Sponsored

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
Cross post, but did you guys catch the Instagram story where the MT guy says the R1S is way off? What's up with that??
Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Cross post, but did you guys catch the Instagram story where the MT guy says the R1S is way off? What's up with that??
Personally, I think that's saying that there are a lot of preorders and they are going to keep growing. Not sure if it's necessarily for the R1S, but mainly to the question if you should preorder now or next year. I preordered the R1S, so I guess I'm hoping there is nothing wrong with its delivery :)

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Context is everything. If they order an R1S now it is indeed a long way off.

And off the cuff comments from people not associated with Rivian? Nothing for anyone to get their panties in a twist about.

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
Context is everything. If they order an R1S now it is indeed a long way off.

And off the cuff comments from people not associated with Rivian? Nothing for anyone to get their panties in a twist about.
My panties have been twisting for months! I want my... I want my... I want my R1S.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Sponsored

Cassidy_DM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda6
Occupation
Space
Well, I learned a few things from this article:

1. I made the right choice in getting a Rivian and selecting the R1T.
2. I'm glad I put my reservation in a few months ago, as little as that helps.
3. It looks like waypoints are built into the nav system (see the picture where it has legs marked)
4. Maybe I don't need the Max pack?
5. R1T + Rooftop tent + camp kitchen = my weekends, vacations, sick days, etc. for the next decade or so.

This article is fantastic though. Not only is the first review showing the truck in its natural environment, they're doing a 4,000+ mile trek across the entire country in one of the most arduous ways possible. Rivians work and they work well.

Big thanks to MT and Rivian for making something this awesome happen and showing everyone they mean business.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

So. New game. Why do we think the videos went poof?

Im assuming they leaked some information Rivian didn't want leaked or something along those lines and might had requested a pull. Could also be something complete different but can confirm they have been pulled.

Rivian R1T R1S Motortrend Drives the 2022 Rivian R1T Off-Road Across the Trans-America Trail 1631159528001

Just tried restoring the website from the proxy and its definitely disabled albeit cached.

Rivian R1T R1S Motortrend Drives the 2022 Rivian R1T Off-Road Across the Trans-America Trail 1631159635676

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Im assuming they leaked some information Rivian didn't want leaked or something along those lines and might had requested a pull.
Same. I just can't think what was in *both* videos that prompted a pull request. And if that was it, why MT didn't quickly just edit it out. I can't really imagine there was something in a good chunk of each clip of those videos that hasn't already been observed. I don't remember anyone watching them and having an "OH SHIT LOOK AT THIS" moment.

Almost makes me wonder if it was something unrelated to the truck.

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
LaunchGreen,

If your account is not password protected, I hope your next wife has a wonderful sense of humor.... ?
LaunchGreen,

If your account is not password protected, I hope your next wife has a wonderful sense of humor.... ?
I have a feeling this comment might cost me an R1S :) - gonna guess in blue..

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I have a feeling this comment might cost me an R1S :) - gonna guess in blue..
Just make sure to keep one of the key fobs, and life will be good! ?

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Rivian R1T R1S Motortrend Drives the 2022 Rivian R1T Off-Road Across the Trans-America Trail 1631189487012

Rivian R1T R1S Motortrend Drives the 2022 Rivian R1T Off-Road Across the Trans-America Trail 1631189517336

Is every long haul EV road test required by law to have an image of people standing in front of the EA charger with puzzled looks and phone in hand trying to reach EA customer service?

Last edited:

AndroidAppBundle

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bianchi
This sucks, and remains one of the reasons I basically have to keep considering Tesla for my first electric vehicle purchase.

The Out of Spec Motoring reviews where they demonstrate the public charging experience is just pathetic. For an industry that is supposed to attract so many net-new customers; those customers will be left with unpolished, frustrating public charging experiences.

On the flip side; I have friends who assure me; they insist that with at home charging - people are not exposed to this experience often; but if their driving patterns require a charge, it is a different story. Food for thought though; all of these people are city dwellers who never take their EV out and “explore the world” (they are not exactly taking a weekend ski trip with a 4 hour one way drive).

Has Rivian been able to demo the Rivian charging experience? Does the Rivian branded charger require the user to authenticate and authorize the charge? Or does it just....work (and by that....I mean...is it like a Tesla supercharger?)?

1631189487012.png

1631189517336.png

Is every long haul EV road test required by law to have an image of people standing in front of the EA charger with puzzled looks and phone in hand trying to reach the EA customer service?

AndroidAppBundle

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bianchi
Hope you got $100k sitting around :)

With upgrades like a 5k collapsible kitchen, $2500 tent, $10k max pack; added the cost of a Honda Civic to your build

If Rivian proves to be a hit; I suspect some of these fully loaded models might be collectible. I don’t expect that many people will spend $21500 on essentially a tent, a collapsible kitchen, rims, and a larger battery pack

Well, I learned a few things from this article:

1. I made the right choice in getting a Rivian and selecting the R1T.
2. I'm glad I put my reservation in a few months ago, as little as that helps.
3. It looks like waypoints are built into the nav system (see the picture where it has legs marked)
4. Maybe I don't need the Max pack?
5. R1T + Rooftop tent + camp kitchen = my weekends, vacations, sick days, etc. for the next decade or so.

This article is fantastic though. Not only is the first review showing the truck in its natural environment, they're doing a 4,000+ mile trek across the entire country in one of the most arduous ways possible. Rivians work and they work well.

Big thanks to MT and Rivian for making something this awesome happen and showing everyone they mean business.

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
Hope you got $100k sitting around :)

With upgrades like a 5k collapsible kitchen, $2500 tent, $10k max pack; added the cost of a Honda Civic to your build

If Rivian proves to be a hit; I suspect some of these fully loaded models might be collectible. I don’t expect that many people will spend $21500 on essentially a tent, a collapsible kitchen, rims, and a larger battery pack
Who really cares if people spend the extra money for the things that make them happy? I'm sure Rivian knows they'll sell enough of them to make money and satisfy a segment of the people that buy the R1T. The way you find the worst in everything is really amazing. I'm guessing Eeyore is the Winnie the Pooh character you relate to best.
Sponsored