First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
Well I found it interesting ?
Possibly the frame you took a screenshot of was due to this:

Sometimes it appears that an LED bulb, when viewed through a camera lens, flicks rapidly at regular intervals as if it is turning on and off.

LED bulbs are turning on and off, the flickering on video becomes more pronounced and obvious because the camera’s recording frames per second is unaligned with the frequency of electricity. This is called the ‘strobe effect’.

jessefive

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Possibly the frame you took a screenshot of was due to this:

Sometimes it appears that an LED bulb, when viewed through a camera lens, flicks rapidly at regular intervals as if it is turning on and off.

LED bulbs are turning on and off, the flickering on video becomes more pronounced and obvious because the camera’s recording frames per second is unaligned with the frequency of electricity. This is called the ‘strobe effect’.
That's what I thought at first too, but its a video clip. It doesn't seem to be a led flickering problem. I'm curious as well...

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
That's what I thought at first too, but its a video clip. It doesn't seem to be a led flickering problem. I'm curious as well...
I just looked at the video clip, and you're right... there is a full three seconds with it out, and no other flickering. Must be an option. Makes sense as not to blind fellow campers on the trails.

Don

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, White, Forest Edge, 22” Brights
Occupation
Mechanical, Engineering, Technician for Navy (Undersea Warfare)Retired
I hate auto wipers. I either use rainX or ceramic coat if long term vehicle. Neither needs wipers really at all. Even in the harshest conditions. I live in FL and have driven through some serious rain and not even need wipers with those option. When the auto wipers come on drives me crazy.
? I have a buddy that’s like that. It’s like he has OCD for repetitious sound, not to mention the constant flutter of a wiper in his face. All he sees is the wiper and not the road.
I remember being a passenger in his truck and it was pouring, I mean hard rain, and he has his wipers set at maximum dwell. I almost soil my pants as I couldn’t see a thing. Drives him crazy too. ?

Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
? I have a buddy that’s like that. It’s like he has OCD for repetitious sound, not to mention the constant flutter of a wiper in his face. All he sees is the wiper and not the road.
I remember being a passenger in his truck and it was pouring, I mean hard rain, and he has his wipers set at maximum dwell. I almost soil my pants as I couldn’t see a thing. Drives him crazy too. ?
Or as @DuckTruck would call it: "CDO, which is OCD but in the correct alfabetical order"

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Or as @DuckTruck would call it: "CDO, which is OCD but in the correct alfabetical order"
Someone with OCD(or CDO) would also likely be driven crazy by the use of an incorrect 'alphabet'...

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

godfodder0901,

As I was spellchecking my reply to Babbuino (which follows your response), I caught your previous reply. It brought a smile to my face. One that is above and beyond my now "Permagrin":

Someone with OCD(or CDO) would also likely be driven crazy by the use of an incorrect 'alphabet'...
Congrats! You beat me to it! Regardless, here it is:

"Not to be anal, but the correct spelling is 'alphabetical'. The combination of CDO and Tourette's has led me to leading the life of a hermit...."

Holiday dinners can be awkward when that combination is triggered.

"Hey, Duck, pass me the peas, why don't cha!"....."Aahhh!!! YOU $#!+-$N!F!#@ B&[%€$(K€R!!!!"

Yeah, the Holidays can be kinda isolating....

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Holiday dinners can be awkward when that combination is triggered.

"Hey, Duck, pass me the peas, why don't cha!"....."Aahhh!!! YOU $#!+-$N!F!#@ B&[%€$(K€R!!!!"
I’m the same at holiday dinners, but haven’t been formally diagnosed with Tourette’s… ?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I’m the same at holiday dinners, but haven’t been formally diagnosed with Tourette’s… ?
I just tell them I had to self-diagnose because not one Dr. would see me a second time. ?
"You still want those peas passed your way!!!"

Last edited:

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Maybe I missed this, but did anyone see these videos and get them to work?
Rivian R1T R1S Motor Trend Review: The 2022 Rivian R1T Is the Most Remarkable Pickup We’ve Ever Driven 1631082971277
Rivian R1T R1S Motor Trend Review: The 2022 Rivian R1T Is the Most Remarkable Pickup We’ve Ever Driven 1631082983417

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Maybe I missed this, but did anyone see these videos and get them to work?
1631082971277.png
1631082983417.png
Saw them, no worky.
Tried disabling my ad/popup blocker and got ads, but couldn't still couldn't get them to play.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Saw them, no worky.
Tried disabling my ad/popup blocker and got ads, but couldn't still couldn't get them to play.
Same. And the 4 browsers I have on my laptop. Lol.

Wonder if they'll get enabled overnight.

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited: