jg250

First Name
Jeven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW x5
Hi.
I am on the Wet Coast. I recently put my deposit on a R1T. Based on the reading above and our lousy canadian dollar, I am hoping I can afford it when it is finally ready for purchase. Add to that the crazy insurance prices in BC and...yikes! Fingers crossed I can afford one because I am super jazzed to be inline for 1.
Hi I am in the same boat I will be placing a order for a R1S soon I can’t wait
Sponsored

erlanning

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
So I finally bit the bullet and put down a deposit for an R1T. I am hoping that it becomes available in Canada this year... I live in Rural Ontario (near Algonquin Park) and am hoping to get a proper winter EV for the next winter. I am getting a bit frustrated with the soft close features of my Model X, the limited winter range and the other elements about Winter that it doesn't do so well with. Also would love to be able to take a road trip that allows me to get 5 hours worth of driving without have to worry about stopping, hopefully the R1T gets easily over 600k.
:)

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
I am getting a bit frustrated with the soft close features of my Model X,
I have an X but can't figure out what the "soft close features" are. ???

the limited winter range and the other elements about Winter that it doesn't do so well with.
The winter limitations are a result of physics and chemistry. There isn't a lot the vehicle designer can do about them. Thus the Rivians are going to be subject to these same limitations.

Also would love to be able to take a road trip that allows me to get 5 hours worth of driving without have to worry about stopping, hopefully the R1T gets easily over 600k.
We can get a rough idea on that. They advertise 400 mi+ (640 km) on the 180 kWh battery. Practically speaking one uses about 80% of the battery SoC range or less and that means practical range is 0.8*400 = 320 miles or 512 km. This assumes that you drive at the rated rate which evidently most drivers do not (see the Stats app histograms for the X).

jacobh

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.besustainable.com
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, Model X
Occupation
Web Design + Development
Glad to see more Canadians on here! :)
I think Rivian may be the perfect EV for Canada... Will be interesting to see how many of them show up on the roads here. The Pacific Northwest and Alberta might be full of Rivians 1+ year after launch.

BurninAura

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vctgroup.com
Vehicles
'21 Polestar 2, '21 T-Model Y-LR, '17 Hy. Ioniq EV
Occupation
Solar Power Project Developer, EV Charging Infrastructure
Late to the party in the forums, but I placed my deposit on the day the R1S was unveiled. Not too concerned about the level 3 network. Lots of options coming into the market in the next few years. Petro Canada, Electrify America/Canada, Hydro One, OPG, and more. Granted, my current EV is not a road trip vehicle, but I have 100,000 kms on it, and I have never used a public charging station, as much as there are quite a few in my area.

Sponsored

Headingley

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 35d
Occupation
Surgeon
I'm from Winnipeg and just ordered:

R1S Blue
5 Seater
21 Road tires

I will look into winter tires closer to delivery.

Regards

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
I'm from Winnipeg and just ordered:

R1S Blue
5 Seater
21 Road tires

I will look into winter tires closer to delivery.

Regards
Nice. I wonder if Pirelli will make winters in that size by 2022. Probably unlikely other manufacturers will make them for just one vehicle, especially for the Launch edition timeframe. One of the reasons I went for the 22s was that winters are already available in that size…

Last edited:

tisodom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent, Toyota Hybrid, Lexus GX
I'm from Calgary and placed an order for the S. I hope that more Albertans will place pre-orders - hopefully that enables Rivian to consider having some charging stations or at least a service centre similar to Tesla here in Calgary.

The government has not been discouraging EVs but has essentially been indifferent to the point that many EV cars (such as Kona) are not sold in the province. I'm hoping however that Rivian will build out an adventure network here.

Anyone else from Alberta who placed an order?

canoemonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Discovery Sport
Occupation
Nature-Based Solutions Project Developer
Hey Folks,

I'm from Toronto, anyone else from Ontario? I see @erlanning is near Algonquin (I used to guide out of the park so happy to hear it!), anyone else?

tisodom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent, Toyota Hybrid, Lexus GX
Hey Folks,

I'm from Toronto, anyone else from Ontario? I see @erlanning is near Algonquin (I used to guide out of the park so happy to hear it!), anyone else?
Pretty sure that most buyers in Canada are based out of Ontario, BC and Quebec. My brother owns a Tesla and says that the charging network out there is pretty impressive. Lucky guys!

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Hello all - just wondering how many Canadians are on this group thus far, since they took the time to create a Canadian sub-group?
Yup, Canadian living in Vancouver, pre ordered the R1T in June '19 and customized the 400 mile max pack black interior, El Cap paint. Very stoked

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
I came across this picture Helmcken Falls in my instagram feed today.... Hoping that I can drive up in my R1S and see it for myself someday..... So I am hoping Rivian extends the RAN network up to you guys as quickly as possible!

Rivian R1T R1S Any other Canadians on this group yet? Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 4.51.44 PM

Reed

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Toyota Tacoma, March/24 Reservation for R2
Occupation
Retired
I'm now officially in. After asking a whole bunch of questions (see the R1t kayak thread), and pretty much failing to get much in the way of answers, I finally just decided to pay the deposit and see what happens.

For now, I have ordered a blue R1t with a mid-sized battery, Adventure Package (mmmmm ventilated seats), AT tires and black interior. I say 'for now' because there could be changes as more details become available.

My 18 foot kayak has to fit on top. As of right now, I really don't know for sure how that is going to happen.

I currently drive a 2002 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 - with rust popping out over the wheel wells. By the time the R1t arrives I may be applying duct tape to hold the Taco together!

Cheers
Reed
Burnaby, BC
Sponsored