Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I put in a second preorder as well a couple months ago, due to potential demand.

I don't know if I'll pull the trigger on it, but my reasoning is that there might be some "version 2" updates/fixes/improvements and I should know by then whether I might want the Max Pack R1S. I'm also guessing there could be a decent resale market for my LE since I expect demand to exceed supply.
Sounds like you and I are in the same boat. I have a LE on deposit and placed a second deposit a few months later. I will probably sell the LE to fund the Max pack upgrade on the R1S. but who knows, maybe I keep both??? I am sure the wife won't complain, other than the $$$$ and lack of garage space.
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I have a LE on deposit and placed a second deposit a few months later.
Ok, how many of us have two preorders placed? I made one to preemptively guard against my wife deciding she wants an R1S.

OP
OP
Mtb_Erik38

Mtb_Erik38

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Unlimited Rubicon, 2017 BMW 430i Gran Coupe
Occupation
Professional Bicycle Fitter
I ordered an R1T Explore max pack, with the 20" all terrain wheels and tires, in the Color White (Because I live in South Florida), with the cross cargo rails for the cab and the bed. I'm hoping for a 2022 delivery around the end of the year.

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Very entertaining thread. Congrats to the OP on the Subaru.

I traded in my 2018 Nissan Armada on a Jeep Wrangler 4xe plug-in at the end of May, in part to take advantage of sky-high trade-in values, in part to have a bit of fun while waiting on my R1S LE, and in part to get the $7500 tax credit. Someone on one of these Rivian forums gave me the idea for the Jeep, towing it behind an RV until their R1S arrives (thanks for the idea).

I'm hoping for a spring 2022 delivery of my R1S LE, but who knows. In the meantime, we take my wife's Model Y on road trips (packing lightly) and have fun in the Jeep around town and off-road (+/- 30 mile range all-electric). The off-road experience in an electric vehicle is really remarkable, super quiet, lots of torque, and pretty efficient operations. Hopefully the Rivians will have a way to disable the pedestrian warning system while offroading (in the Jeep you can just pull the fuse).

I'll definitely appreciate the size, luxury, and range of my R1S whenever it gets here. Like many others here, I'm anxiously awaiting outreach from my guide by Thanksgiving.

Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Because of this thread and my want of getting a new car in 2023 or 2024 I went and placed a deposit on an R1T last night. Seems to be lots of different opinions on timing if placing an order now. Should be interesting to see how many Rivian starts producing in the next few months. Then we will probably have a better idea of when orders will start to be filled.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I have to see what October 26th brings. I may have to rethink my vehicle plans. I have a bad feeling the wife will put a stop to a second Rivian.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I have to see what October 26th brings. I may have to rethink my vehicle plans. I have a bad feeling the wife will put a stop to a second Rivian.

I'd wanted a Z06 for years, but couldnt justify with young kids. My R1S will be my practical fast (enough) vehicle.

Jealous though, and I can't wait to see the specs!

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I'd wanted a Z06 for years, but couldnt justify with young kids. My R1S will be my practical fast (enough) vehicle.

Jealous though, and I can't wait to see the specs!
Definitely not family-friendly, but they are fun! When my parents used to ask about grandchildren, I would say they will either have 4 legs or 4 wheels.

mrWildcard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3 and Audi Q5
New here.. same situation but I pulled the trigger to get in line for the R1S max pack.. Even though I really wanted the LE but bigger battery is what I opted for. I really wanted to see the roof options for R1S... too bad there is no moon roof I like the opaque feature but that may be a premium and I like the removable roof too but that reminds me of the leaky seals that MR2 tops had lol.

Sponsored

CabinCrusher

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Project Manager
Ok, how many of us have two preorders placed? I made one to preemptively guard against my wife deciding she wants an R1S.
I’m very close to having the Mrs on board for an R1S in addition to my R1T. Would love to have two Rivians in the stable!

AndroidAppBundle

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bianchi
Q3 2024

If the delivery occurs sooner, you will be happy. If the deliver occurs later, you will be sad.

If I tell you a 2022 date; it is wishful thinking. We still don't have the first vehicles ordered half a decade ago being delivered. It is fair to assume it will take longer than 12 months to get through a 5 year backlog on 3 vehicle models with two production lines. Last I read; Amazon "owned" one of the two production lines. So we're really talking about one production line building both R1S and R1T - all the more reason to be pessimistic

Vehicles that you could have delivered sooner than a R1x model; Hummer EV, Q4 Etron, F150 Lightning, ID4, Model Y, Model X

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
LE and Max pre orders here ??
Sponsored