First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Interesting, I know they were doing this in some EU countries because of government incentives/directives.

Then again, it is a Musk tweet so who know what it really means. Will be curious to see how they would implement that in the US. There are Superchargers most of the places I drive currently so if they really can open these to the public it certainly would help EV adoption.

I know the Southern CA superchargers, especially close to the cost get pretty busy already. It would be interesting to see if they make them competitive with other options or make them more premium so other options are used first.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Part of why I’ve ordered a rivian is because Elon doesn’t have his fickle fingers in it

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP

EVSport7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Kia Sorento Hybrid
Interesting, I know they were doing this in some EU countries because of government incentives/directives.

Then again, it is a Musk tweet so who know what it really means. Will be curious to see how they would implement that in the US. There are Superchargers most of the places I drive currently so if they really can open these to the public it certainly would help EV adoption.

I know the Southern CA superchargers, especially close to the cost get pretty busy already. It would be interesting to see if they make them competitive with other options or make them more premium so other options are used first.
I can't see them doing this in the US unless they are gonna try to weasel in on the infrastructure money.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I can't see them doing this in the US unless they are gonna try to weasel in on the infrastructure money.
Yes, they are saying all countries eventually but no real timeline. EU much easier as they are already doing CCS there on their cars.

For the US they would need to create adapters or retrofit extra connectors. I'm sure between the current players and the RAN, by the time they get to the US it will not really matter that much.

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
Yes, they are saying all countries eventually but no real timeline. EU much easier as they are already doing CCS there on their cars.

For the US they would need to create adapters or retrofit extra connectors. I'm sure between the current players and the RAN, by the time they get to the US it will not really matter that much.
you guys need this. Tesla owners don’t need you.
should be interesting

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

2021R1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
Wonder if your a current Tesla owner you get preferential access?

Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Wonder if your a current Tesla owner you get preferential access?
Yes, just like you get free idle fees if you own a model S with free supercharging for life.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

Here I was thinking another manufacturer in the US finally agreed to pay Tesla's licensing fee to use their proprietary connector and network. The EU makes much more sense.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Hard disagree. But that's ok.
I'm with you, I think they will need to open this up to generate revenue sooner rather than later. With all of the new EVs coming to market the selling of clean air credits they have been living on will start to dry up. They should be planning it now as they can make it a profit center before the other networks get built out.

That being said, I would actually be very surprised if this happens in the US in the next 4 years.

Curious to see what their Q2 results look like on 7/26.

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I wonder how this will work. New superchargers have CCS installed next to the proprietary connector and we wait for the roll-out? Tesla sells adapters? At what cost? Are the $/kWh the same for Tesla drivers or are we paying more using CCS?

Either way, I’ll probably be willing to pay a bit for an adapter to be able to use their network. It’s great.
Sponsored