Sponsored

1st deliveries in November says my Rivian Guide. Communication from RJ expected today

MurryR1T

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T delivered 3-24-22
I blocked out the guys/gals name hopefully they remove their comments.
Bold move to post that though. I hope he/she is fine and continuing to work on getting us our vehicles.
Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Bold move to post that though. I hope he/she is fine and continuing to work on getting us our vehicles.
Agreed not sure why they would even post such a thing but bless them ?

wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

Just spoke to my Guide and my delivery date is early to mid-November.

Was told we could expect a communication from RJ later today in regards to the timing. Sounds like the plan is to announce the delay and then over deliver on these new under promised delivery dates.

Sounded like early production has begun and the team is working through all of the inevitable kinks in the line.
Ok. I just spoke with RIVIAN CS and this is what they told me:
Hey Kenny, thanks for reaching out! There has been no announcement that I am aware of.
Hmm, I am not sure. I will definitely ask around and see if our Guides have been given different information but at this time we have not heard anything differently. I do appreciate you coming straight to us for clarification. (END OF CHAT)

I think everyone is got to give RIVIAN 3 feet - and let them do there thing! They are attempting something that hasn't been done in the truck and SUV market, and honestly unless we all want a YUGO - lets all be more patient about it.

wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Have they been announced officially????
No EPA numbers available from the EPA. In the past I've seen them posted there before the manufacturer says anything about it.

Sponsored

MurryR1T

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T delivered 3-24-22

Was told we could expect a communication from RJ later today in regards to the timing. Sounds like the plan is to announce the delay and then over deliver on these new under promised delivery dates.

Sounded like early production has begun and the team is working through all of the inevitable kinks in the line.
Vindicated... Just received my email

smiesguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / Escalade
Occupation
Planner

Sounds like some people owe you an apology after today’s email!

OP
OP

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
Vindicated... Just received my email
fortunately I never cared what random people on a random forum thought of my listening comprehension

OP
OP

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
Sounds like some people owe you an apology after today’s email!
meh…they would be as worthless as their original comments

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
fortunately I never cared what random people on a random forum thought of my listening comprehension
I'm now questioning my reading comprehension. Did you edit your post? I thought it said the delay was till November? (Not accusing, just curious if I misread originally).

OP
OP

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
I'm now questioning my reading comprehension. Did you edit your post? I thought it said the delay was till November? (Not accusing, just curious if I misread originally).
i did not. Would assume admins did. They also added to the title as mine just said “deliveries in November” initially

edit: November is what I was told yesterday. Maybe between then and now they decided to be slightly more aggressive. I still personally think the early deliveries will go to predominately employees, similar to what other manufacturers have done in the past.

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
Looks like "RANTING" will start soon on this thread. just received the email from Rivian ;).

my personal belief, RJ atleast sent open letter explaining "Why" rather than tweeting just two lines about delay. It gives more of personal accountability.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
My question is did all the guides already know about this a month ago? That might be why they were giving almost everyone October-December dates. If not, then with this delay I wonder if all those deliveries are pushed forward.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
meh…they would be as worthless as their original comments
Yep, but I will give my apology nonetheless. I thought it was a likely misunderstanding somewhere in the line--not necessarily by you--and it does look like some details were still off, but fair enough. There's a delay and RJ really did send a communication. I apologize for contributing to skepticism about you, even if you find it worthless.
Sponsored