Sponsored

What Will Be The First Song You Play In Your New Rivian?

BWillR1T

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Audi Q7
Occupation
Construction Executive
Clubs

Too easy. Ironically, if I have to pick mine up in Normal, I’ll pretty much have to drive I-55 back to Chicago.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Here's what I often play as I'm driving into breathtaking mountainous areas or wide open gorgeous vistas overlooking deep canyons fill with shadows and colors. Gives me chills and brings tears to my eyes. My Rivian will take me there.
Annie,

Your story is so awesome! I'm still on a high from last week's event. I guess it's technically two weeks ago, now that it's officially Monday, but I'm still buzzing from it. It's 2:00 in the morning and that score just gave me goosebumps. I fired it up and closed my eyes. Here comes an early morning sunrise, we're driving along the North Rim on our way to The Grand Canyon Lodge for the first time. The sunlight is behind us and the light and shadows make for the most incredible view I've ever seen of the Canyon. At least for me, the lack of crowds (the North only gets about 10% of the GCNP's visitors), the view of the Canyon, its South Rim, and far beyond to the San Francisco Peaks around Flagstaff, makes it much more majestic than even the stunning views from the South Rim. My wife and I are joined by one of my best lifelong friends and his wife, as they're visiting us from Arkansas and have never seen the Canyon before today.

I'm giggling to myself as I type this, just remembering what a great vacation we all had together. Thanks for conjuring up that memory with your pick for your first song, along with your description of how it impacts you.

Edit: I just remembered that the oldest photos in my cell phone photo gallery were captured on that trip. As I opened my gallery and scrolled back, stopping along the way to see my life in reverse, the date of those pictures was exactly 18 years ago today, August 9, 2003. Wow! Where has the time gone? It reminds me that life comes at us very quickly, and can change in an instant. A day without some Adventure is a day wasted, at least in my book.

Sadly, I didn't capture the view when the Sun was still low in the sky. Oddly enough, and to tie this in to a bunch of the conversations here over the past few days, these two pics are of the same scene, on the same day. Notice how the colors, including the Canyon Red on the walls in the foreground change with the different lighting and conditions. Hmmm. Sounds familiar, doesn't it? While there's a really nice pic of my late wife and I from that day, I think I'll keep that one to myself. And....right on cue, here come those warm fuzzies and teary eyes.
Rivian R1T R1S What Will Be The First Song You Play In Your New Rivian? N Rim 8-9-03

Rivian R1T R1S What Will Be The First Song You Play In Your New Rivian? 1628499058486

Although I wanted to play my CSN song "See the Changes" on the R1T's Meridian system in the middle of the Engagement Center while we were all visiting that first night, I didn't want to impose my life's soundtrack on the rest of the folks there. That, and I was honestly afraid I might get weepy. I hope that tune, found in my initial post in this thread, resonates with many of you, just as many of your selections do with me. I sure love that music can do so many things to us, and for us, including reminding us of the people, moments, and events that become our lives.

I'm also thrilled to know we're going to be listening to our favorite music through an awesome sound system. And yes, RJ, my research and conversations with friends in the know leads me to understand better the wisdom of embracing Spotify to craft the personal soundtrack of my Adventures and my life to come. I'm also excited to hear and see what Rivian may be building for us in the way of music tied to locations and the time of day. I heard that we may eventually have tunes tied to Sunrises, Sunsets, beach locations, mountain tops, etc., as the Nav system detects our location and ties it to some musical suggestions. That would be very cool and very welcome. I won't name names of who mentioned this possibility, but his first two initials are RJ.

Every time I hear Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones, I remember travelling across either lower British Columbia/Central Washington with a friend's family when we were kids. It was a Summer evening, the sun was getting close to setting and the sky was yellowish with smoke. I know from the light that I remember streaming in from the left that we were heading Northeast and we were doing so in an old VW Kombi van with the A/C being nothing more than rolled-down windows. When Keith Richard's first guitar riff barks from the VW's crackly AM radio speaker in the dashboard up front, we both yell "TURN IT UP!" from the far back of the van. Luckily, my friend's dad did so, even if he probably thought those British hippy kids were just a noisy flash in the pan. All these years later, that first note sends me back in time, every single time, to the back of that van, where we watched the world fly by outside while jammin' on our air guitars. I hope music never loses that magical spell it holds over me.

Last edited:

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

Sponsored

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
I would have to crank up the Meridian system and play Ten Years After.

....or maybe "I'd Love to Change the World"also by them.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gotta have some ZZ Top too, RIP Dusty Hill.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was having a hard time at first, but they're coming to me now.

jcook01

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Ford Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
As production delays keep on keeping on and features (I've heard AM, Sirius XM, and Android Auto) keep going by the way side, coupled with no big honking battery to tow our camper, we may end up cancelling our R1S for a Tahoe Duromax.

I hope Scaringe is listening we really would like to add another EV to our stable but reality may set in.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sad trend with this particular post/list, but these songs (and other from these artists) will also be on the list.

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
Born to be Wild - Steppenwolf

Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway