Sponsored

1st deliveries in November says my Rivian Guide. Communication from RJ expected today

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
In all seriousness, the line in the email that matters the most to me is this
  • "I have spent a lot of time in the R1T and R1S in just about every conceivable environment, and I am excited for you to experience the combination of refinement, capability and performance ā€“ it will be worth the wait!"
I know it will be, that's why I'm so excited for Rivian! I can't take delivery until Q4 2022 anyways so the delay doesn't affect me personally, but I'm just super confident this company has the right strategy and approach to their products. The quality and product will speak for itself when it's finally released. I can't wait still.

CarterGee

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner Limited '16
From my Guide for those wondering:

Iā€™m glad you reached out. If you havenā€™t seen it already, an email from RJ went out earlier announcing that deliveries for the R1T have been adjusted to begin in September. I have already reached out to see if this impacts your delivery timing in particular. Since we had already discussed the end of November, this shouldnā€™t have an impact. If I get any new updates or hear anything pertaining to your delivery, I promise I will reach out as soon as I know. Thank you for being patient with us, and as always, your support has been awesome.

Biturbowned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜20 Model Y, ā€˜22 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
From my Guide for those wondering:

Iā€™m glad you reached out. If you havenā€™t seen it already, an email from RJ went out earlier announcing that deliveries for the R1T have been adjusted to begin in September. I have already reached out to see if this impacts your delivery timing in particular. Since we had already discussed the end of November, this shouldnā€™t have an impact. If I get any new updates or hear anything pertaining to your delivery, I promise I will reach out as soon as I know. Thank you for being patient with us, and as always, your support has been awesome.
I believe this delay was already known that's why almost everyone got late fall delivery dates. I think there was one person with an August/Sept delivery.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

We have the exact same setup! Well, uplift deskā€¦different dogā€¦Very cute, thanks for sharing that.
Its soooo convenient hahaha.

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Solutions Architect / Developer
Clubs

My biggest take away was this admission:

I have spoken with a number of you and know we need to do a better job at communicating specifics around deliveries.

My biggest frustration - addressed.

giraffesR1T

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, C3 Corvette
Occupation
IT

I have spoken with a number of you and know we need to do a better job at communicating specifics around deliveries.

I am surprised that he has talked to customers directly and none of them happened to be on this forum .

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Ill settle for a better job at communication in general. What happened to weekly/monthly videos? I think they let the team go or their contracts expired that were doing all of that and decided to just hire permanent positions.

Tecnically he just said we need to do a better job, but didnt actually state if the company will or a plan of action to do so.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I am surprised that he has talked to customers directly and none of them happened to be on this forum .
Yea, I think that was an exaggeration. I bet they READ the forums... But I'm not convinced they actually talked to customers, recently (outside of guide contacts).

Sponsored

MurryR1T

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T delivered 3-24-22
Best I can do!

You can definitely do better, but I laughed nonetheless... then proceeded to move my desk up and down to mimic "turning over" lol

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

The letter is the first part to address it. Realistically, it won't be addressed until they execute on some regular basis (weekly).

There's a lot of "feels" when it comes to pre-ordering something and times that by 100 when its a vehicle. Regular and consistent communications helps manage this. We still need some info on the truck itself but production and delivery status needs to be the primary message until they run through most of the pre-orders.

MurryR1T

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T delivered 3-24-22

I wonder if any on this forum has talked to him and are quiet... either way, glad he put himself out there.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

You can definitely do better, but I laughed nonetheless... then proceeded to move my desk up and down to mimic "turning over" lol

I am a man of my word, I flipped that switch alright! Okay it was a button but hey if Rivian can say S00N this is practically good enough as well!
Sponsored