Sponsored

Rivian Waiting Room: Have you pre-ordered with deposit?

What have you pre-ordered?

• Total voters

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I actually preordered an R1T, but since decided to keep my HD diesel for truck stuff, & will be getting an R1S instead.
Sponsored

Reactions: Rad

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

For those of you who have changed your mind on whether to get the R1T or R1S, have you also changed your poll voting at the top?? I would be curious to see how those numbers evolve over time. I wonder if DocTwinkie deleted his vote??? @DocTwinkie, if you are still on the forums, have you deleted your vote??

3AXLift

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford F-150, 2018 Toyota Tundra
Thank you. Eye on Rivian, no deposit yet. Still researching as info comes out looking favorable. Considering turning my 2012 F-150 4x4 to in EV, after riding with friend in Tesla S and seeing Possibility's and thanks again to form about KWH battery cost, help put the cost of new R1T in perspective.

JackA

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Pluginncw.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model S - Reservation/Deposit R1S
We placed a deposit and reservation on the R1S as soon as they were offered. Did the same on a Tesla Model S in 2012. After attending the New York Auto Show gathering and seeing the two vehicles and talking with Mr. Scaringe and other employees I am more confident that Rivian will produce a vehicle than I was about Tesla in 2012.

Obsoletion

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla X Permormance, 2017 Tesla P100D, 2017 Ram 3500, 2014 FJ Cruiser
I am waiting until tomorrow to see what Tesla has in mind for a truck. I REALLY like the R1T and would love to have one, but I am also sold on Tesla as I am on my 3rd now. I have confidence based on hundreds of thousands of miles driven that a future Tesla would work, I'm just a little concerned about whether the Cybrtrk will really be a truck or something stupid. I have a Ram 3500 with the 6.7 Cummins and use it to haul a 35-foot boat weighing 12,000 pounds and also a 28' trailer with desert toys. If Tesla makes something stupid that isn't really a truck capable of towing or being used off-road, then I am placing my Rivian order on Friday. I hate waiting!

Last edited:

Sponsored

UT Rivian

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWM2
Placed a deposit on an R1S several months ago. I’m excited to see the online configurator, which will make it seem much more ‘real.’

I have to admit the R1T is appealing, though.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
The thing that I wish we could know is whether Tesla or Rivian got more pre-orders for their trucks after the Cybertruck reveal.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

Rad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 and 2004 MDX, 2016 Jeep JK
Happy 1 year anniversary to those who pre-ordered the first day(s)! Hard to believe it has been a year - hopefully just one more year until the first Rivian's roll off the production line.

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
Happy 1 year anniversary to those who pre-ordered the first day(s)! Hard to believe it has been a year - hopefully just one more year until the first Rivian's roll off the production line.
Part of the anniversary party but I will say my interests are starting to wander.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Part of the anniversary party but I will say my interests are starting to wander.
It's tough with the lack of information coming from Rivian...and I'm a big fan.

Rad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 and 2004 MDX, 2016 Jeep JK
I agree - I would like more info. I would especially like to see some technical off road pics/videos. Pictures and videos of groomed roads or sand-scape areas are ok, but I really want to see the Rivian being tested in a challenging off-road environment.

BillArnett

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T; Tesla Model 3 (Cybertruck on order)
Occupation
Retired
I agree - I would like more info. I would especially like to see some technical off road pics/videos. Pictures and videos of groomed roads or sand-scape areas are ok, but I really want to see the Rivian being tested in a challenging off-road environment.
Rubicon Trail !!

Reactions: Rad

BillArnett

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T; Tesla Model 3 (Cybertruck on order)
Occupation
Retired
The thing that I wish we could know is whether Tesla or Rivian got more pre-orders for their trucks after the Cybertruck reveal.
Shockingly, it would actually appear to be Tesla. I don't expect Rivian has 146,000 pre-orders total (not including the Amazon delivery vans).

https://ww.electrek.co/2019/11/23/tesla-cybertruck-pre-orders/
Tesla is up to 250,000 now.

But those are funny numbers and not directly comparable to Rivian's. Tesla requires only a $100 deposit vs Rivian's $1000. That makes a big difference. Lots of folks will put down $100 just for the heck of it. Calculations saying Tesla's orders represent $14 billion are also bogus: I expect only a fairly small fraction of those preorders will end up as actual sales.