First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
From my understanding, they were always going to support R1T and R1S pre-order holders, as well as the general public. They will, however, prioritize R1T pre-order holders above others.
Launch edition pre-order holders only? Not all pre-order holders?
Sponsored

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
I take back what I said in the other thread. This is strictly a media blitz. NY, SF, LA, and HQ Factory. Plain and simple. OH and if you happen to be a LE holder close you get an invite till they fill the event based on distance.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Another reason to limit attendanceā€¦.for SF Test DrIves there is a city mandate for proof of vaccinations. Not sure about other event locations in the SF Bay Area.

So this will be an interesting journey for sure.

it will be interesting where the venue will be.

echerod

First Name
Rodolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3
Occupation
Finance
1630447524234.png

Could be a while for R1S preorder holders.
I asked the same thing a couple of weeks ago and got no clarity. I also asked if they would have actual R1Ss to test drive, but no answer either. My guess on the latter is not at first, and maybe not til deliveries start on R1Ss.

Sponsored

nukem384

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3/Rivian R1S
Hmm...I wonder if R1S owners will have a chance at an invite. I'm in the Bay Area, but just put a pre order in last month. I'm betting my chances are super low I get a chance to check out either car?

fromawayfarm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Kona EV
I am 358 miles from the Brooklyn Service Center and 148 miles from the not-yet-opened Chelsea(Boston), MA service center.

My guess is that I won't be hearing from Rivian directly for a while.....and that's OK.

After my experience with...the other EV company...I'm hesitant to get a vehicle that needs to go that far to be serviced.

Yes....I know....Mobile Service. However, my X died because an SD card that (for some unknown/illogical reason) goes BEHIND THE DAMN SCREEN instead of somewhere accessible like the glovebox. So, waited 5 hours for a flatbed, and then they took the car 150 miles away to MA, and replaced my $15 SD Card. Then I had to make the 5 hour roundtrip to pick it up.

So that falls somewhere in between design flaw and service model, and I'm still not over it.
I am right there with you in MidCoast Maine, but I would be willing to travel to NY for this. I've got an LE pre-order and want some hands on to firm up my decision.

MilliM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Polestar 2
Let's hope this changes
*cries in 10 miles from the HQ*:
disappoint.JPG
Waaaaaah indeed. Iā€™m about 5 miles from HQ and was hoping weā€™d be in the sphere. April ā€˜19 LE R1S reservation fwiw.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Another reason to limit attendanceā€¦.for SF Test DrIves there is a city mandate for proof of vaccinations. Not sure about other event locations in the SF Bay Area.

So this will be an interesting journey for sure.

it will be interesting where the venue will be.
Hopefully at this point anyone who is eligible to be vaccinated against COVID-19 has been.
the only people who canā€™t be vaccinated at this point are the very few with a legitimate medical reason(e.g. severely immunocompromised with some risk of interaction between meds and vaccine), and kids under 12.

Anyway, BMW has run such events out of the cow palace before, but Iā€™d reckon Rivian might do something more interesting.

Sponsored

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21
I am right there with you in MidCoast Maine, but I would be willing to travel to NY for this. I've got an LE pre-order and want some hands on to firm up my decision.

I'd be willing to drive, too, but I think my decision is ultimately going to come down to reliability and service. I may sit back for a while and see how it all plays out.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Iā€™ve been trying to avoid writing a post that just says ā€œDisappointed that Rivian has not announced an event in Xā€ with X being my location.

That being said, it feels incredibly off-brand to launch these events in places like LA and NYC, which are not exactly ā€œadventure vehicleā€ destinations. I totally get the flip side in trying to reach the locations with the largest number of people.

Hopefully, if they hold these events in September, they will be ready for events in October in places like PNW and Denver. The reality is starting to set in for me that Rivian will likely not produce a significant number of vehicles in 2021, and we will be looking to the summer of 2022 for delivery of the launch edition R1Ts.

It just feels strange for Rivian to invest in charging infrastructure in Colorado (Salida, state parks) that will purportedly be online in 2021, but nobody in Colorado will have a Rivian vehicle to charge.

Revo

First Name
Revo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Captain

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
It just feels strange for Rivian to invest in charging infrastructure in Colorado (Salida, state parks) that will purportedly be online in 2021, but nobody in Colorado will have a Rivian vehicle to charge.
I agree because I'm also in Denver. But, I'm also starting to feel like my 2019-era pre-order and commitment to the brand isn't really that "special" to Rivian. It's a me thing but I feel like I wish Rivian was doing more to make long-time pre-order holders feel special for investing and showing faith in the company early.

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
Another reason to limit attendanceā€¦.for SF Test DrIves there is a city mandate for proof of vaccinations.
Only in the actual city and county of San Francisco.

The service center is in South San Francisco (which is not "the Southern part of San Francisco," but actually a completely separate city that happens to be in San Mateo County, South of San Francisco City and County) and no such vaccination mandate exists there.

AFAIK, there's no city in San Mateo County with any appreciable vaccine mandate.

Masks definitely required by county mandate, though, as all core Bay Area counties are in lockstep with that.
Sponsored