Sponsored

1st deliveries in November says my Rivian Guide. Communication from RJ expected today

OP
OP

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
Yep, but I will give my apology nonetheless. I thought it was a likely misunderstanding somewhere in the line--not necessarily by you--and it does look like some details were still off, but fair enough. There's a delay and RJ really did send a communication. I apologize for contributing to skepticism about you, even if you find it worthless.
appreciate it. Maybe worthless was harsh
Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
appreciate it. Maybe worthless was harsh
Nope, it's fair for you to be a little annoyed by some of the responses, including mine.

At least my quippy comment about even the announcement of a delay being delayed has panned out beautifully! :CWL:

Time for me to go laugh at myself some more and then enjoy the weekend!

OP
OP

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
OP
OP

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
Sorry, I'm calling bullshit on your claim that a Guide said, "RJ will announce a delay today." Not only has that not happened today, but there's no reason I see why RJ would suddenly become the person to communicate that when all other "big news" has been from the Rivian account.

Moreover, when my Guide contacted me a month ago, I was also told that my delivery would be by the end of November - as have many others. My Guide also told me they hope to "under promise and over deliver" when we talked.

When it comes to what "deliveries" means... That means a production vehicle rolls off the lot to someone which could mean press or rich people or employees. That's not misleading. That's just... how that language works. I wouldn't be surprised if consumers don't get their hands on them until like September tbf.

While I wouldn't be surprised by a delay, it sounds like you're extrapolating or misheard. This just doesn't seem that credible.
the email about the delay came from rj, right? Just checking

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
I'm also curious now if the delivery (months) that were given by guides before today took this delay into account. IE: if someone was told Nov/Dec before. Are they still Nov/Dec? Or are they now Feb+?

As a Canadian - I am assuming this means Nov deliveries starting in Canada is not going to happen and I'll be waiting until Q1 or even Q2 2022.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
the email about the delay came from rj, right? Just checking
in their defense, the email did not come the day you said :p

But honestly, at the time I read your claim, I thought "B.S." too. I think it's funny that you're being salty about it. Getting lucky isn't the same thing as being good/right.

OP
OP

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
Just to be clear, I think this thread is due to a miscommunication. They couldn't possibly need to revise delivery start guidance issued just 45 days ago.
still clearly think this?

OP
OP

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
I am a little curious if they were told R1S deliveries are delayed, and your guide misheard or misunderstood the announcement.

We shall see. ?‍♂
We have now seen

wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

Sponsored

giraffesR1T

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, C3 Corvette
Occupation
IT

But honestly, at the time I read your claim, I thought "B.S." too. I think it's funny that you're being salty about it. Getting lucky isn't the same thing as being good/right.
He became hella salty. Must be new to the internet.

OP
OP

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing

I’m just having fun with it. I really didn’t care

CarterGee

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner Limited '16
Just spoke to my Guide and my delivery date is early to mid-November.

Was told we could expect a communication from RJ later today in regards to the timing. Sounds like the plan is to announce the delay and then over deliver on these new under promised delivery dates.

Sounded like early production has begun and the team is working through all of the inevitable kinks in the line.
Before I share any other thoughts I'm just gonna say I was wrong, KWeimer711 and you were right. Sorry if I came off as a jerk. There are a lot of "speculation" threads and it's hard to take people at face value. Sorry! YOU WERE RIGHT!

OP
OP

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
Before I share any other thoughts I'm just gonna say I was wrong, KWeimer711 and you were right. Sorry if I came off as a jerk. There are a lot of "speculation" threads and it's hard to take people at face value. Sorry! YOU WERE RIGHT!
Ha ha. We’ve all been there. I just like busting peoples balls

giraffesR1T

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, C3 Corvette
Occupation
IT
Youre right. There is so much speculation which I think leans on the side of negative information. So far I've seen posts about "insider information" regarding EPA ratings, crash test failures, lack of features. So Im with you, it is hard to believe everything when someone says well I heard it from this source. We've been scorned before and are cautious.
Sponsored