First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
Maybe I missed this within all that I've been reading.....will there be a way to USB into the infotainment system? I'm an Apple Music person and I'd be happy using that method if Apple Car Play wasn't offered.....
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Maybe I missed this within all that I've been reading.....will there be a way to USB into the infotainment system? I'm an Apple Music person and I'd be happy using that method if Apple Car Play wasn't offered.....
Bluetooth 4 u

if your phone has wireless charging then that means zero cables

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some people care about that. (I do).
I do too(albeit less so in a moving vehicle), but so far the confirmed connectivity is Bluetooth.

and AAC over Bluetooth is just fine

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
I do too(albeit less so in a moving vehicle), but so far the confirmed connectivity is Bluetooth.

and AAC over Bluetooth is just fine
Thanks for sharing that BT is just fine for me.

bigdogrod

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda ridgeline, pre order for cybertruck and r1t
i'd rather pay for satellite radio, than a k turn, tank turn, x turn, overturn, or whatever other goofy turning they come up with. even if they just had the app and an antenna port like 90% of the high end aftermarket radios i see on crutchfield.

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
i'd rather pay for satellite radio, than a k turn, tank turn, x turn, overturn, or whatever other goofy turning they come up with. even if they just had the app and an antenna port like 90% of the high end aftermarket radios i see on crutchfield.
Not sure I‘d go quite that far, i have been an xm subscriber for years and have found myself using apple car play (wired connection) and the audio is better. I was just trying to understand options for taking advantage of the meridian sound system. Bluetooth is generally ok, but has it limits.

Sponsored

cars_on_mars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Wrangler
I’m not aware of Amazon producing a vehicle entertainment system before. What would your ideal system look like?

And all the substitutes are going to require more development resources.

I do not want this car to be some weird extension of Amazon. I don’t want this to have exclusive support for only Alexa and Audible and Amazon Music.

Rivian is so misguided if they think consumers want the Amazon motor vehicle experience. No one is trying to order a 12 pack of batteries from their vehicle. Amazon music service is terrible. Audible requires a 15$/mo subscription.

No CarPlay support is bold; especially if they offer Android auto. Amazon just doesn’t relate to customers that way. I know no one who is a staunch Amazon Music or Alexa fan. I just feel like Rivian is forcing the Amazon ecosystem hard. This comes at a time when Amazon is thin ice with consumers.

There is nothing more that can suck the soul out of your brand than partnering with the juggernaut Amazon
right now. They are Exxon, like when Exxon had the Alaskan oil spill.

I say this as an Amazon shareholder. They do some things well. But not this

Last edited:

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
And all the substitutes are going to require more development resources.

I do not want this car to be some weird extension of Amazon. I don’t want this to have exclusive support for only Alexa and Audible and Amazon Music.

Rivian is so misguided if they think consumers want the Amazon motor vehicle experience. No one is trying to order a 12 pack of batteries from their vehicle. Amazon music service is terrible. Audible requires a 15$/mo subscription.

No CarPlay support is bold; especially if they offer Android auto. Amazon just doesn’t relate to customers that way. I know no one who is a staunch Amazon Music or Alexa fan. I just feel like Rivian is forcing the Amazon ecosystem hard. This comes at a time when Amazon is thin ice with consumers.

There is nothing more that can suck the soul out of your brand than partnering with the juggernaut Amazon
right now. They are Exxon, like when Exxon had the Alaskan oil spill.

I say this as an Amazon shareholder. They do some things well. But not this

I'd be pleansantly surprised with Android Auto/Apple Car play options in the future but it doesn't seem likely.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

@DuckTruck did you guys try an Alexa command while you were in the R1T?
I never witnessed or heard about any demonstration utilizing Alexa, but I think it's coming in the future, via OTA update.

As always, for the company and other "Cloud 10" participants, please weigh in if you additional info.
Sponsored