list except HID, massaging seats, and adjustable pedals...not bad. Its a good start. Maybe later down the line since Ford already has all those tech that you wishes...
Awesome! I can live without HUD or adjustable pedals, but the massaging seats would really be a fantastic add.

UP Finn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1992 HMMWV, 2018 4Runner ORP, 2020 Model Y Perf
HUD would be nice. Auto up and down windows. The rear window of the R1T to go up and down. Like a 4Runner.

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
I would like to see the ability for the NAV system to save track logs, upload them to the Net somewhere or to a thumb drive, and to download and display ones from external sources. Off-road maps in my experience are often unreliable and out of date. Track logs saved recently by other folks are much more likely to be accurate.
RJ told me you the were considering the ability to save your digital trail and share it with other Rivian owners, all part of their curated digital trails where full autonomy driving would be available.
Sponsored